Aspire CF VV+ 1000mAh issue

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my aspire cf vv+ battery. When I try to charge it everything seems fine expect that after the light on the button turns from red to blue, the red light on the charger starts blinking very fast from red to green every 4-5 seconds and the charge seems to never finish even in hours(The light on the battery remains blue and doesn't turn off and the light on the charger keeps blinking from red to green once a few seconds).

The charger that I'm using has these specs:

Input: DC 5V
Output: DC 4.2V 420mA

EDIT: The charger is not its original charger, I had to change it, but I picked one with the same specs.
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Try a computer USB port.
  • Old_Salt said:

Try a computer USB port.

I tried but it does the same thing... And the battery heats a bit after a while, is it normal?
  • The battery will heat up while charging or discharging. There is a small internal resistance that works like a heater.

I think your battery is near the end of its life, as it won't take a full charge. You can replace it with another VV+ if you wish. I'd look at something with replaceable batteries. An Aspire CF VV+ retails for $38USD.

The Aspire Pegasus mini runs at $80USD with the Odyssey mini kit, but includes a Triton mini and two coils worth about $40. You will need to spend another $10 - $20 on high drain batteries such as the Aspire 18650 Battery(20A,2500mAh), Samsung INR 18650-25R or Sony VTC-4 for it. The advantages are that you can replace the battery at much lower cost, have access to VW and TC modes, and can easily carry a fully charged spare. It is also much more stable with its lower center of gravity and larger base than the CF VV+.

There are lots of other options, but the Pegasus mini is highly rated. You'll need a replacement soon, as the battery degeneration gets worse with each charge/discharge cycle.
  • Thanks for the advice, I'll buy a new battery before this one degenerates completely
© 2017 Powered by Aspire