EXCESSIVE Leaking from Airholes in K4

Hi there! I am new to the game (3 months and 3 months completely cigarette free!!!), but know for sure the K4 is my favorite. The only issue, and it's a very annoying (and costly) one, is that fluid leaks excessively through the air holes at very random times (ie, when not using, when just refilling, when just carrying it in hand, when laying down... you name it, it's happened). But, it could day 2-3 days without leaking, then suddenly BOOM, my hands or shirt or pants or inside of my bag are covered in juice.

I have gone through great measure to ensure that the platform the glass tank sits on is free from any debris (sand, dust) so that the seal is good there. I also don't over prime the cotton. And lastly, I am super careful to not get juice inside the center part when refilling.

The coils I am using are:
HEC556-CLTO-CLS-027 Replacement coils for Aspire Cleito
Resistance: 0.27ohm Clapton 40-55W (Standard with K4)

Please help with any suggestions.
Many thanks!
G
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @gmoney

First off, have you checked the scratch off to make sure that your mod is Genuine Aspire?
    I suggest that you make sure that your coil is tightened well and that it is not missing any o-ring seals. Also, never leave your mod sitting in the car when it's hot out. You need to make sure that the heat won't expand and open those seals!
  • @charlzrocks hey there and thanks for the response!

1. I am not sure where this scratch off area on the mod would actually be? Can you tell me where it is so I can try?
    2. Even with brand new coils being screwed in tightly, leaking still occurs... no seals are missing.
    3. I live in Manhattan... we don't really drive around here ;) but I get your point. Leaking occurs in the freezing A/C, too.
  • gmoney said:

@charlzrocks hey there and thanks for the response!

1. I am not sure where this scratch off area on the mod would actually be? Can you tell me where it is so I can try?
    2. Even with brand new coils being screwed in tightly, leaking still occurs... no seals are missing.
    3. I live in Manhattan... we don't really drive around here ;) but I get your point. Leaking occurs in the freezing A/C, too.

The scratch off is on the package the mod came in

• I cannot believe I just stumbled on my packaging and determined that the product is indeed authentic. Pretty sure Aspire is aware this is a known issue, or they wouldn't be redesigning to put the air holes on top to prevent leaking. Lost another 15ml today. Very annoying and very messy.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire