My Review of the Aspire Atlantis

At first unboxing the only thing that can be said is it looks incredible and the coils are huge. It has a very nice large bore stainless steel drip tip that can be removed, but this is a very nice drip tip. I would like to see Aspire make the base of the Atlantis flush instead of protruding slightly where the drip tip connects.

It holds 2ml of liquid which is really not enough when subohming, but I do like small setups. I'm also sure Aspire will probably be releasing a larger version of the Atlantis at some point. I have found a small trick to adding some capacity when filling... You can fill the tank with the Atlantis coil installed, this will allow you to fill it up higher then screw the coil into the base, but it's a little tricky. Either way, if you're going to be on the go for a long time you will need to bring a bottle of liquid with you.

There is also something to be said about the Aspire high-end devices. The new Atlantis in no way is replacing the Nautilus, these two flagship tanks serve totally different purposes. The Nautilus is targeted for the average vaper which values low liquid consumption, compatibility with all batteries, great flavor and vapor. On the other hand the Atlantis has targeted the subohm market, where clouds are the payoff.

The Atlantis provides excellent flavor just like an RBA/RDA but it produces huge amounts of vapor and I recommend you have some knowledge of batteries and ohms law. This new tank from Aspire also eats into your liquid supply much faster, which anyone into rebuilding already knows.

There is also a new air-flow system on the Atlantis, you have the choice of 4 seperate air-flow holes and each setting will give a satisfying click. The performance of this tank is UNBELIEVABLE, it hits good and the flavor/vapor is on par with my old single coil RDA builds. I can't believe Aspire pulled this off, my hat is off to everyone that works there! If you are looking to blow clouds without the hassles of rebuilding or just get in a pinch and don't have the time to mess with a rebuild... the Aspire Atlantis is AMAZING! I have not had any leaking or spitting issues with the tank or coils, I have only used one slightly thinner liquid in it so far.

If you are looking for a simple way to blow clouds, it doesn't get any easier than the screwing the Atlantis onto the Aspire Subohm battery and buying a pack of Atlantis coils which can be replaced in under a minute. I can't comment on the life of the new Atlantis coils yet as I have only had it for a day, but I am sure they will last 1-2 weeks just like the other Aspire BVCs...

There is one other topic I would like to touch on. Authenticity! Aspire has quickly became one of the top brands in vaping. There are a lot of fake/clone Aspire devices being sold, you should always buy from a reputable supplier. You should NEVER buy an Aspire product from Ebay or any other similar website. I have attached some pictures below of the new Atlantis as well as some comparisons of it next to the Nautilus Mini.

Picture here showing the size difference between the Atlantis coils (left) and Nautilus coils (right)

Picture of the Atlantis (left) and Nautilus Mini (right)

And an excellent photo I took of the new Atlantis tank on the SubΩ battery...

More to come...
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nice review and nice pictures, thank you Joseph.

Waiting for more now ... ;)
  • I have ALMOST put 30ml of liquid through my first Atlantis coil. I am telling you now, I wouldn't be suprised if these coils last a month!

I can't get a good picture of it right now because the sun is down and it will not show up good with the flash... I need natural light.

Again, nearly 30ml in and the actual coil/wire inside has not even started to darken or caramelize any liquid yet. These new Atlantis coils are going to be greaaaatt!! I will let you know when my first one finally goes out on me.
  • Any word on the .8 and 1.0 ohm coils for the Atlantis? I like the the .5 coils I like to vape more at in between .8 and 1.2 ohm.
  • As of right now, Aspire has said they are not releasing anything but 0.5 ohm coils for the Atlantis.

They also said if the market changes or they receive enough demand for 0.7 or 1.0 ohm coils, they might consider it.
  • Jvb941" said:
    Any word on the .8 and 1.0 ohm coils for the Atlantis? I like the the .5 coils I like to vape more at in between .8 and 1.2 ohm.
    C'mon now! Considering all the settings you have available on a decent VV-VW mod, four airflow settings, All the different PG-VG mixes and flavors of juice, you STILL cant find anything you like?
    Some people are SO hard to please!
  • Thanks for the review Joseph. Question, I have never subohmed and was wondering what the differences in flavor and juice usage is between the Atlantis and Full size Nautilus?

I have been using the Nautilus Full size tank since I quit the analogs 4 months ago. I have four of them on a daily rotation. So before I go and purchase the Atlantis I wanted your input.

Because I am now seeing different tank sizes for the Atlantis. I have three regulated mods, the MVP 20Watt, the IStick and getting the Beyang 30 Watt. I also have just purchased a reo grand lp.

So in your experience what ohm coil and what size tank would you suggest Atlantis wise?

Your help would be much appreciated!
  • I really do like the Atlantis... for a while I wasn't getting much flavor but switched to a e-juice that steeped for a long time and it tasted good. I tend to buy juices freshly mixed as it's cheaper but have to remember to let them steep for several weeks so they become a darker color, then they tend to taste better with Atlantis.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire