SkyStar Defect - Loose Tank Connection

Hi I've had my SkyStar for a few months and it's become unusable, the whole top plate containing the 510 threaded insert is so loose that it almost never recognizes when any atomizer is screwed on top. It almost seems like it's about to fall off the mod itself even though I have never dropped it, and have only used a top fill tank so I've probably only unscrewed a tank from the mod may 10-20 times total. I attached some pics to show the issue.

It looks like there are two vertical bolts inside the mod that fasten the top plate to the rest of mod and they are probably just loose. I would love to do some self repair but it appears like the only way to access these internal pieces requires an extremely tiny star/torx head screwdriver which I don't have. I'd probably opt for buying a cheap screwdriver before a new mod though so if anyone has any insight as whether this top plate can be tightened again that'd be much appreciated!

Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unfortunately you will have to wait till they get back from the Chinese New Year and Corona Virus epidemic before anyone from Aspire can directly contact you. You might want to send an email to service@aspirecig.com and maybe someone is monitoring emails there. I am not sure, but as far as I know, they are not being able to return to work yet. Everyone is being told to stay at home. Please do not duplicate the post, one time is enough. You have provided them with more than enough info at this point. Try the service email and see what happens.
    evdev
  • Thanks for the info! Didn't even realize all their ops were in China that certainly tapers my support expectations...
  • evdev said:

Thanks for the info! Didn't even realize all their ops were in China that certainly tapers my support expectations...

At this time it's a waiting game as China needs to get back to some sort of normalcy. I believe that it will take a while .
  • Ring on top remove is clip
    After is tork 5
  • If you have any question refer to Aspire products, please feel free to contact aspire service department
    service@aspirecig.com

© 2017 Powered by Aspire