Pictures and reviews for Aspire Speeder 200W kit

2»
Comments
  • @charlzrocks hello Charles, thank you for the great review
    here are some information for all viewers:
    First, we can take off the airflow ring to clean the airflow holes
    Second, Please don't take off the connector pin on the bottom of coils, you have a chance to damage the coil
    Third, Press the fire button and "+" button for 0.5s to enter modes selection, after entering modes selection, you can use "+" or "-" buttons to select between wattage, voltage, bypass, CPS, TC mode
    Click fire button to confirm your selection.
    Four, how to enter or exit the customizable power setting?
    First confirm and enter C1 or C2 or C3 mode, then Under C1 or C2 or C3 mode, press "+" and "-" buttons at the same time to enter customizable power setting, you just need to click the"+" and "-" buttons at the same time for one time,no long time press

• I see that PBusardo is vaping on the Aspire Speeder today ... I'm hoping for his review soon ...
  • edited August 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Here it is, PBusardo's review !

• Very concise review from Phil! I just wish he didn't fixate on the fire button! But I LOVE the out take at the end!

:))
  • Here's another review, from "DJLsb Vapes" ... very interesting when he takes the box apart ...

• Dear who can Help!
    what are the best settings to be set, I heard using it on Temperature control mode is the best is that correct? and what is the best temperature for a normal average use. Thanks
    @I.M No TC on the Athos possible (yet ?) as it does not work on kanthal coils ... so what ato and resistance would you like to use ?
  • @I.M I thought that you saw the reviews.They used other tanks with TC coils on Speeder mod
    At present ,we don't make TC coils for Athos tank
  • Review from Vapor Trail Channel for Aspire Speeder kit

• Hey guys,

Trying the Aspire Speeder for the first time and finding it very hard to not cough! We've been using the A5 coil at the recommended wattage (lowest point) and still finding it harsh. Also not getting a lot of 'puff smoke'.

Any tips? Is it a technique thing or should we adjust some other settings?
  • @Josieeeee

First off, what nicotine content are you vaping? If you are vaping direct to lung style then the highest nic level should not be over 6mg for most vapers. I myself vape direct to lung at 3mg nicotine as you get so much more vapor and therefor more nicotine.
  • I will mainly criticize, because criticism is most constructive. I hope in the next firmware you will fix the main problems.

In general, the device is very good, convenient and pleasant. Works great. TC works stably and reliably.

Firstly, a complete USB cable can not provide current charging above 1.4A

The horizontal orientation of the screen with the vertical orientation of the +/- buttons causes great discomfort. For example, if the device is convenient for me, the button + is on the left.

By software:
    - There is no display of the current, real resistance "on the fly." There is no adjustment and re-reading of the resistance, which is important for the TC mode.
    - Prehit is absent. CPS does not replace it.
    - CPS can not be used. Forget the absolute power. Set the curve in percent. Interest is also more suitable for prehita. The CPS must specify the total shape of the heating curve, and not the absolute values ​​at 10 points. It does not even scale to the specified power.
    - Exiting the power settings in the TC when pressing +/- is not stable. Make an exit, for example, long press Fire.
    - Changing the cutoff for Fire ... Are you serious? 10 seconds to click on Fire in order to configure it?
  • @JAW I've been reading your comments with attention and one thing is obvious, you seem to forget that this is a middle range device, there is no high-end chipset as a DNA or Yihi in it. So please Aspire, keep it that way, with a price tag under the 60$.
    JAW said:

Firstly, a complete USB cable can not provide current charging above 1.4A

Have you tried with a 2A wall adaptor ?
    On one of the videos above, Daniel from DJLsb Vapes has measured the charging at up to 1.87A (25:29).
    JAW said:

The horizontal orientation of the screen with the vertical orientation of the +/- buttons causes great discomfort. For example, if the device is convenient for me, the button + is on the left.

Suits me fine, the button nearest to the screen is the "+" button, whatever the orientation.
    JAW said:

In general, the device is very good, convenient and pleasant. Works great. TC works stably and reliably.

JAW said:

- There is no display of the current, real resistance "on the fly." There is no adjustment and re-reading of the resistance, which is important for the TC mode.

But you say "the TC works stably and reliably" ?
    JAW said:

- Prehit is absent. CPS does not replace it.
    - CPS can not be used. Forget the absolute power. Set the curve in percent. Interest is also more suitable for prehita. The CPS must specify the total shape of the heating curve, and not the absolute values ​​at 10 points. It does not even scale to the specified power.

Here too, the standard chipset does its job by giving a power boost when the user requires it, most people will already be happy with that.
    JAW said:

- Exiting the power settings in the TC when pressing +/- is not stable. Make an exit, for example, long press Fire.

I admit I had some problems using that sequence too and that a 3 seconds fire to exit would be better.
    But I found meanwhile that a push on the "-", then on the "+", followed by the required "+" and "-" makes the device more reactive to the sequence.
    JAW said:

- Changing the cutoff for Fire ... Are you serious? 10 seconds to click on Fire in order to configure it?

Now, this is not the setting you change every day, do you ?
    Put the device at 1 Watt before doing that, you won't damage anything.

So, this Speeder mod from Aspire is in my opinion already fine, not sure the improvements you suggest will be meaningfull to the average user it is targeted for; but ... why not ... ?

