Nautilus coils dying quickly (9 in 3 weeks) Please HELP!

Hi,
I am using full size Nautilus, Hollowed tank with 1.6 & 1.8 coils. I have a regular MOD (RA) with Sony 18650 batteries.
I vape about 5ml/day (3nic/30pg/70vg)

I am finding that to start (new coil) the taste & vapour thickness is great, but after 2-3 days it suddenly dies off. The taste becomes dry, no flavour. The vapour is thin & it takes a lot of puffing to get anything out.
It is such a weak experience that I have to change coil because it's tiring to have to puff so much.

What could the problem be?

Thanks for any advice you can give! :-)

As in the topic title, I have had to change coils 9 times in 3 weeks. (5x1.6ohm, 4x1.8ohm)
coils --
1.6ohm, 3.3-5.0V
1.8ohm, 3.3-6.0V

Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    The picture is very nice,you can post it on here:http://support.aspirecig.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5466.
    70% vg e-juice is very thick,it is difficult for our coil to soak up e-juice,We have a test these days,using 50% or 70% vg e-juice with high voltage,the average life of the coil is 3-5 days.
    We don't suggest our customer to use our nautilus series coil with Mod,it is really easy burn out our coils.
    Here are our chief engineer suggestion to use our products correctly:
    For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.3V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,which have constant voltage output.
    For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,use it with voltage adjustable.
    What's more,high proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener content e-juice will also affect the coils life.we suggest to use our products with VG proportion less than 50%(we usually use 0-30%vg e-juice)
    Best regards!
  • Thanks for the info Tina :-)
  • Riquez, the new Atlantis loves high VG liquids. It is brand new... I have only had it for a little over a week, but I got 8 days out of the first Atlantis coil with 70VG, not to mention it performs much better IMO than the Nautilus.
  • Joseph" said:
    Riquez, the new Atlantis loves high VG liquids. It is brand new... I have only had it for a little over a week, but I got 8 days out of the first Atlantis coil with 70VG, not to mention it performs much better IMO than the Nautilus.
    Thanks Joe. I was just coming back to ask this question & your reply was already waiting for me :-)

So, maybe Atlantis is a better option for me. If I use Atlantis with my standard mechmod shown above, is that OK? Or should I be getting the subohm CF?
  • Joseph, when you say 8 days; do you mean '8 days & still going strong', or 'after 8 days you had to change'?
    I guess 8 days is good for subohm like this, but I am hoping for something I can vape for 2+ weeks without changing coils.
  • Like I said it is brand new so I can't comment to you fully on the Atlantis coil life. The first coil lasted 8 days and the flavor dropped off, so I had to change it. BUT in these first 8 days I have barely put this tank down and vaped in long sessions really heating this thing up. So I can see these coils lasting 2 weeks without extreme use like I did in the first week. I don't know how much liquid you use in 2 weeks, but in the first 8 days I put just under 50ml of liquid through that coil, so that lets you know how much I really used it in those 8 days.

I have been a lot easier on this new coil, I will let you know how long this one lasts. Also, you can use it on your mechanical mod that you own, just make sure you use a high quality battery that can withstand at least 20 amps... I recommend purchasing the LG HE2 18650.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire