Aspire Cleito 120 Coil Defect?

I recently purchase two boxes (pack of 5 coils each) of the Aspire Cleito 120 coils. After using the pre-installed coil, I installed the new coil from the new pack. I recently experienced a couple of hits with a very burnt taste. I checked the coil and noticed cotton seeping up through the chimney. I checked my wife's coil and it was doing the same thing. I've never had this happen before, but would explain the bad burnt taste. Could these coils be defective and if so, do I need to return them to Aspire or the vendor I purchased from? I know these are authentic and have purchased Aspire coils through MVS, which again, have never had a problem like this before.

As a temporary fix, I removed the bad cotton with a pair of tweezers and it seems to be fine now, but if anyone has had this happen, please advise.

Thank You
Comments
  • 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @jmorvay

I never heard of the cotton poking up like you mentioned. I suppose there is a first time for everything though. If the coils are genuine (checked the scratch off code) and you are not satisfied, return them to the place of purchase as defective and try another vendor.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire