Triton 2- New Drip Tip Threading issue as well as Triton RTA fitment fail comments.

Good Afternoon (USA) and good morning (China)!!!,
I'm happy to now be a member here at the Aspire forum and have been fairly satisfied with my decision with making purchases with Aspire as my GO-TO Vaping systems.
With that out of the way and said lets get down to business!
Forward;
I have now purchased two Triton 2 tanks, the Triton RTA system, the Pegasus MOD (V2 model), and many other items from Aspire directly. I have validated authenticity even though I purchased these items directly from this websites store and shipped directly with DHL.
Disclaimer:
I am not a novice Vaper.
Issue:
Take a look at the side by side comparison of the two tanks with the included uploaded photo and give your opinion on the seating issues with the New Drip Tip System threading on two Triton V2 tanks I have purchased just this month. One does not screw on without a ton of pressure and difficulty and never seats completely. It may be a cross threading issue. You can clearly see the difference in the flush seating of the two separate systems side by side.
Current:
I have emailed the USA service center and started an email dialog with a rep regarding this issue.
His response sadly was that he himself had not even heard of this issue; of course I intelligently responded to him that maybe he hadn't but their (New USA Service center) location is so new (as well as this product) that I'm sure he'll be seeing plenty of "UNSEEN BEFORE" issues with the new Triton Tank.
Before I spend the shipping fee on my end as well as send in the required additional $10 dollars for them to ship it back (or a replacement); I would like to see how many others are experiencing the same issue.
I have seen other posts regarding the difficulty of screwing on the new Drip Tip system (https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27318/triton-2-drip-tip-system-almost-impossible-to-remove#latest), as well as the issues with the Triton RTA system (https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27354/triton-rta-in-the-triton-v2).
I can tell you from experience that the RTA system does not function or fit with the new Triton V2. I wish I could return this item for a full refund as this should NO longer be sold for this tank, it will burn all the coils you make (poor juice inlets) and waste more of your time building not too mention the money wasted on the wicking and wire. (The e-juice liquid intake ports do not line up with the vape chimney).
What is most important at this time is that I have the engineering department as well as all future purchasers become aware of these issues.
I am 40 years old. Have been into Vaping/e-cigs for almost a decade, (since the OG ecigs were created). And I'm no novice.
I have probably spent WAY too much time, and money, watching youtube reviews as well as scoured too many websites and forums and blogs on how things work, fit, function, and entertain. I am not hard on my purchases. And I'm fully aware of how to be gentle and read all instruction documents and manuals before even attempting to use any items. I have inspected the threads with a magnifying glass to make sure there are no shavings, shearing, or items like the o-rings in the way.

Thank you in advance.
Tell me what you think fellow forum members and I hope the US service center answers my follow up emails before I spend MORE money on trying to correct what looks like a manufacturing defect. We VAPERS spend a lot of money and time on this hobby for our health and for our entertainment, and only hope that the service and warranty systems in place by each and every individual company we invest in spends just as much money in service and customer satisfaction as they do in Marketing.
Conclusion:
I have not experienced TOO much leaking from the tank with the Drip tip system top that does not seat fully yet but I can only imagine it will get worse with time.
Regards
Triton V2 Drip Tip side by side.jpg
3984 x 2988 - 3M
Comments
  • 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It may cost less to buy both parts which may cause your problem from Aspire on-line than the shipping costs back and forth to the US facility. I recommend when visible problems are reported that folks buy locally, and check their purchase before leaving the store.

