CF VV charging issue

I am having a problem with my new Aspire CF VV 1600. When I bought it the dude behind the counter used a USB charger to verify that the battery is fully charged before he sold it to me. I get the battery home and put my new Nautilus mini on and start vaping.

Well some time later the button flashed orange 15 times letting me know I needed to charge the unit. I removed the tank and screwed on the charger. I got the red light on the charger and the battery had the solid orange light. After a few minutes (less then 5) the light turned blue. A couple of hours later it was still blue.

I went to bed understanding that the charger will turn off after the battery was fully charged. 4 hours later I check the battery and the light on the charger is still red and the light on the battery is still blue. I left it alone and checked again 2 hours later. Still the same. I removed the charger and used the battery. It works just fine and love using it. Again I got the 15 orange flashes and tried to charge it. Again I got the same results, the blue light never goes out and the red light on the charger stays on.

I checked the security codes for both the battery and the nautilus mini and they are both original Aspire products. I also checked the charger to verify that its output is DC4.2v with 420mA.

Question, Is this an issue with the chip within the battery? Did I damage it or did the dude behind the counter damage it when he checked it to see if the battery was fully charged?

I love the product and want to stay with the Aspire family but am troubled with the new gear.
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Mrbill,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    "Well some time later the button flashed orange 15 times letting me know I needed to charge the unit".How long did you use when the light on the battery to tell you the battery need to charge?
    "It works just fine and love using it. Again I got the 15 orange flashes and tried to charge it. "How long did you use when the light on the battery to tell you the battery need to charge?
    Have a nice day!
  • Tina" said:
    Dear Mrbill,
    "Well some time later the button flashed orange 15 times letting me know I needed to charge the unit".How long did you use when the light on the battery to tell you the battery need to charge?
    "It works just fine and love using it. Again I got the 15 orange flashes and tried to charge it. "How long did you use when the light on the battery to tell you the battery need to charge?
    Have a nice day!
    Dear Mrbill,
    One more question,did you connect the USB to the computer to charge or connect it to the adapter,then to the wall to charge?
    Have a nice day!
  • I have the same battery and after about 3 months it just stays orange, couldn't get to charge so went and bought new one. Used it until it started blinking orange and put on charger. Now new one isn't charging and stays orange on charger, have tried 2 different chargers. Any idea on how to get these to work???
  • Dear Springtx99,
    For your problem,please take a short video to show your problem to our service: service@aspirecig.com
    What's more,we need below information:
    Security code of your battery
    Did you use our original charger?
    What is the capacity of your charger?
    Now new one isn't charging and stays orange on charger? How long did you charge it?did you connect the USB to the computer to charge or connect it to the adapter,then to the wall to charge?

Have a nice day!
  • I am having a problem with th CF VV also.
    In my case the battery is charged but the button appears to be stuck on.
    As soon as I try to screw the atomiser on the battery it starts hissing and making vapour (just like when you press the battery button). The button is not lit up and does not light up when you press the button).
  • Dear Gromit,
    For your problem,please take a short video to show your problem to our service: service@aspirecig.com
    What's more,we need below information:
    Security code of your battery

Have a nice day!
  • having the same issue, no flashing light on charger (red/green) and CFVV stays orange and wont seem to charge. have tried two official aspire chargers and another charger with no luck. while on the charger it will produce a multicolor flash similar to it turning on and the orange light disappears for a moment and then back on. hours later an nothing... still relatively new

please help
© 2017 Powered by Aspire