Nautilus obviously not ready for release

So why was this tragically inconsistent product ever sold to customers?

It seems there are 2 kinds of people in the world:
1 Those for which the Nautilus is the best vape of their lives, with little effort or hassle, and
2 Those for which the Nautilus is worse than a CE4, regardless of how many tanks, seals and coils we waste our money on.

Unfortunately for me, Im in group 2....

Seriously, give me 1 good reason why I would waste money on _any_ product emerging from your poorly QA controlled factories? The Nautilus was, for me, an expensive mistake. But I kept reading the glowing reviews - I've read everything, tried everything, bought (at least 2 of) everything, and it just turns good juice into disgusting headache-smoke....

Sorry. Hopefully you can make enough revenue from the 2nd type of people out there :(

There's no way I would take a chance with aspire again, ever.

[EDIT] OK I was somewhat agitated when I wrote the above. Since then multiple problems were eventually fixed and both tanks are working great. No thanks to aspire, who I hope can tighten their QA.
It's ironic, really, that I spent only $60 on the tanks, but over $300 worth of hours debugging them :lol:
Comments
  • 19 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    We sincerely sorry for your bad experience.
    What is your problem?
    Have a nice day!
  • I definitleny agree with the Poster. Definitely not ready to be sold
  • As you said there are two types of people. Those who love it, other that hate it. Which could also be broken down to two sub types. Those who buy from reputable resellers, and those who buy from the least expensive resellers.

Those who buy from the least expensive resellers run into the problem of buying clone, knock off products. Which produce bad products that aren't made to the proper specifications, which give people the most problems.

Clone tanks may not be machined properly to accept authentic coils (or even clone coils) and may cause leaks and various other issues. Clone coils may also may not be made to fit properly in authentic tanks (or also clone tanks) which causes issues. It's a loose-loose situation when dealing with cloned stuff.

The greater issue is that the cloners are getting good at making things look authentic (packaging, scratch codes, etc.) but just not the quality of products. Even brick and mortar stores try to maximize their profit and try to get by with getting their stuff from questionable sources.

There is a saying "If it looks to good to be true, it most likely is." If you find a place that is selling Aspire stuff at below cost, run away. It most likely will be clone product. Granted, there might be someone selling AT cost, to entice you buy other things with a markup price (called a loss leader item).

The best advice is to do homework, research whom you buy from. Look up certified resellers. Ask other people. Buy direct. Etc.

Footnote: Now with every mass produced item, there might be an occasional bad part made. Stuff happens, nothing is perfect. That is why there are warranties. When buying, always ask what the return policy is. Example: When at a shop, look at the Aspire batteries. Ask the proprietor what is their warranty policy for Aspire batteries. If they say anything less than 6 months, walk away (actually run). Because 6 month warranty is what Aspire states on their documentation. And if a reseller won't honor what the manufacturer states, they aren't good resellers.
  • Hi,

I was going to post a similar message and found this thread.
    (... and another thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1815)

I am in Group 2 as above.

My Mini Nautilus has authentic unique scratch code, paperboard packaging and 3D (Hologram) Aspire sticker ...
    ... and NO flavour at all. I can send code, if requested.

I've tried with a new atomizer.
    I am considering throwing it away!

I wondered if my juice was too complicated for it but I have gone back to using Aspire CE5-S BDC which produces good flavour, etc., with the exact same juice.

It's a mystery to me why reviews about Mini Nautilus are so good.

Daxx (UK)
  • Daxx, is the flavor just muted or is it tasting burnt?

The Nautilus works best on a VV/VW battery or device and the wider you open the airflow you will produce less flavor and more vapor.
  • Joseph" said:
    Daxx, is the flavor just muted or is it tasting burnt?
    Hi Joseph. No burnt taste at all. I use an 80PG/20VG mix with 12% flavouring including 7% brandy. Ther's no hint of a brandy flavour from the Mini that I can detect.
    Joseph" said:
    The Nautilus works best on a VV/VW battery or device and the wider you open the airflow you will produce less flavor and more vapor.
    I used the mid-point on the airflow but I've tried all settings. I'm not a vapour junkie. I had been vaping eGo C for about 2 years. Recently, I used the Mini with Eleaf iStick VV/VW at around 9W on a 1.8Ω BVC atty but I've tried higher and lower wattages.
  • Joseph, I just saw another of your posts viewtopic.php?f=8&p=7648#p7648

7.0% Brandy
    2.5% Maple Syrup
    1.1% Toffee
    1.4% RY4

Sounds disgusting, I know :twisted:
    So, it looks like I'm using the mix I want to use instead of an approved mix that the Mini can understand.