And fyi, I do not work for Aspire, I'm just a fan :)
    But I'm sure they will take your suggestions into account, as they often do ;)
  • @Cegoca
    I understand that this is not DNA, but most of the offers are implemented in software, see, for example, ArcticFox firmware for Joytech / Wismec / Eleaf. But I do not ask for all the functions implemented in the ArcticFox, it's really redundant for a simple user.

In addition, I did not notice that hardware worked worse than Yihi, or DNA.
    Cegoca said:

Have you tried with a 2A wall adaptor ?

Yes. I fixed the charging current 2A using a thick USB cable and on the same adapter tried to use a complete USB wire.
    Cegoca said:

But you say "the TC works stably and reliably" ?

Stability and lack of some opportunities, these are different things.
    Adjustment of the read resistance will allow to establish a real fixed resistance for the thermal control mode without waiting for the spiral to cool down to 20 ° С. In some devices, this is implemented.

Showing real resistance "on the fly" will allow you to control the resistance when winding the spiral, it changes when burning. Now it is impossible to do this.
    Cegoca said:

Here too, the standard chipset does its job by giving a power boost when the user requires it, most people will already be happy with that.

Do not confuse the capabilities of the chipset and the capabilities of the firmware.
    The chipset allows everything.

In the ArcticFox firmware, the prehit is implemented both in power mode and in percentage mode. This does not cause any difficulties in terms of implementation.

The heating curve is also not tied to a specific power. It defines, for example. That the first 0.5 seconds the power rises to 120%, then 110%, then 100%, 95%, 80% ... 85%, 90%, 100%

This allows you to set the power and shape of the curve without adjusting it every time you change the power.

The question is not whether for a novice device, or not for a beginner. Invented a lot of interesting and correct things, I would like to see developers take the best emerging ideas in terms of functionality.

I would highly recommend them to learn Russian custom firmware, ArcticFox for Joytech and the like, Vortex for Sigelei Fuchai.
    There are a lot of good things in them that do not require significant complications.

To explore the possibilities, you do not need the devices themselves, just look at the PC program to see what can be done.

In general, the device is very good, but there are some nedodumki and roughness, which would be good to improve.
  • Here are the illustrations of the implementation of Preheat and the heating curve, it is clear that this should be done in the firmware, and not the external program.

2017-08-26_023546.jpg
    789 x 434 - 89K
    2017-08-26_023851.jpg
    421 x 601 - 76K
  • I don't understand all of the technology-speak and bruhaha surrounding these last posts. When I was smoking, nobody made suggestions to RJ Reynolds because they couldn't pre-heat their cigarette and show what temperature it's burning at....but, 'eh....whatever blows your skirt up! :D
    @JAW I think I got your point here about the heating curve beeing relative (in %).
    But not about the TC part (I rarely use TC anyway) ... so nevermind that one ...
    But how can you be so sure the Speeders chipset can manage all these extra features ?

I remember having upgraded my Cuboid and Reuleaux S a few months ago, just for the clock, I admit, but it was not Arcticfox but another custom firmware I do not recall by now.
    And now, if I got it well, is Arcticfox capable of havings its settings modified via a PC (similar to Escribre with the DNA chipsets ?). I should try this asap on those two boxes of mine then.

One thing still, those custom firmwares have never been officialized by the brands themselves or have they ?

So, in fact, you ask Aspire here to implement some "Arcticfox-like" features in their Speeder mod firmware to make it more customizable for those who want to, and you think or you are sure it can be done with the Speeder's chipset !?

• Cegoca said:

@charlzrocks I believe that is what they call "progress" :D

True @Cegoca! :-bd
  • Probably because I know how the board works.
    It consists of an ARM-based controller with a number of DAC and ADC converters, through which it reads the voltage, indirectly determining the resistance and power, and controls the power section. Nothing magical.

If you decompile the firmware, then applying some effort to reverse engineering on the device, you can implement 100% functionality and ArcticFox, or Vortex.
    The problem is that it will not be very user-friendly. Many settings and you need to look for a compromise.

In addition, the heating curves of the helix built on percentages are realized both in Vaporesso, Smoant, Voopo and, similarly, at Tesla.

I do not know if the links are correct here, but Arcticfox:
    Https://nfeteam.org/forum/
    http://xvtx.ru/ecig/index.htm
    Https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic
  • So, when will our russian friends be able to come up with a nice custom Speeder firmware ?
    (and, as I see above, it was the myevic fw I upgraded my boxes with).
  • @JAW,thank you for the suggestion, I will pass your suggestion to our products development department
  • I really hope in new firmware minimal resistance will be 0.05 not 0.1 like now. For people, who vape ss316l alien coils it is really important. Like me, usually vape ss316l 26x3 36 0.08ohm. Thank you!
  • edited September 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Received my Aspire Speeder mod last Tuesday. It's my first dual battery mod, and I really like it! It looks great, feels wonderful in the hand and is easy to operate. Paired it with a Wotofo Serpent SMM and I think it's a nice looking combination. Love the feel of the firing bar. Some equipment reviewers have complained that the casing feels slippery, but I haven't had that experience.
  • Speeder mod with Wotofo Serpent SMM tank.
    Speeder sketch.jpg
    399 x 1043 - 120K
  • My vape lock screen changed from English to Chinese. I was replacing the batteries and I gripped it and pushed the buttons somehow and nowthe lock screen is in the different language. Anyone know how to change it back. Any help would be appreciated.
  • edited October 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Keep pushing on the fire button while closing the battery door, it will display "EN" or "CH" ... but I suppose you have find it out yourself by now ;)
© 2017 Powered by Aspire