A slight modification is all that's required for either the Triton RTA, or the Triton 2 upper hardware to rectify that problem. I'd recommend that the upper hardware be modified as folks tend to buy several RTAs. Those of us with lathes can modify the RTA if we wish ;)
  • I too have considered the parts option/shipping costs, my intention was to simply inform both engineering, and prospective buyers/engineering. And I did buy these from China so the inspection prior to leaving just wasn't an option.
    Thanks for the reply Old_Salt!
    I have machinist buddies, so that shaving idea seems interesting on the RTA, however, enlarging the holes on the RTA to line up with the chimney e-juice feeds may create more problems than they resolve. ;)
  • @MxRagDoll The wicking holes for both the RTA and coils didn't always line up with the original Triton. There was enough of a gap between the inner chimney and coil so this was not a problem. I suspect it's the same for the Triton 2.
  • @MxRagDoll First off ...VERY nice close up photography on the two tanks!! Very easy to see the difference. I wish that I had a good answer for you on the top screwing on....mine is also a bit hard to get on and it's tight but fits flush...your call on that one. As for the RTA I don't use mine because it is kinda difficult to get the coil in there the right way, my eyesight ain't good. There has been at least 1 other forum member that had the same drip tip problem and it may well be a quality control problem which Aspire really needs to look into.
    I posted a statement about the RTA system in combination with the Triton2 but have retracted it before I get negative responses from customer service and/or the engineering dept. Or lets be honest, the troll know-it-all's that comment on threads without first doing their own research. LOL.
    I will however RE-post it if I do not get a good response from the customer service group or engineering at Aspire first.
  • This may be the thread you are looking for:
    forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27354/triton-rta-in-the-triton-v2

The height of the RTA would not cause cross-threading issues. There are however, two places it might cause a leak. One is at the coil to chimney seal. The other is at the base hardware to retaining ring for Triton 2 glass tube connection. The RTA passes through the retaining ring for Triton 2 glass tube without problems.

The connector for drip tip to upper hardware fit is very tight. The connector for drip tip must be pushed into the upper hardware before the threads will engage. In the case of your tank on the left, where you cannot fully seat the connector for drip tip, check to ensure the o-ring is fully seated all around in its groove. Check to ensure the absence of foreign matter around the mating surface in the upper hardware. If it still won't seat, the o-ring may have swelled, or you may have debris in its groove. Carefully remove the o-ring with a plastic toothpick. Rinse it well with warm water. Check the groove in the connector for drip tip for debris. Wash it well with warm water. Let the parts dry thoroughly. Re-install the o-ring, wipe the o-ring with a very light coat of your liquid, and re-install the connector for drip tip. This may resolve your problem.

I am and have fully inspected all of the issues you mentioned in your reply above Old Salt.
    As I said I am not a novice and I have machinist friends. My entire family are engineers, and although I appreciate your assistance attempting to educate (again not a novice). I have already inspected my device with magnifiers for foreign matter, and if you missed my first post verbiage regarding and including reading the other posts (with links to them), I am aware of everything you have mentioned.
    I have also read almost every single response you have made to all the other forum members, so thank you for your assistance and all your time.

Thx
    @Old_Salt : one more thing.

You just made a statement above regarding how the Triton RTA system could not be the issue regarding cross-threading but according to your earlier post at (18:19):
    "The wicking holes for both the RTA and coils didn't always line up with the original Triton. There was enough of a gap between the inner chimney and coil so this was not a problem. I suspect it's the same for the Triton 2."

Using the words "I suspect", is different than, "I know".
    Suspecting the Triton V1's design as the same as the Triton V2 discredits your statement sir.
    I just think logically. You can't make a statement about knowing something without actually having your hands on something and testing it yourself. Your statements are obviously regurgitation's of other threads you've read about.
    I personally would give advice regarding something I've tested and reverse engineered but I wouldn't continue to make bold statements about how something definitively is not an issue without having actually tested and inspected the dimensions and products myself first.
    Lets not load up this thread with false claims or assumptions and leave the information for the experts.
    EDIT: @Old_Salt - I just found Tina's reply to you on the link you even posted in response to my post;
    Quote:
    "The original Triton RTA section is not compatible with the Triton2 or Atlantis series tanks.
    It only fits with the original Triton."
    Conclusion:
    @Old_Salt Why didn't you just say that from the beginning, seeing as how you were already answered?
    I believe we are both in agreement that the Triton RTA system was flawed from the beginning. I also believe that if you put more consideration and thought into the fact that if the original Triton RTA was flawed from the beginning and was built after the design and for the original Triton V1 (and was probably created just to release and compete with other manufacturers products and give the consumer something that would sell), you would also come to the conclusion that they didn't build the Triton V2 around the design of the Triton RTA system to make it fit better. That would be quite funny don't you think???

