I like my Skystar Revvo kit, but...

I have to wipe the outside of the tank regularly throughout the day because it "sweats" e-liquid from the seam just above the glass; it sometimes leaks considerable amounts of liquid from the air intakes and when, periodically, I unscrew the tank from the mod there's a pool of liquid on top of the 510 that appears to be leakage from the bottom of the tank (image attached). After I wipe the top of the mod I can push on the 510 and more liquid oozes out from the seam between the 510 and the body of the mod.

The tank is screwed together properly and the o-rings are present and in good condition so there's no obvious reason why the tank would be leaking so much. Anyone else have issues like this with their Skystar rig?
charlzrocks
SkystarRevvoLeak.jpg
4160 x 2340 - 2M
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yeah, I've been over it with the exploded diagram like you posted here, and I've checked for o-rings and made sure everything lines up and screws together nicely and straight. The glass has no visible damage.

I take it that, since you didn't mention leaking, you have not had any episodes of leaking with your tank?
    charlzrocks
  • hello friend,for service,please feel free to contact service@aspirecig.com
    charlzrocks
  • hatjr said:

I have to wipe the outside of the tank regularly throughout the day because it "sweats" e-liquid from the seam just above the glass; it sometimes leaks considerable amounts of liquid from the air intakes and when, periodically, I unscrew the tank from the mod there's a pool of liquid on top of the 510 that appears to be leakage from the bottom of the tank (image attached). After I wipe the top of the mod I can push on the 510 and more liquid oozes out from the seam between the 510 and the body of the mod.

The tank is screwed together properly and the o-rings are present and in good condition so there's no obvious reason why the tank would be leaking so much. Anyone else have issues like this with their Skystar rig?

I suggest looking very closely at the seal at the base of the tank where the glass meets the tank base and the seal at the top where the glass meets the upper portion (containing the air intakes). The kit comes with extra o rings, you might want to change the one that sits below the threads on the area just below the coil. That is the seal between the top chamber and the base hardware portion of the tank. Also, you may have cracked or deformed glass. You can change the glass out with the spare that comes in the kit. First off make sure that the coil is correctly seated flat and not off on an angle. Make sure that the coil hold down screw (tulip shaped) is seated tightly against the coil. I must stress to make sure that there is no cross threading of any of the components as seen in the attached photo from the Aspire site. You could have cross threaded between the glass retaining ring and the base hardware. Any cross threaded component will be likely to leak.image
    5.jpg
    1415 x 776 - 244K
    5.jpg 244.1K
  • hatjr said:

Yeah, I've been over it with the exploded diagram like you posted here, and I've checked for o-rings and made sure everything lines up and screws together nicely and straight. The glass has no visible damage.

I take it that, since you didn't mention leaking, you have not had any episodes of leaking with your tank?

No leaking here whatsoever!
  • Well, I took Tina's advice and contacted Aspire support, described the issue and provided documentation of the sale and the problem and support recommended I contact the retailer for an exchange of defective product. So I have filed an RMA report with the seller (VapeNW), and I'll wait to see how they respond.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire