Atlantis coils

I bought a few Atlantis tanks which came with coils. I also bought a box of coils. The ones that came with the tanks work perfectly with my high VG juice = Betty. BUT, if I use the replacement coils, they never taste good. I thought it was just that batch of coils, so I bought another box and the same thing with them. I have resorted to cleaning the ones that do taste good but I know I can't do that forever. Suggestions?????
Comments
  • 21 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What has me scratching my head is that switching to cleaned original coils restores the taste you had.

Giving the tank a thorough cleaning, paying extra attention to the threads for the coils would be my first suggestion. Some old liquid may be stuck there.

I wonder if the original coils with the tanks were ceramic. If so, the settings on your MOD and tank may need to change for the new cotton coils.
    watkijw
  • Old_Salt said:

What has me scratching my head is that switching to cleaned original coils restores the taste you had.

Giving the tank a thorough cleaning, paying extra attention to the threads for the coils would be my first suggestion. Some old liquid may be stuck there.

I wonder if the original coils with the tanks were ceramic. If so, the settings on your MOD and tank may need to change for the new cotton coils.

Wow, I never thought of that!! That could very well be the problem!
    watkijw
  • This is a common problem with Aspire coils, especially the Atlantis and triton atomizers, I know for sure. I'm really hoping they take these complaints seriously. I have yet to meet a person that uses Aspire tanks and has not had AND does not continue to get bad coils. I've bought over 10, 5 packs of different aspire atomizers and I usually get at the very least 1 or 2 bad ones (if not more) in every 5 pack. And YES, they are all Authentic.
    Thom@s
  • null
    I just got a box of genuine Triton Clapton coils with the orange rings. I found some of the ceramic coils and bought all of them so when this coil is depleted I will try the Clapton. Thanks for the advice and I will report back soon.
    Thom@s
  • Did you check the scratch code on the Aspire site to make sure they are genuine?
  • I actually did! I thought about it after I wrote this and yes, they are genuine.
  • I highly suggest trying the Triton .5ohm clapton coil, it's awesome and will fit in your Atlantis tanks!
  • I even tried that too............. its a mystery. Why one coil would be so good and all replacements be bad.....
  • I am stumped... :-/
  • ME TOO........ that's why I resorted to asking advice from others.

• @hollyfs8
    You mean that you have tried the Triton .5ohm Clapton coil in the Atlantis and it had the same bad taste as the replacement Atlantis coils? I have been using the .5ohm Clapton coils with no problems at all. Hmmm.... anyone got any ideas on this problem?
  • I tried an Atlantis Clapton coil and it still wasn't as pure as the original coils. I didn't try the Triton ones
    I'll try that
  • @hollyfs8
    The clapton coil is 5.ohm made initially for the Triton tank. It does however fit the Atlantis tank as well. If you tried a regular .5ohm Atlantis coil, it is not the same as the .5ohm Triton clapton coil. The clapton coil gives much better flavor! What color are the o-rings on the coils you are using? The Triton .5ohm clapton coil has orange o-rings on it and the Atlantis .5ohm coil has clear silicone o-rings.
  • I agree with Holly every time I use a replacement coil I get a really nasty taste,
    After going thru 2 boxes of replacement coils I gave up and bought a different tank. Hope they can find the problem I like my Atlantis.
  • Well, after not knowing what to do...1 found a place online that sold the NON-COTTON coils and this seems to be working. I also tried the. 3 Clapton coils and it was no better. I did just buy a .5 Clapton and will see how that does after. I use this one.

Jrobink55..... what tank are you using?
    I'm vaping BETTY which I know is thick and sweet but I love it. But the high VG and the sweet makes it hard to Vapes.
  • Just a follow up...
    After letting this coil seep, its working perfectly! The Aspire 0.5 NON-COTTON coil.
    Doing the happy dance here!
  • @hollyfs8
    Glad it's working for you. But I would love to know where you got those "Non-cotton coils" as Aspire only makes them with cotton. They haven't made the ceramic coils for over a year! There have been other folks looking for them. Please PM me with a link to the site where you got them. Thanks!! :-bd
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jrobink55 That nasty taste is normal. Take about 10 small puffs at first, without inhaling, then the taste will become the usual.
  • I changed my coil 2 days ago and everything was fine until today. It started having that burnt taste to it. I took the coil out and cleaned it up and it worked great again for about 10 puffs then started up again. I have taken it out a couple of times and cleaned it up with the same results. I am at work and unable to leave and get another coil. Any suggestions?
  • I do believe you, but I must be the exception. Have never had a bad tasting Aspire coil, but I have had a few that were DOA and I returned them back to the B&M for an exchange. Hopefully Aspire will address the problem of bad tasting and/or inconsistant coils.
  • Hmm, I must be another exception. I have been using Aspire coils for over two years, and have never had a bad one! I feel like the nickel in the TC coils gives a faintly metallic flavor, which I don't prefer, but have yet to experience this "nasty" taste on Aspire coils.

On the other hand, I bought a fake eGrip mod from FT before I realized what this site was. the coils that came with that thing were disgusting, and tasted like machine oil. No amount of rinsing would get rid of that flavor. And this is why the first question is always, "did you check the code?"

Now, keep in mind that Aspire coils are rated for pretty low wattage. VG has a higher vaporizing temp than PG, so you may have to crank your Watts higher than the official rating to find your sweet spot. If the wattage is too low, you could be boiling your juice and that will leave a nasty film on your coil that will start to burn. I know it is counter-intuitive, but you may have to burn the coil hotter to avoid the burned taste...
© 2017 Powered by Aspire