In which case, the OP's point is confirmed and I might as well throw this thing away.
    Mini Protank 3, iClear 16D and other devices I have handle my juice well enough.
    As I said, I'm currently using Aspire CE5-S BDC 1.8Ω and that's OK, too. I hope the new replacement BVC coils will be even better.

Customer takes the hit when the manufacturer gets it wrong?

Regards,

Daxx
  • Guz is actually very wrong. I have had issues with genuine products myself. Not always but more often than not. The issue is the hit or miss inconstancy or as the original poster had said the inconstancy in its QC department. I have read many reviews of people who had verified the product was genuine with the same exact issues that the staff and its followers blame on knock offs. Many of these issues were brought to my attention on this very website. My issues were blamed on the product potentially being a knock off and since I didn't have proof of verification I was only met half way with a partial credit. After ordering a product directly from them I had the same issues and, go figure, no code was made available even directly from Aspire. So the theory of it being a KO because of the code not being available is null for that fact alone. And lets not even get into the fact that it must be a clone because it has issues in general, that's just wrong. A code coming up as invalid however, yes.

You can buy a pack of atomizers for example, check the code, have it turn out, and have three out of the 5 with varying issues from the pin not making contact to the size of the juice intake holes causing issues with flooding. I have even noticed the rubber insulator holding the pin in place was made of different material from one atty to the next in a five pack that I had verified.

Those who love these products I have a feeling are those that review many products and never really stick with a brand long enough to encounter these inconsistencies, or don't care.

I have tried a few of the cheaper tanks thus far all based on the same principle with the same atomizers and yes they are the lower budget ones but there is little room for error outside of the quality control issues and the atomizer itself as they are used for multiple products. That being said when you are looking to start at the bottom with a company so you can learn to trust it why even spend more money on their higher end products?

I will never purchase another Aspire product again nor will I recommend it. I had more success with products made by Njoy and Haus that are sold at Wal-Mart or 7-11 and Walgreens.
  • Thanks to everyone who posted. Your responses are greatly appreciated.
    The best advice is to do homework, research whom you buy from. Look up certified resellers. Ask other people. Buy direct. Etc.
    Thanks Guz. I did, I did and I did. All my hardware was EXPENSIVE. It is also AUTHENTIC(double, triple, quadruple-checked). I now know more about how an ecig tank works than I ever cared to lol
    I may be an idiot, but I'm not stupid.....

I tried new coils(again), and got one tank(of 3) sort-of working with a BVC. When it works, it IS great, but I can't relax because every 10 minutes or so I get a disgusting-tasting dry-vape.

Definitely not spending any more time debugging this tank. Just eat the cost and go back to my trusty but a bit krusty Kangers.

*sigh*

I used to build mobile phones for a living. Sometimes pressure from 'stakeholders' resulted in a product being released before it was really and truly ready and production-tested. I believe this may have happened here.
  • I agree with the poster as well.
    and I brought my tank off from this website http://www.litecigusa.net/Aspire_Nautil ... _s/378.htm
    for the Aspire Nautilus tank and the BVC coils for it too,.

and I also just brought the New Aspire Atlantis Sub-Ohm Tank with extra coils for that and CF Subohm battery.
    I hope this place is not a knock off shop ?
  • Tina" said:
    Dear Customer,
    We sincerely sorry for your bad experience.
    What is your problem?
    Have a nice day!
    Ni hau Tina.
    What is my problem? :? Seriously?
    Good luck for you and your family.
    xiexie
  • Fixed.

Yeah I said I was done debugging but when everyone is raving about the best vape experience, which the universe seems determined to deny you, it tends to stick in one's craw..

There were several issues, in the end, and different for each tank assembly...

