New BVC (Non-Nautilus) Coils

Hello,

I have a couple of quick questions about the new Non-Nautilus BVC coils. I'm running Vivi Nova-S Glass tanks with the original BDC at the moment. I noticed that the boxes on the BVC coils list a higher minimum voltage than the BDC coils. I'm currently running the 1.8 ohm BDC around 9 watts/4.0 volts whereas the same BVC suggests a minimum voltage of 4.2 (thus would be around 10 watts according to my calculations).

My questions are 1) being a single coil, will the higher power required be mitigated by a lower power consumption of a single coil, and 2) exactly how does vapor production and flavor between the two coils compare? Please let me know.
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Honest enough,it is really hard to answer your question.
    We have changed the voltage range label for both BDC or BVC coils from September,we also post this information on our website:https://www.aspirecig.com/news/news182.html
    Here are our chief engineer suggestion to use our products correctly:
    For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.0V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,which have constant voltage output.
    For our 1.8ohm coils,It is better to use them with voltage adjustable battery,the voltage should be 4.2-4.8.
    For our 2.1 ohm coils ,the reasonable voltage is:5.0-6.0V,use it with voltage adjustable battery
    The vapor production and flavor between the BDC coils and BVC coils,which one is best,it is really difficult to answer,because,some customers feedback that they like our new BVC coils,while,some customers like our old BDC coils,we need customers' help to tell us their using experience.
    Have a nice day!
  • Taste is really subjective so I won't comment on that, but in my personal experience the new Aspire BVCs do last longer and produce more vapor.

If you have a standard VV device, I would stick with the 1.8 if you decide to try the BVC.
  • As a customer, and avid user of vapor products, I can easily answer the question regarding the BVC. They are indeed superior in design to their predecessors. Without a doubt. I removed all of my BDC atomizers from my 5mL Nautilus Tanks, replacing them with the 1.6ohm BVC replacements. I have also purchased several 2mL Nautilus Mini Tanks, which come stocked with 1.6ohm BVC's. Better flavor, better vapor, and pretty much ended all possibility of gurgle. (high PG content liquid with low air flow occasionally sees a little bit of pooling and less vapor production, but no one really uses this product in this manner) I use 11W for 4.2v on 1.6ohm coil, drawing 2.625 amperes.

Lower resistance coils are capable of using more power, and generating more heat. Compared to coils with the same surface area, the lower resistance coils will have a greater output of heat and a greater use of your battery than that of the higher resistance coil. (Impedance is much like holding your finger in the crack of a dam. The less you push in, the less resistance, the more water comes out. This "water" then has more potential than if you used more resistance and let less water come through)

I await my 0.5ohm 2mL Aspire Atlantis Tank and Aspire SubOhm Battery to try my 100% VG liquids on. I have high hopes for this new device. If all goes well, this should eliminate any need to try dripping while driving, and let me concentrate more on things that matter most.
  • antilol" said:
    I await my 0.5ohm 2mL Aspire Atlantis Tank and Aspire SubOhm Battery to try my 100% VG liquids on. I have high hopes for this new device. If all goes well, this should eliminate any need to try dripping while driving, and let me concentrate more on things that matter most.
    I have the new Atlantis and can tell you without a doubt the new tank is a dream. I also used to use an RDA while driving from time to time. I will NEVER have to do it again. The Atlantis put an end to all RDA use for me... vapor and flavor is there :mrgreen:
  • Sweet, just tossing a pack of coils & a bottle of liquid into a travel kit while leaving my RBA tools at home sounds quite nice. Can't wait to road test this.
  • Sweet, just tossing a pack of coils & a bottle of liquid into a travel kit while leaving my RBA tools at home sounds quite nice. Can't wait to road test this.

What mod are you using to fire this thing up on?
  • antilol" said:
    Sweet, just tossing a pack of coils & a bottle of liquid into a travel kit while leaving my RBA tools at home sounds quite nice. Can't wait to road test this.

What mod are you using to fire this thing up on?
    Dear Antilol,
    Joseph buy a sub ohm battery from our online store,here is his review about our new sub ohm battery:
    viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5373
    Have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire