To become a member of Aspire Engineers!

Wow! How to start, my own thought is, wow, so amazing!!!
Aspire Atlantis has been put into market for 15 days, many of our customers have experienced its performance. Many people like it, and of course there are a few people doubt it. So, here we are.
Leave your suggestions on Atlantis here, any ideas such as structure design, coils design, capacity design, even the appearance design are welcome! Come on friends, we will send all of your ideas to our engineer team, after testing and confirming the ideas are available, they will be used in Aspire next new product! Everybody has the chance to be a member of Aspire Engineers! Interesting enough? exciting enough? So why not do it now?
jpg
jpg
QQ图片20141202174751.jpg
Comments
  • 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @milmil0428 I couldn't are more I think Aspire should make Ni200 Coils for the Triton or Atlantis V2, since they can be interchangeable. Then onto making Titanium Coils, after they see the success of the Ni200 Coils. So all of use die-heart Aspire Customers can buy a Temperature Control Coil from Aspire directly, instead of having to buy coils from another company that fit the Atlantis V2. Then if the Temp Controlled Coils fit the Atlantis V2, then people with a Temperature Control Mod can use them with your latest tank on the market, "The Triton". Because at this time to use my Temperature Control Mod, I have to buy "Eleaf EC TC Atomizer Head - Ni200 Nickel Coils", feel like Aspire is losing the market on TC and this allowed your customer or really actually forces your customer to look elsewhere to find a TC Coil for their Atlantis, V2, Mega, and Triton. Just something that should be passed on to your development and engineer team. :-bd
    milmil0428
  • Nickel and Titanium coils for the Triton or Atlantis V2 would be nice.
  • @Southy321 there are many customers gave us the TC suggestion.
    We have passed all the suggestion to our products development department.
    I believe that they will not let aspire customers down.
    I am waiting for future aspire new products to come out.
    Southy321
  • My cf mod can shock me, the bottom screw being the negative terminal and the power button area and surrounding metal act as a positive post. It happens most frequently after refilling; (juice acts as a conductor). The funny part is I'm not worried about my health and safety I'm worried about battery drain XD. So to the engineers I say revise the future designs with the electrical components safely contained. Also I would like to see future products steer away from pressing parts together and in favor of a threaded design. My cf mod has been dropped and has a lean where a gap is forming. My fault indeed for dropping it but I still aspire for greatness from this company. XD
    charlzrocks
  • Optional Ni200 coils to be used with the DNA40 based mods (temperature control)... ;)
  • I have been using the Atlantis for about a week but have been getting leakage from the air hole, so don't know if it is a faulty coil or something apart from that everything else is fine it looks and vapes great although a slightly larger tank capacity might be better.
  • You should have a rebuildable adapter head to compete to please the rebuilders as well have a larger tank capacity and make the chimney even bigger and shorten the shaft for even better flavour.One more thing as well make the Atlantis in black too if possible .I hope this helps.
  • edited December 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There is a huge growing concern among large vaping communities over 2 things and I think Aspire would benefit 1,000% on once fixed.

1) The inner chimney must be stainless. Aspire needs to re-design the chimney or simply raise the price of their flagship tanks and make everything on it stainless steel. This is a huge concern among vapers.

2) The coils must be cotton. This is another huge concern among many people, they want to see organic cotton used as the wicking material. Nothing else.

I think if Aspire did these two things, they would win over just about every customer in the clearomizer market. I can't stress enough how important these two things are... these are two issues that have turned off A LOT of potential customers from what I've read around the web.
  • The inner chimney must be stainless. Aspire needs to re-design the chimney or simply raise the price of their flagship tanks and make everything on it stainless steel. This is a huge concern among vapers.
  • I have no interest whatsoever in sub-ohm vaping, but I have two suggestions for Aspire engineers wrt to all their tanks (like Nautilus) and coils:

1) Please make the chimney in all your tanks out of real stainless steel--as advertised--and not chrome-plated brass.