Firstly, the tank which was 'sort of' working turned out to have 2 problems: The original coils that came with the units were defective. There was too little wicking material present to ever carry enough juice.
    Many of the replacement coils I tried were similarly deficient, plus I probably discarded good coils blamed for fails actually due to other things. Yes I had read about the common coil problems but I just couldn't believe that 10 out of 10 replacement coils could be bad(and read, below-probably weren't)...

Once a working coil finally made it into the tank the 2nd problem was unmasked: There was a tiny groove, a scratch, if you will, corkscrewing down the base of the pyrex thread. Most of the time it was sealed with fluid from condensed water vapor but must have been allowing pressure fluctuations inside the tank from time to time when not. Sealing this seems to have (fingers crossed) fixed the tank for good. No more dry vapes.

Another tank I kept also had coil issues, plus an almost invisible tear in the lower seal. I'd changed it once while trying everything I could, probably introducing either the dud seal or damaging it myself during installation, when the original was probably fine. It seemed to be causing some flooding but dry vape? I can't see how....

Anyho the upshot is that perserverence has paid off. I have to agree that the nautilus is the best tank in my collection. It's truly fabulous in my vamo at any wattage with any liquid.

I just wish it hadn't been such a bloody chore :(
  • I'm really glad you got it working to your satisfaction Matt. :D
  • Thanks Joseph. Me too. The more I enjoy vaping the less I want to smoke.

I Sooo, sooo wanted them to work like I was seeing on youtube...

+------------------------------*
    **** Merry Christmas *****
  • I purchased three in late October and now, just weeks later,two of them have failed. One simply doesn't work at all and the other has separated at the base, Canh I have them replaced or will you make them good?
  • pjgately" said:
    I purchased three in late October and now, just weeks later,two of them have failed. One simply doesn't work at all and the other has separated at the base, Canh I have them replaced or will you make them good?
    Carefully push it back on all the way.

I dropped my rig(my avatar pic), and the tank separated from the base and just popped it right back on. In fact it might have even saved the pyrex.
  • Guz" said:
    As you said there are two types of people. Those who love it, other that hate it. Which could also be broken down to two sub types. Those who buy from reputable resellers, and those who buy from the least expensive resellers.

Those who buy from the least expensive resellers run into the problem of buying clone, knock off products. Which produce bad products that aren't made to the proper specifications, which give people the most problems.

Clone tanks may not be machined properly to accept authentic coils (or even clone coils) and may cause leaks and various other issues. Clone coils may also may not be made to fit properly in authentic tanks (or also clone tanks) which causes issues. It's a loose-loose situation when dealing with cloned stuff.

The greater issue is that the cloners are getting good at making things look authentic (packaging, scratch codes, etc.) but just not the quality of products. Even brick and mortar stores try to maximize their profit and try to get by with getting their stuff from questionable sources.

There is a saying "If it looks to good to be true, it most likely is." If you find a place that is selling Aspire stuff at below cost, run away. It most likely will be clone product. Granted, there might be someone selling AT cost, to entice you buy other things with a markup price (called a loss leader item).

Footnote: Now with every mass produced item, there might be an occasional bad part made. Stuff happens, nothing is perfect. That is why there are warranties. When buying, always ask what the return policy is. Example: When at a shop, look at the Aspire batteries. Ask the proprietor what is their warranty policy for Aspire batteries. If they say anything less than 6 months, walk away (actually run). Because 6 month warranty is what Aspire states on their documentation. And if a reseller won't honor what the manufacturer states, they aren't good resellers.
    I have bought and verified all 3 of my aspire products from reputable official vendors and have had issues with all three Aspire products. My brand new Atlantis I got
    12/26 has been verified. It is now on its 6th coil in a little over a week. The 2 nautilius' I had also had issues with not wicking properly no matter what type of juice was used. The Atlantis may
    Produce great vapor production, but after two days of use, the $5/coil I have to spend is outrageous. I sincerely hope that Aspire will do something about these defective products they are selling and will honor their customers with issues by refunding their money. After making several trips to my local shop who is also frustrated at the amount of issues and has no idea what is causing the coils to burn up after two days when using 20% VG juice, I am at wits end and unless Aspire will make this right by refunding
    my money for the Aspire and coils, I will not be purchasing another item from them.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire