Aspire Pegasus mod: Very bad quality

I've bought the Odyssey Kit last year and received it on September 2015.
It's quite heavy and the first impression is to have a pretty solid machine on the hands.

It works out quite good and is able to measure Watts or Temp, though the way to change from one mode to another is very complicated and "hackish", luckily enough we usually don't change mode very often so it's ok.

The lock of the button is good, 5x times press and it locks out, 5x times press and unlock.
With all pros and cons I though until today I've bought a good product, then suddenly when I unplug it from the charger I see there is a hole instead of the charger female !

The female has decided to remove it self from the integrated circuit where is was attached... I don't know what kind of welding they did to mount the Pegasus mod but I suspect is of very bad quality as this has never happened to me with any of the multiple devices I use with the same charging plug.

This may be just a extremely rare problem that will be refund by Aspire, otherwise I cannot advice to buy products from this brand except if you planned to expend 123,01$ (shipping included) for a new mod every 5 months.

Comments
  • 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is the answer from Aspire. Seriously?

What a waste of money 123$ for a lowest quality chinese product... this Aspire smell like scam.

believenpeaece
  • @Inspiredvapper
    This is the first time I have seen a problem like this with the Pegasus! Must have been a bad solder joint (or whatever they use). I highly suggest contacting Aspire about this problem as this IMO should not happen to any mod! I suggest you contact Aspire and you can find out how in this thread: https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/26698/some-suggestions-for-aspires-customers-who-want-to-seek-for-our-support#latest
    Let us know what happens!
  • Sure I contacted them, I hope they will answer. In any case what solution would they propose now? In the best case they will ask me to return the mod and send me back a new one which involves a couple of months without using the mod, so I will have to buy another mod anyway.

I'm very disappointed... I've got lots of gadgets with charger plugs and not once it has fallen apart like this.
  • I can't tell from your image what caused the failure. Can you post a closeup of the USB port interior and piece that was inside it showing the leads if they are still attached?
  • The leads are attached to the part that fell down. On the inside there is a green circuit board and 5 small holes where the leads go into.
  • I've just put super glue on the outer lips of the piece that fell down so it stick to the mod... though there is a weird contact on the inside and to charge it I have to position the cable on a certain way; otherwise there is no contact. It won't probably last long until it fall down again.
  • The only way to permanently make it work is to open it up completely and weld the interior the right way... something that was meant to be done at the factory. In any case I won't open it as it would break the guarantee (supposing Aspire respect such thing)
  • Sure I contacted them, I hope they will answer. In any case what solution would they propose now? In the best case they will ask me to return the mod and send me back a new one which involves a couple of months without using the mod, so I will have to buy another mod anyway.

I'm very disappointed... I've got lots of gadgets with charger plugs and not once it has fallen apart like this.

Well lets just see what they have to say.......
  • 123$ to the trash. Good to know and share, you've lost one client.
  • Super glue does not restore the electrical connections. They need to be re-soldered. Any half decent electronic repair shop should be able to do this for you at a modest cost. If you are near Halifax, NS send me a PM and I can do this for you.
  • The glue has gone, the piece has fallen again and the pin connectors are now broken. Great... how do I charge the battery now? Thank you Aspire.
  • ... how do I charge the battery now? ...

Just open the trap and change the battery cell using an external charger. That's the normal way to do it anyway.
    The charging dock is another alternative.

Consider the usb port only for an emergency, not for everyday use.

© 2017 Powered by Aspire