For Beginners: Choosing the right nicotine level for vaping your Aspire devices

Aspire has been the trendsetter in vaping. I have been in vaping for seven years now and I have seen a lot! A lot of people throw around the word game changer, but I can tell you for sure that Aspire is an actual game changer. The first time was when they made bottom vertical coils (BVC) and the Nautilus vape tank. The Nautilus was then and is now just an incredible vapor product. It introduced airflow control and the BVC coils brought a vapor and flavor that really took the industry by storm. I have had the same Aspire Nautilus tank for five year. It still works and I still use it when MTL vaping.

The next game changer was the Aspire Atlantis. Honestly, the Atlantis was the first sub ohm vape tank that literally changed vaping overnight. Prior to the Atlantis, sub ohm vaping required people to build their own sub ohm coils and manually drip e-liquid onto it when vaping. The Atlantis made sub ohm vaping easy. Ever since then Aspire has been bringing new and better products to vaping.

I bring up the Atlantis and the Nautilus for another reason. The Nautilus is a standard vape device meaning that it uses atomizers with resistance levels over 1.0 ohms. The Atlantis is a sub ohm device meaning that it uses atomizers below 1.0 ohms.

• Standard vaping is using a device with an atomizer above 1.0 ohms. This is also called MTL vaping. That means "mouth to lung", which is drawing the vapor into the mouth and then inhaling. Much like smoking.
  • Sub ohm vaping is using a device with an atomizer under 1.0 ohms. This is also called DL vaping, or direct lung. Direct lung vaping is drawing the vapor directly into the lungs.
Aspire makes all kinds of devices for both DL and MTL vaping. The new Nautilus AIO (all in one) is an MTL device. The new Clieto tank is one of the best sub ohm vape tanks, period. The new Zelos kit can be used for both styles of vaping! It just depends on which atomizer coils you are using. That's where we begin trying to figure out
How to choose the right nicotine level for vaping. The first thing you need to do is look at the atomizer resistance of your coils.

• Using a device with an atomizer coil below 1.0 ohms requires an e-liquid that is 70% or more VG.
  • Using a device with an atomizer above 1.0 ohms requires a vape juice with at least 50% PG. A 50/50 is best for Aspire MTL devices.
In a nutshell, VG is a liquid that produces a lot of vapor, and a milder vapor. PG does not produce as much vapor, but it is dense and flavorful.

The most common nicotine levels for VG e-liquids are:

• 0 mg of nicotine
  • 3 mg of nicotine
  • 6 mg of nicotine
Because sub ohm vaping produces so much vapor, not a lot of nicotine is required. Picking the right nicotine level depends on your current tobacco habit. If you are a heavier user, then the 6 mg level would probably best suit you. If you are a light to moderate tobacco user, then the 3 mg will probably do the trick.

MTL vaping with PG e-liquids does not produce as much vapor as sub ohm, but it is a dense vapor with lots of flavor. Because there is not as much vapor, the nicotine levels are higher. The nicotine levels for PG e-liquids are:

• 0 mg - zero nicotine
  • 6 mg - mild nicotine hit
  • 12 mg - moderate nicotine
  • 18 mg - strong nicotine
  • 24 mg - a bold nicotine hit
Choosing the nic level for MTL vaping might take some trial and error. Based on the options listed above and knowing your current nicotine habit, you can make a good estimation of where to start. If you use tobacco every day, 12 or 18 mg would be the place to start. If that doesn't satisfy, then try 24 mg.

Some pod vapes like the Aspire Breeze work great with salt nicotine e-liquid. Salt juice is usually a 50/50 VG/PG ratio and the nicotine levels are much higher. Salt juice nic levels can be 25 mg, 35 mg, or even as high as 50 mg. Salt nicotine is not as harsh as regular nicotine so it is easy to inhale more of it. If using a salt nic, I suggest starting at 25 mg and then go higher if you feel it is not strong enough.

That's all I got! It is hard to be exact and you may have to try a couple of different nicotine levels to find the one that is just right.
charlzrocks
Comments
© 2017 Powered by Aspire