Firmware V04 for Plato is available now

Aspire Plato V04 Firmware Change Log

The Aspire Plato V04 firmware adds Variable Voltage (VV) mode. Wattage mode has been renamed Variable Wattage (VW) mode. VV and VW modes are placed under one option in the menu and allow users to adjust the voltage and wattage output.

In addition to VV and VW modes, the Plato’s third mode is Temperature Control (TC) mode. TC Mode supports NI coils (Triton mini NI200 0.15ohm coil).

Added Features:
- Adds Voltage Mode (Variable Voltage or VV mode)

Removed menu options include:
- Bypass mode was removed as users mainly only used regulated mode.
- TI temperature control mode removed as there are no TI coils for Plato.
- Room Temp removed as the device will automatically read the initial resistance as the base resistance.

Note: When using TC mode please make sure new atomizers have ample time to cool down to room temperature. Otherwise, the temperature reading results may be off and inaccurate.

The same “New Atomizer” prompt will appear when re-connect the existing atomizer or when you connect a totally new atomizer and insert battery. Select “Yes,” if it is a new atomizer. Select “No” if it is the same atomizer and your device will continue using your previous settings.

Aspire Plato firmware only supports Windows at the moment. Window OS supported: WinXP, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10.

Click this link to download the newest firmware:aspirecig.com/upgrade/plato/329.html
Comments
  • 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Update done.
    It's rather long and you have to reinstall your own logo after that, perhaps this last could be changed.
    I already wonder what the next update will involve. :)
    charlzrocks
  • @charlzrocks because there are many data in the firmware,it will takes some time to finish the updating.
    The firmware updating will refresh all the data inside the plato ,so the logo will change back to aspire.
    I have passed this suggestion to our products development department,hope in our next firmware,we can achieve the requirement.
    charlzrocks
  • this update rendered my ni200 coils useless.
  • @Cegoca I think next firmware will be a surprise :D
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @chiefgordoncole I am sorry that I can not understand your problem very well.Would you please explain your problem in details :((
  • Cegoca said:

Update done.
    It's rather long and you have to reinstall your own logo after that, perhaps this last could be changed.
    I already wonder what the next update will involve. :)

I agree that it does take some time for the firmware to upload, however it is a nice additional upgrade and a welcome change to the firmware. Having to re-load the personalized logon screen is not a problem for me, but I wish there was a way on the Aspire-Up firmware interface to select whether you want to change the logon or leave it as it was. @Tina, that is something that you might want to incorporate into the next firmware update!
  • Tina said:

@charlzrocks because there are many data in the firmware,it will takes some time to finish the updating.
    The firmware updating will refresh all the data inside the plato ,so the logo will change back to aspire.
    I have passed this suggestion to our products development department,hope in our next firmware,we can achieve the requirement.

Thanks @Tina !
  • I have downloaded the update and try to install and it keeps crashing and now my Plato is unresponsive.
  • I have a brand new Windows 10 computer and Aspire Up keeps crashing when running the update.
  • Hi,

The temperature control on this firmware does not work. Whatever temperature you set it appears to heat up way too much and the ohm value increases more than the base amount. At 100 degrees celsius it creates huge amounts of vapour when it should not create any. I am concerned as Nickel can produce toxic fumes if over heated, it appears that this firmware could in fact be very dangerous to health if that is occurring.

Regards

J
  • @Statto Check the coil material you have selected. Ti has a flatter temperature curve. Selecting this with a nickel coil would produce the results you have noted. If the material you selected is correct, reload your firmware. That should fix your problem.
  • @Old_Salt The V04 Firmware only has Ni option now, they got rid of the Ti option as part of the firmware change. Not sure how reloading the same firmware will change anything?
  • @Statto I don't have the Plato but it's what I'd try with any of my current MODs. If that doesn't work, do you have the option to revert to a previous version of the firmware? This was something I requested when Aspire asked us what we wanted in future MODs several months ago.
  • @Old_Salt @Tina I cannot find the previous firmware files anywhere on the internet. I agree that Aspire should provide these as other manufacturers do, so that you can revert to a previous version if you do not like their changes. I will try re-flashing the current firmware but will wait until I have finished the juice currently in my Plato as the coil is quite tricky to replace, requiring dismantling of much of the device. Many thanks for your advice on this, it is much appreciated.
  • @Statto here is the link :aspirecig.com/upgrade/plato/330.html
    You can download the firmware V03 for Plato
  • I tried to update my Plato today and the only file I could find that would load into the update software was called YJT_50_20160406_havedata_2_language_V04.bin. Every time I tried to update with this file the software would crash, so I'm think it's not the right file. Can someone help me out?
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Hyperspace
    Aspire Plato firmware only supports Windows at the moment. Window OS supported: WinXP, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10.because there are many data in the firmware,it will takes some time to finish the updating.
    there is a operation instruction inside the file.If the firmware upgrade failed,please repeat steps 3-10
  • The only problem that stops me from buying this, is there is no ability to vape while charging. Could this be implemented in a firmware update?
  • @Tina I'm using Windows 10. I have repeated steps 3-10 several times and the software keeps crashing.
  • @Tina never mind, I finally got it to work. :)
  • @kcirdnehnodaj I will pass your suggestion to our products development department.
  • I hope new firmware updates allow us to goto 55W or for ss tc with possible plato ss coils.
  • @joevapes Thank you for your kind suggestion.I have passed your suggestion to our products development department.
    ;)
© 2017 Powered by Aspire