Plato gurgling

Just received my Plato yesterday. Had been using Aspire Nautilus Mini. Plato makes gurgling sound when draw on mouthpiece. What would cause this. I am using the BVC 1.8 coil. Never encountered gurgling with the Nautilus Mini.
Can anyone help with my question. Thank you.
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Airflow opening ?
    Used PG/VG ratio ? ?
    Wattage or Voltage used ? ? ?
  • @Cegoca

New to this forum. looked for tutorial on how to reply/post etc. couldn't find. Is this correct to "post comment"?

I didn't modify Air flow. Left it as it came from distributor. I believe it is full open. I will try to reduce.

60PG/40VG

I did not set wattage or temperature control. Using Bypass.
  • edited August 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @TNgirl

what should airflow be set ? It was full open. closed half. still gurgling. closed a little more. still gurgling! also, failed to mention in original post that I get e-liquid in my mouth every time.
    The way you vape you are drawing to much, try the Wattage mode and start around 12W, full open airflow.

Or try the 0.4 Ohm resistance, you might be surprised !
  • TNgirl said:

@TNgirl

what should airflow be set ? It was full open. closed half. still gurgling. closed a little more. still gurgling! also, failed to mention in original post that I get e-liquid in my mouth every time.

Take a tissue, twist it up real tight on one corner, remove the Plato drip tip and insert the tissue down the coil airway to absorb the excess liquid, and do this till you have absorbed enough so that it won't gurgle. I have to do this when I get the gurgles. Also set the airflow control so that it is open just slightly....see the photos below. This should help!
    imageimageimage
    t1.JPG
    3000 x 4000 - 2M
    t2.JPG
    3000 x 4000 - 2M
    t3.JPG
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    t1.JPG 2.3M
    t2.JPG 2.3M
    t3.JPG 2.7M
    I love the Plato but i hope it comes in the future a new model with no leak design like the Nautilus X (U-Tech-Coils) or similar.
  • Thank you all for your comments and help. I appreciate you taking the time. I originally removed and re installed the 1.8ohm that came with the plato but gurgling and liquid in mouth continued. I then replaced the preinstalled 1.8ohm with a new one and reduced the airflow some. The gurgling and liquid in mouth stopped. Now the only problem is it leaks liquid from the air flow adjustment during filling and immediately following filling the tank. I did not fill the tank with unit laying on its side. Next fill I will try laying unit on its side and see if it still leaks. Thanks again!
  • @TNgirl

Ok, let us know how it goes! :-bd
© 2017 Powered by Aspire