"Low battery" problem

I just got my Aspire Pegasus yesterday. I use an IGO-W3 with a duel coil, total of .5 ohms. I have a few different batteries - efest 2500mAh 3.7V 35A, Panasonic 3400mAh 3.7V, and unknown brand 2100mAh 3.7V that my local vape shop recommended. All the batteries are relatively new - efest about 2 months old, Panasonic about 2 months old, unknown is about 3 weeks old. The batteries will register as being fully charged when I first out them in, but I have had an issue with all 3 giving me a "low battery" message and not firing when the battery registers as being at about 3/4 full charge. Additionally, it only takes about maybe 40-50 hits for the batter to drain by 1/4. I have been playing with the wattage, 25-30 watts seems to give me a good hit so I have stayed in that range. I don't understand why the device drains the batteries so fast and will not fire when it registers a 3/4 full battery charge. I was previously using a K-100 mod and the batteries lasted a lot longer giving me the same kind of hit as the Pegasus at the 25-30 watt range. Please help!! Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just don't use the Panasonic 3400mAh and I wouldn't trust the "unknown brand" either !
    The Effest 2500mAh should do because of its higher discharge rate.
  • The Pegasus is designed for batteries with a fully charged voltage of 4.2V. It shuts down when the battery voltage drops to 3.2V while vaping.
    The batteries you have sound like they may have LiFePO4 chemistry. You will not get the full performance from your Pegasus with them.

Think of your battery as a voltage source with a resistor in it. Some of the voltage gets dropped across this internal resistance, the rest is available to your coil. The voltage source in your battery lessens as the charge is used. All too soon the voltage available to the coil is less than 3.2V, and your Pegasus shuts down until you recharge it. You need batteries with a different chemistry that have a higher voltage when fully charged.

I use Samsung IMR 18650-25R batteries for this wattage. They will drain to between 1/4 - 1/3 of their capacity before requiring a recharge.
    The Aspire 40A batteries are highly recommended for greater wattage use.
    watkijw
  • Agreed @Old_Salt - I am using one Pegasus with the Aspire 40A battery, and two with the 25R batteries. They are all working well for me, and I can go for a couple days on a charge.
  • Thank you all for your responses. @Old_Salt I really appreciate your explanation, I feel like I have a much better understanding now so thank you very much. I got some of the Samsung 25Rs and I love them!! Vaping happy now, thanks again!!
    watkijw
  • @gbalkam more information about aspire 18650 battery,please visit here:aspirecig.com/products/battery-cells/
© 2017 Powered by Aspire