Left battery always faster/more empty then right at SkyStar

Hi,

after 2 weeks of usage now of my fantastic SkyStar (and successful fw update to v2) I found out the the left battery icon on the screen always starts to become faster/more empty then the right one. Is that normal?

Cheers,

iFranky
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • FWIW it is my experience that this is normal for serial wired mods. Remember this is the same as stacked batteries in a tube mod. One battery drops faster than the other and will fall below min voltage before the other one. This happens on all my serial wired dual battery mods, not just the Aspire. It is good practice to rotate the battery position after each charge cycle so that the batteries wear down evenly over their lifetime. I put a piece of tape around one battery in a matched pair so it's easier to swap the positions after charging.
    charlzrocks
  • iFranky said:

Hi,

after 2 weeks of usage now of my fantastic SkyStar (and successful fw update to v2) I found out the the left battery icon on the screen always starts to become faster/more empty then the right one. Is that normal?

Cheers,

iFranky

I get the same thing Frankie, I assume it's normal. Maybe the mod takes the power for the screen from only one of the batteries or maybe it's just the natural way batteries drain when they are in that configuration. Mine is only ever a few % different but depending on how they have set up at what percentage the white bar loses a 'pip' at just so happens to coincide with the few percentage difference?

TL;DR - It's totally normal.
  • Hi @Tiber thx for your prompt response. That reassures me. I can confirm exactly the identical behaviour.

Well, it's not perfect and maybe should updated in the next firmware update but it's more a "cosmetic issue" than a real showstopper.

Cheers,

iFranky
  • iFranky said:

Hi @Tiber thx for your prompt response. That reassures me. I can confirm exactly the identical behaviour.

Well, it's not perfect and maybe should updated in the next firmware update but it's more a "cosmetic issue" than a real showstopper.

Cheers,

iFranky

Yeah, I just checked and mine does the same thing. I suppose that it's normal. I never much thought about it till now.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire