Cf Maxx problem

I just got the elite kit, the cf max was charging fine for the first day.But no when I plug the charger It blinks blue and after it goes into a solide red
I let charge for a day and when I try to start It i get a 3 blue blinks and after 15 red blinks.

Can anyone help me?
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @anthovall

This is from the Aspire store website regarding the CF Maxx battery located here: https://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-cf-maxx-batterywith-an-aspire-usb-charger-1000ma-for-free-p-100.html
    See the link above for more instructions like the ones I have listed below.

Charging Instructions:
    1.Unscrew the battery from the vaping components.
    2.Gently screw battery into the USB charger.
    3.Plug the USB into the wall charger or computer.
    4.The battery will flash 3 times and then turn solid in color (Orange light in 3.3-3.5V, Blue light in 3.6-4.2V).
    5.The light on the USB charger will be red when charging.
    6.Once fully charged, the USB charger will display a green light, and the LED light on battery will turn off after blinking 20 times.

Overdischarge Protection When battery cell voltage is less than 3.3V (low battery), the atomizer will remain OFF, and the Orange LED light will blink 15 times.

Atomizer Short Circuit Protection If heating coils are short-circuited while vaping, the LED lights (both colors) blink 3 times, and the battery will default to “sleep mode.”

watkijw
  • IIRC the CF Maxx needs to be charged with a high amperage charger (1000mA). If you are using a normal low amperage charger (500mA), it is probably not charging correctly.
  • dsando said:

IIRC the CF Maxx needs to be charged with a high amperage charger (1000mA). If you are using a normal low amperage charger (500mA), it is probably not charging correctly.

It works fine with a 420mA charger, it will only take about twice the time for a full charge (done it with mine before I got a 1000mA one).

• Aspire makes a 510 charger just for the CF Maxx that is rated at Input: DC 5V 1200 mA, Output: DC 4.2V 1000mA costs £4.99 here in the UK,
  • Yes, the 1000mA charger is really recommended for the CF Maxx battery. I've used the standard 500mA adapter and ran into issues. Things cleared up with the 1000mA adapter.
  • @Guz What kind of issues ?
  • Partial/slow charging, Also had weird charging light combinations that didn't quite match up with normal operations.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire