Aspire Atlantis coils not firing/changing ohms?

Hi, I have an Aspire Atlantis tank with my Pegasus Mini mod. Sometimes when i'm trying to fire my Atlantis, the ohms suddenly drop to 0.00 ohms, not letting it fire. I have changed my coils, and yet this problem still persists. My mod says low resistance every time this happens. I have unscrewed the atomizer from the base numerous times and it still sometimes won't fire. Sometimes when I unscrew the tank from the mod it fires, but only for two to three hits. This problem also used to happen on my Kbox Subox Mini. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Comments
  • 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up1Vote Down
    Push the center pin out of the 510 connection from the coil side. Remove the insulator. Check the insulator to ensure it looks like a hollow tee. Clean both with hot soapy water and rinse. Dry and re-install. Some dirt and dried liquid may be conductive and cause this type of fault, as could a faulty insulator.
    cluuddon
  • Old_Salt said:

Push the center pin out of the 510 connection from the coil side. Remove the insulator. Check the insulator to ensure it looks like a hollow tee. Clean both with hot soapy water and rinse. Dry and re-install. Some dirt and dried liquid may be conductive and cause this type of fault, as could a faulty insulator.

My coil isn't still firing at .50, but rather .47. The low resistance problem seems to be solved for now. Thanks a lot for taking time out of your day and helping me solve this frustrating problem. :)
  • The Aspire coil resistances may vary a bit from what they are advertised as, but only by a little bit and usually they lean towards the lower range (as in your case....not firing at .50, but rather .47) This is nothing to be alarmed about and is quite normal.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire