Dry hit/burnt flavor

Hey guys. I have the aspire cleito with a battlestar mod and my first coil in this tank was great. No issues with it what so ever but as soon as I installed the second one I’ve been getting dry hits kinda burnt taste but not really, almost more like cotton taste. They are the cleito 120 coils I run them around 100-110w. I’ve properly primed them before installing and everything but I’ve now gone through 3 coils in 3 days but each one of them gives this nasty taste. I’ve even tried different juices in the with different ratios and such. I’m really just at a loss right now and it’s ruining my experience.
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you have the regular Cleito Tank , you must use the regular Cleito coils. The Cleito 120 coils are meant for the Cleito 120 tank ONLY!
  • If you have the regular Cleito Tank , you must use the regular Cleito coils. The Cleito 120 coils are meant for the Cleito 120 tank ONLY!

Well maybe I have the cleito 120 tank. It came with a cleito 120 coil so I would honestly assume it is
  • @charlzrocks just verified, it is the cleito 120 pro tank. But the issue is still ongoing
  • patty1285 said:

If you have the regular Cleito Tank , you must use the regular Cleito coils. The Cleito 120 coils are meant for the Cleito 120 tank ONLY!

Well maybe I have the cleito 120 tank. It came with a cleito 120 coil so I would honestly assume it is
    You hadn't mentioned that in your original post.
  • @charlzrocks my apologies then. I didn’t realize there were different models of the cleito.
  • Ok, @patty1285 there are two different types of Cleito 120 coils . . . the 0.16Ω regular coil rated at 100-120 watts and the 0.15Ω Mesh coil rated at 60-75 watts. Check your coil type to make sure that you aren't running the mesh coil at 100+ watts! Other than that I would make sure that the coils you have purchased are genuine Aspire coils and not fakes. Most of the fakes out there will have a bad taste due to them using substandard cotton as well as not cleaning the machine oil from the coil during manufacturing. To know if the coils are genuine, check the scratch off on the side of the box . . . check this thread on how to do that https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27688/check-your-aspire-scratch-off-code-for-authenticity/p1
  • @charlzrocks thank you for this! I verified it is in fact the 0.16Ω coil for 100-120w. I have entered the code and double even triple checked it. Entered both with out without spaces and all results came back and an invalid code. So unless I’m typing something in wrong as part of the code is literally cut off the sticker, I think this might be the culprit! Which is a shame because I really like the shop that I had bought these from but if this is the case then I’ll have to find somewhere else when I get back. I really appreciate your help thus far with helping me figure this out!
  • patty1285 said:

@charlzrocks thank you for this! I verified it is in fact the 0.16Ω coil for 100-120w. I have entered the code and double even triple checked it. Entered both with out without spaces and all results came back and an invalid code. So unless I’m typing something in wrong as part of the code is literally cut off the sticker, I think this might be the culprit! Which is a shame because I really like the shop that I had bought these from but if this is the case then I’ll have to find somewhere else when I get back. I really appreciate your help thus far with helping me figure this out!

Glad you found the problem, there are many fakes out there, ya gotta watch out or ya get ripped off, even from local retailers!

© 2017 Powered by Aspire