Triton 2 mini tip removal help

Hi, I just purchased the Odyssey kit which included the Triton 2 mini. I have been using Nautilus and Nautilus mini for a few years now and I am looking forward to this upgrade. I am having a problem which is I want to put a different tip on it. The problem is I can't get the tip to come off the Triton. I read on the net someone else had this problem but I still can't figure it out and I don't want to damage it. Can someone explain to me what I am missing? According to the manual it should come off but I have had no luck.

Thank you all
Comments
  • 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here is a picture for reference. The actual drip tip is very small, and fits very snugly. It took me some time to figure out that it can be removed. If you have a plastic vape tweezers, they work nicely. The trick is to apply pressure only to the drip tip, and not to grip the heat sink on the upper assembly. It definitely takes a lot of effort, but everyone should do this periodically, if only to clean it. Some nasty buildup can occur inside the connection of the tip and upper hardware.

Good luck!

IMG_0099 (2).JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
© 2017 Powered by Aspire