2) Please get rid of that ceramic/fiberglass material that you're using in your coils. There is absolutely no need to use controversial materials like that. Your "fiberglass/ceramic paper" crumbles and deteriorates when touched and those tiny particles may be combined with eliquids and inhaled or swallowed by the vaper. There are much safer materials available--amorphous silica, Japanese organic cotton, cellucotton (rayon)--to name a few. Please make nice sturdy microcoils using high quality nichrome or kanthal wire, preferably lower gauge (30, 29 ga), 1.2-2.0Ω resistance, and make your coil heads easy to rewick. If you make those changes, I'll be the first one to buy them.
  • Redesigning the crown/cap that the coil sits in. Keep the coil size but increase the volume that you can fill the tank to. Is there an assy tank for this device?
  • As others have said, the chimney has to be solid stainless steel. No exceptions.

The concerns over ceramic wicking material needs to be addressed also.

Is the ceramic wicking material being treated correctly?

These 2 concerns alone could kill this awesome device.

I see that Vaporshark is the exclusive distributor of the temp sensing (ni200) coils. I don't have a problem with that. I'm just hoping the TSC coils for the Atlantis aren't far behind.
  • Ok. I have to giggle at this Stainless vs Chrome Brass debate for the chimney.

Does anyone realize how much brass and chrome plated brass is used in the food and pharmacological processing world wide? Also how much vapor (>100C) is passed over brass and chrome in those industries (including manufacturing of inhalation medications)?

This whole issue, I believe, stems from the 60's. Back when people made pipes and other smoking paraphilia out of brass. That was an issue with red hot coals sitting on bad brass, which did cause issues. The same with chrome plated parts that there plated in some ones basement (yes you can chrome things at home). Think stoned hippies trying to make something that looks cool, but knowing nothing about metallurgy.

With the proper chrome plating (there are various levels of chrome plating for specific applications) it is a non-issue. I would like to believe that Aspire has done their homework and specified the proper level of chrome plating in their products.

It's the cloners that I worry about. Who knows how and how well they are chrome plating their parts.

P.S.
    I had a crash course in chrome plating when I need to get a part re-chromed. I took it to a plating facility and their head engineer checked over the part and then explain just about everything there is about chrome electrolysis plating (it was a slow day for him). All I can say is WOW! There was a lot of information.
  • DrWilken" said:
    Optional Ni200 coils to be used with the DNA40 based mods (temperature control)... ;)
    +1
    I do not own a temperature controlled mod yet, and I know they only are able to use nickel coils.
    I see myself buying a temp. controlled mod in the near future, and it would be absolutely fantastic if Aspire had the option of nickel coil heads! THAT WOULD ROCK!

(If I HAD TO, I would even entertain the idea of rebuilding BVC or Atlantis coil with nickel just to see if I could do it and it would work.)

GET TO WORK ENGINEERS! :lol:
  • I am no engineer, but I think the reason Aspire coil heads work so well is because of the ceramic material.
    I dont think gluten-free vegan organic free-range cotton would perform as well.
    If the best wicking material was plain old cotton balls, Im convinced Aspire would have taken that route instead of an exotic ceramic material.
    And I am not worried about hype that it hasnt been tested on laboratory animals.
    ...but that is just me.
  • Probably a well know fact, but ensure that the wick material has a fibre diameter greater than 5 micrometers, less than this it could induce lung damage.
  • @Tina Thanks for forwarding this information to the correct department. It's really exciting to hear that I'm not the only Aspire Loyal Customer looking for TC coils from the source because nothing out there stands up to Aspire Coils (quality, flavor, cloud production, and it would be made by Aspire).. hmm what more could I want!! :-B [-O<
  • DM92 said:

My cf mod can shock me, the bottom screw being the negative terminal and the power button area and surrounding metal act as a positive post. It happens most frequently after refilling; (juice acts as a conductor). The funny part is I'm not worried about my health and safety I'm worried about battery drain XD. So to the engineers I say revise the future designs with the electrical components safely contained. Also I would like to see future products steer away from pressing parts together and in favor of a threaded design. My cf mod has been dropped and has a lean where a gap is forming. My fault indeed for dropping it but I still aspire for greatness from this company. XD

It sounds to me like your cf mod is cracked or warped due to you dropping it and has nothing to do with being pressed together. Be more careful and get some of them silicone anti-slip rings for your tubular mods! [-X
© 2017 Powered by Aspire