Nautilus AIO - Spitback / Gurgling Issues

Hey Everyone,

I recently got my Nautilus AIO and I was pretty happy with it. To be honest, I am still pretty happy with it. However, I do seem to notice quite an annoying issue with gurgling / spitback. It spits all the time. I don't really know why. I have a theory that it spits after I'm charging, or after I chain vape on it for a while. All I know is it is a terrible feeling to get hot nic salt splattered against the back of your throat.

Anyone else had spitback issues with the Nautilus AIO? Any solutions?

I'm going to make note of this theory and I will start charging it with the pod removed, and I will avoid hitting it too many times in a row. I'll update if this helps the issue.

P.S. I also kind of think it may be to do with the fact that the coil is RIGHT there, screwed into the chimney. Perhaps the breeze won't have this problem since it has the whole chimney unit? I am thinking that the breeze 2 might have the same issue, since it's coil is situated similarly to the Nautilus AIO.
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The battery charging (with or without the POD attached) is not the issue. If you are chain vaping you are pulling in too much of the juice into the coil before it can be vaporized. Also, are you using the Salt Nic coil that came with the unit or the other coil?
    They are both 1.8 ohm but the Salt Nic coil (green o-rings) has slightly smaller juice ports to keep the unit from flooding with thinner Salt Nic liquids. The regular coil can be used with Salt Nic but will possibly facilitate the coil flooding, especially when chain vaping. The Nautilus AIO is a mouth-to-lung unit not a direct-to-lung unit. I have both the Nautilus AIO as well as the Breeze 2 and have never had spitback from either, then again, I am not vaping with Salt Nic juice.
  • Hi,
    I'm a newbie to vaping. Finally kicked the button and I'm off smoking for a month ! Nautilus AIO is the first device I purchased after going over all the positive reviews. However, after a few days I was frustrated by the spitback and gurgling issues.
    Tried everything from cleaning my pod (tank), q tip insertion in mouth piece to soak the excessive nic salt, turning the kit upside down while not using, blowing from the mouth piece after removing the pod tank while inverted and wiping off the excess juice from the airflow hole..... Oh boy nothing worked well. I was even considering getting another MTL device. But none of the professional reviewers had this problem ! Why ? What did they do or know that I didn't ...... Tried searching all over the net but was in the dark.

Just last week I noticed something peculiar. The reviewers had a different MTL draw technique and when I imitated them WOW the gurgling and spitback vanished ! Couldn't believe it !!! Let me explain, earlier my device was in the centre of my mouth while drawing MTL. Now I place it at the side of my mouth and draw.... No spitback or gurgling. Also I keep my device turned upside down while not in use. Try it. It worked like magic for me.
    Maybe it's the design of the pod tank and the airflow dynamics ... couldn't figure why it works. Let me know if it works for you.
    charlzrocks
  • If you are using saltnic juice I highly recommend using the Nautilus AIO salt nic coil. Also you may get gurgling and spitback if you have the airflow adjusted incorrectly for your draw. Try closing it down a bit or open a bit more to suit your draw. Remember that the Nautilus AIO is a MTL device and the coils are designed for a lower amount of airflow as such. I only get gurgling when the coil is about to go bad on me, I use regular juice 50/50 blend and after 2 weeks or so this happens. But whatever works for ya!
  • Same issue here, tried many tricks as well but the gurgling still persists. And after i've read the tricks given from the guys here, i tried this. Always put the tank/whole device upside down whenever you're not vaping. Same goes to it when inside the pocket. So far it does the trick very well but, remember to wipe the condensed vapors on the mouthpiece before the first puff every time, or the whole combined vapors is gonna go into your mouth and that will be nasty
  • I was wrong, the gurgling and spitback issue came back after a while. Had enough, going for Orion DNA now.
  • I had the same issue, but I noticed it was right after I filled the pod. What cured it for me was plugging the mouthpiece with a napkin before I turned it over to fill. There's a small hole inside of the mouthpiece where fluid was leaking while filling, then running back down the tube into the coil when turned righside up after filling.
    charlzrocks
  • Hello Friend
    If you cannot get the suggestion here, please feel free to send the detailed information to Aspire service
    service@aspirecig.com

They will seek for suggestion from Aspire engineer

Best Regards
    Aspire Team
This discussion has been closed.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire