Nautilus

Hi,
So I have been using the Trition 2 and the Atlantis 0.5 (20 to 30W) coil heads for a long time, they are great for sub ohm vaping.

However I just bought a Vamo V5 as it came recommended with
the Nautilus tank, and coils.This will replace the old EGO type things I have.

So looking at giving the Nautilus a good start in life :) There are so many Aspire coils now, and a search you could end up with a Atlantis coil shown for the Nautilus tank.

So I first need to establish what coils are especially for the Nautilus, I did a search and found 1.6 and 1.8 Nautilus Replacement BDC Coil. So is that it ? no others especially for the Nautilus ? don't want other tank coils.

I realize coil resistance is a preference thing, but what would people recommend? and what would the e liquid need to be for that coil.

I currently use 45% PG 55% VG for the old EGO tanks, so is that a good start for the Nautilus and perhaps a 1.6 ohm coil?

Thanks, please only reply if you have Nautilus information

Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I strongly recommend you stay away from the 1.6 Ohm coil. The 1.8 Ohm performs much better. And the 1.8 Ohm Clapton coil for the Triton Mini is by far the best coil for a Nautilus (I own 3 of them). Having said that, I would also recommend the Triton Mini tank over the Nautilus. The airflow is much more adjustable, and the top fill is fantastic!

I do understand if you want to stick with the Nautilus, since the Vamo is an old school mod, though. :D
  • Thanks !

Well old school it may be, but its a great tube mod, and has some great features. Remember this is going to replace EGO systems that were using an Aspire K1 or a protank 2, so those even older so "Anything" would be an improvement over them.

I wanted a lot more control for MTL I have many tanks, but the Nautilus (Good or bad) was the recommended one. Huh I might throw it away :) I don't know yet..

But to be fair I should use the Nautilus coils, so ok a 1.8 ohm BVC Coil it is then.. it lists them as an upgraded coil larger wicking holes, organic cotton..

So Ill buy 5 of them to try...

Ive noted your comments on the Triton Mini, and the Clapton coil, if the Triton mini is the same size (Blends in) with the vamo it wont hurt to try that too :0

Im reading only Aspire forum replies :) no longer visiting many examples.. found this;

"For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,use it with voltage adjustable battery,never use our 1.8 ohm coils with high-power wattage adjustable Mod,if once customer to use our coils with wattage exceed 11W Conscious or non conscious.the structure will be damaged,despite how low wattage customer used later,the burn taste will never solved."

So Aspire is saying to switch to battery adjust mode and start at 4.2V and not more than 4.8V, also reading that voltage is printed on the coil, new to me as my Aspire coils have wattage on them :)

So I have a 1.8 ohm BVC Nautilus coil, in a Nautilus Tank
    Set Vamo to 4.2V

That only needs e liquid, yes I know thats a mine field, but right now would my 45% PG 55% VG be good?

It don't matter how much experience I have, its always nice to hear from other people, and give their settings a try. I make my own RY4 mix, and was planning on using a 12Mg mix for this Nautilus

While waiting for the Nautilus to arrive, Ive put a iClear 30s tank on the Vamo, using my 12mg mix its working great at 11W, the coolfire was limited to 8.5W and so this little extra has made a big difference.

Thanks for any further input
  • I tend to buy a lifetime supply of vaping material that I like. This stems from Canada closing its borders to vaping products several years ago. The 810 pen style supplies I bought several years ago ran out early last year. I bought six Nautilus minis to replace them, finding out in the process that vaping has come a long way since I started, and that Canada had re-opened its border.

The Nautilus is an excellent MTL tank. I like it best with the 1.8Ω Clapton coils. When you're ready, move to a VW MOD for them as you'll get finer control over the power. You should be able to get a VW/TC MOD at that time. give TC a whirl. You get a consistent vape throughout your puff with this method of control. Aspire also makes Ni200 TC coils for the Nautilus.

I use max VG liquids in my Nautilus. My wife uses 30% VG. Both work, but my liquids have a refractory time after a few puffs. It takes a little while for the high VG liquids to re-saturate the coil's wick. As with any new to you tank/coil/liquid combination - start low. I recommend 3,8V, as you won't burn the wick and ruin the coil. Bring up the voltage slowly until you hit your sweet spot. That will vary from person to person depending on their tastes and vaping habits.

I'm now using the original Triton from Aspire. I have six. Four of these were leakers I got free or at next to no cost from folks that didn't use them properly. Not one of them has leaked while I used them. Well, I shouldn't say that. When I've overfilled them, or didn't tighten everything down properly, they did leak. That was my fault.
  • Thanks.. all noted.. I should explain that this is about MTL and the Nautilus, I already have lots of other mods

Kanger subbox mini, with trition 2 tank, sometimes its own rank with RBA. The SMY Touch Box 100W, Spartans temperature control box (300W) just out, Sigelei T150 150W Touch Screen Box MOD ... and a few more :0

So this is just the Nautilus tank on a basic Vamo 5, using Aspire only coils recommended for it.

Naturally I have made my own Clapton coils, and most you other coils you can think off. But once this has been finalized I intend giving a few of these mods away to friends and family in the hope they will stop smoking too, and have a good MTL mod myself.

So looking to see if there was anything special needed for this tank, like I said it don't matter how much you know there will always be valuable experience learned from others. So perhaps my 45/55 mix is going to be fine

• @Old_Salt sent you a message did you get it ?
© 2017 Powered by Aspire