Dynamo battery door pops open all the time!

I Purchased my Dynamo 220W Kit on December 10, 2018. I received it on the 14th of December. I purchased four INR 21700-40T batteries for it, so I always have two charged batteries ready for it. That is one of the features I really like about the Dynamo. The 21700s last a lot longer. The problem is the battery door pops open, all the time, and drops the batteries out on the ground. It has been doing this since I started using it. The first time or couple times it happened, I thought maybe I hadn’t closed it correctly, but it isn’t exactly rocket science. Put the cells in and slide the door shut. It’s damaged three of the INR 21700-40T batteries and now it’s not just annoying its expensive and potentially dangerous.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I really like my Dynamo very much, other than that. The Nepho tank is awesome too. I think that Aspire could make some improvements on the Dynamo but I’m confident that they will. For instance, it would be nice if the fire screen stayed lit long enough to read it. It must be fired without hitting it to see the display. All things considered I really like my Dynamo a lot. I think we have all come to expect the best from Aspire and guys you could have done a better job with the Dynamo. I hope there are some cool updates ahead! I’m going to exchange it and I hope I just have a rare issue.
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks Tina!
    It' still in warranty until the 27th.
    Tina
  • As a Dynamo owner and daily user, yes the battery door really needs to be addressed. My solution is this:

After inserting my batteries,I turn the entire unit upside down and grab the battery door and pull slightly on it all the way to the almost aligned position and push down on the door and listen for the distinct double click.

Fortunately I have huge hands and this device allows me to use my small pinkie finger under the device to make sure the door doesn't decide to randomly eject my batteries.

The device needs a deeper slot to slide the battery door into. It's just to short and I'm ready to tape it shut if necessary if the small slots eventually fail.

It's a well known issue with Aspire. It's all over the internet and on video reviews on YouTube. It'd be better to just dump the hinge and have a larger slide on door than to have what I have seen numerous times just pop open with careful use.
    DRJohnson61
  • I was doing that too! It still pops open. It's really a nice mod otherwise. Oh , and I tried 18650 batteries but it didn't help, I think it was worse. I don't think the 18650's put enough pressure on the door. The adaptor, however, kept the cells from falling out.
  • @DRJohnson61 Please give the detailed information to Aspire service department
    service@aspirecig.com

Aspire service will check with Aspire engineer and reply you
  • I was doing that too! It still pops open. It's really a nice mod otherwise. Oh , and I tried 18650 batteries but it didn't help, I think it was worse. I don't think the 18650's put enough pressure on the door. The adaptor, however, kept the cells from falling out.

I use the 18650's only and if I don't set it down softly, or if it comes down on a single corner first....Pop !

The slots the door locks into don't hold very well. I was asking Tina about other batteries a few days ago, I was hoping 20700 & 21700's would be better.

Not a game ender.

• Well Aspire replaced my Dynamo and the battery door seems to "click" shut better, hopefully it's not just because it's new. I don't know why Aspire designed the door closure like Well Aspire replaced my Dynamo and the battery door seems to "click" shut better, hopefully it's not just because it's new. I don't know why Aspire designed the door closure like it was a complete afterthought. The Dynamo uses the largest battery cells out there, for vaping, and the batteries fall out. A sliding lock would fix it. Didn't anyone in design engineering use one of these before you released it to the public? You know like Prototype versions?
    I think they fumbled on this play. They should fix the issue and then repair the ones sold. The dreaded Recall! My other Aspire Mods are great, well designed Mods. Even the little Zelos I have works well and if you were to throw my NX100 at a wall I don’t think the battery would come out. The dreaded Recall! I would at least hope for some cool firmware upgrades coming, because it could be improved there too.
    We'll see how long before the door starts popping open again, maybe it won't?
© 2017 Powered by Aspire