FW v2 update problems for SkyStar

2»
Comments
  • @charlzrocks Can you not understand my frustrations? I'm just some guy on the internet and I figured out the issue in 5 minutes of originally downloading the update.

I then post on here with clear instructions to replicate the issue and what the problem is.

Only to get a cookie cutter reply to get in touch with service. This is after someone posts in this thread saying they already have and got a cookie cutter reply about making sure you run the program first etc.

You guys are a massive, if not the biggest player in vape hardware and I get told to do the leg work (which previously stated leads to cookie cutter replies from service) for an issue you have 100% of the information about to fix.

It is as simple as someone internally taking their .bin file (that was stated in ifranky's post that service tested as working) and re-uploading it to the website.

I don't get how this is a week long thread.

• Tiber said:

@charlzrocks Can you not understand my frustrations? I'm just some guy on the internet and I figured out the issue in 5 minutes of originally downloading the update.

I then post on here with clear instructions to replicate the issue and what the problem is.

Only to get a cookie cutter reply to get in touch with service. This is after someone posts in this thread saying they already have and got a cookie cutter reply about making sure you run the program first etc.

You guys are a massive, if not the biggest player in vape hardware and I get told to do the leg work (which previously stated leads to cookie cutter replies from service) for an issue you have 100% of the information about to fix.

It is as simple as someone internally taking their .bin file (that was stated in ifranky's post that service tested as working) and re-uploading it to the website.

I don't get how this is a week long thread.

I understand your frustration, I really do! I am however, a moderator for the forum. I do not work for Aspire. I just check the posts and make mention of some solutions if I am privvy to them. I make sure that the rules are followed to the best of my ability. If there is no response to a thread there is not much I am able to do other than to bring it to the attention of @Tina for her perusal. In the case of this thread, I have nothing to do with the website or the downloads presented their in. You must remember that the company is located in China and there is a 14 hour (I think) time difference from the US (depending where you are located) and it will take time for them to address the problem at hand. There, things are done to the best of the ability of the Aspire staff who are dealing with them. I am sure that they try to keep up with the constant barrage of info requests, and when it becomes technical (like the firmware problem) sometimes it takes a bit of time to get the right people to start to sort these things out. I can only say that Aspire will continue to work this problem to it's solution the the best of their ability and keep you all in the loop as solutions become available. I know this sounds like a steaming heap of, well , you know..! But for what it's worth, the Aspire team is working on it and they are not ignoring their customers. They value the input of every customer they have! Cheers!

• Any news here? After posting clear instructions to replicate the issue and what the problem is Aspire now had time to correct the corrupted files. Is there any WORKING update now for us customers?

I don't get how this is a week long thread either :-( Especially why Aspire don't give proactive status updates :-(
  • Hey @Tina sounds fantastic! Please be so kind and let us/me about MAC.
  • I just tried it and it worked fine. Thanks Tina for assisting.
  • See, good things do come to those who wait! Thank you @Tina !
  • edited August 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    PT1971 said:

I just tried it and it worked fine. Thanks Tina for assisting.

Tried the PC version?

If the MAC Installer works fine, could I use the fw .bin file from the PC version?

• @iFranky Yes it was the PC version I tried. One would think the bin file would be the same for both MAC and PC as this is what is going into the mod, however no guarantees.
  • I just saw "Not support Mac os high sierra 10.13" so it won't help me to take the .bin file from PC version :-(
  • updated fine.

For some reason though i still had to use the .exe in the program folder and not the launcher. Not that it really matters, just happy it's sorted.

Thank you Tina and charlzrocks, i appreciate your time.
  • It does upgrade now, thank you for the file!
  • Tiber said:

updated fine.

For some reason though i still had to use the .exe in the program folder and not the launcher. Not that it really matters, just happy it's sorted.

Thank you Tina and charlzrocks, i appreciate your time.

All thanks should go to @Tina as she has been the person getting things done in China!
  • I am using a Windows 10 PC and the firmware update software does not recognize the Aspire mod. The application is displaying blank for the device name, firmware version and the hardware version.
    I don't have access to an older OS to verify if this is a driver issue
    Thanks for the help
  • Glad to hear you solved the problem! Also thanks for the link, as it will help other Win 10 users that may have the same problem and can find this thread! \m/
  • @desTROYer Yes,we fixed a bug and updated the file for SkyStar mod last week, glad to hear that you solved the problem.
  • Hi Tina, maybe I missed something. You write "...fixed a bug and updated the file for SkyStar mod last week..." I just checked https://www.aspirecig.com/upgrade/SkyStar/514.html and cannot find any Firmware V03 :-/
  • @iFranky At present, there is no firmware V03, only firmware V02 and V01
    We fixed the bug in firmware V02 and V01 and updated the file for the SkyStar firmware V02 and V01
  • Hi @Tina Just for no missunderstandings: if there is a bug fix in a version (however if 1 or 2) it normally generates a new version. If you call it 1.1 or 2.1 however, but it is a new version.

What does that mean exactly, now? Do we need to update our already done firmware V02 again or is it obsolete?

Thax for clearing
  • @iFranky For the firmware file,there is no problem, there is a bug for the tool for updating, some users pm us that they can not update their skystar mod, aspire engineer check the file and fond that there is a bug in the update tool for incompatibility problem. So we updated the zip file, if you can updated the firmware correctly, you don't need to update the firmware again, as there is no new function added
  • It is Oct 4 and I am having an issue updating one of two SkyStars. The first one updated fine, it was not detected at first but I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was detected and worked. Tried to update the second one and it is not detected. I also tried as instructed above by others to runt he file here:
    C:\Program Files\STWProduct_egt\Release\STWANDDKY_USBUpdate_exe\OutExe_stwDky
    That did not work either. I just downloaded the update files today. Thanks.
  • @bedgar Did the updated file works for you? Did you try it again?
    What's more, before installing the new update tool to your PC, please first uninstall the old one

• Is it necessary to plug in with battery out and them replace battery to get the computer to detect the mod?
  • @Chuck333
    Chuck333 said:

Is it necessary to plug in with battery out and them replace battery to get the computer to detect the mod?

No. That's not working either. My computer isn't recognizing my mod.
  • Chuck333 said:

@Chuck333

Chuck333 said:

Is it necessary to plug in with battery out and them replace battery to get the computer to detect the mod?

No. That's not working either. My computer isn't recognizing my mod.
    The Dynamo mod upgrade is only for a spelling error. It is NOT the same as the SkyStar mod upgrade. See here for details on how to upgrade the Dynamo if yours is in the batch with the spelling error: https://www.aspirecig.com/upgrade/dynamo/541.html
    If there is no spelling error, there is NO further upgrade for the Dynamo at this time!
  • @Chuck333 Please plug the mod to the PC with the batteries in, and while updating, please don't take out the batteries

What's more, please use the original charger comes with the mod to update the mod

At last, please make sure you use the update tool included in zip file, and if you use windows system, please follow the instruction and first register the update tool file “aspire update” into your pc, then follow the steps 3-8 on this page to update the firmware of your SkyStar mod. https://blog.aspirecig.com/how-to-update-the-firmware-of-aspire-mods/
© 2017 Powered by Aspire