They built the Triton V2 to address all the issues with the Triton V1 and didn't put much thought into how it would fit the Triton RTA. The chat team at Aspire in China advised me to buy the Triton RTA in an email specifically advertising it's usability in the Triton V2 and that was wrong. Business and sales are built around a product that sells. Give the consumer what they ask for and work out the details with a subsequent Version.
    That's how this system works my friend.
    I also have another saved email from the service center in the USA from a rep whom I will not mention, but he said, and I quote;
    "That's definitely not treading correctly, I've heard all aspires
    products are assembled by hand, so somebody at their facility must
    have gorilla hands and really wrenched that down to of messed up the
    treads like that.", and yes, he not I spelled threads incorrectly, it is a quote remember.
    So hopefully this will shed a little light on the subject for you and the team in China selling these products.
    Hope you've enjoyed reading our posts new Forum members! And I will be forwarding this link to my post in this discussion thread to the salesperson that advised me to buy the RTA for the Triton V2.
    I should be sent a replacement tank at NO COST!!!
    RESOLUTION TO MY TRITON 2 problem with the RTA system:
    After going back to the Aspire product store and purchasing the parts for the Triton 2 in hopes to fix the damage that had been created; I had a chat session online with the original sales person at Aspire whom advised me to purchase the Triton RTA system for use in the Triton 2 in the first place.
    The sales rep looked into my email that I sent to them, and then looked into my most recent order for the parts, and then confided in me that they were just notified by the engineering department to not sell the original Triton RTA system for the Triton 2 on any further purchases. The Triton RTA system does not work with the Triton 2.
    That same sales representative decided to rectify the situation by sending me two additional free parts to fix my original tank that was damaged and also upgraded my shipping to DHL so it would arrive sooner.
    I am now confident that Aspire is just as concerned about helping their customers for damages/errors in manufacturing and sales mistakes.
    However,
    If you are not a diligent consumer and do not follow up on your own issues than you have no one else to blame but yourself.
    As for any of the above forum members or future consumers of these products, please take the time to read the entire thread if you are so inclined. It is very informative.

I am once again pleased with this company and will continue to purchase their products as I have been very happy with not only their service but their continued support. If I find any other mentions of this issue on the net I will gladly post a link to this thread I have created informing the public of my personal situation.
    Once again,
    THANK YOU ASPIRE
    Continue making great products for the Vaping community!
    @MxRagDoll
    MxRagDoll said:

@Old_Salt ...You can't make a statement about knowing something without actually having your hands on something and testing it yourself. Your statements are obviously regurgitation's of other threads you've read about...

EDIT: @Old_Salt - I just found Tina's reply to you on the link you even posted in response to my post;
    Quote:
    "The original Triton RTA section is not compatible with the Triton2 or Atlantis series tanks.
    It only fits with the original Triton."
    Conclusion:
    @Old_Salt Why didn't you just say that from the beginning, seeing as how you were already answered?

I am happy to hear that your problem was resolved, but I resent your statement that all I did was regurgitate information found elsewhere. All information I gave you was based on personal observation and measurement. I challenge you to find any earlier reference to this information in any forum.

I have ONE Triton 2 and SIX of the original Tritons. That is how I took the measurements posted in this thread. You will note that @Tina replied stating that the RTA was not compatible with the Triton 2 AFTER I posted the measurements, and after all of our previous interactions. It also was the FIRST mention on this forum of this incompatibility.

• @Old_Salt
    I too am sorry you resented my comments.
    However, as you have included your link again regarding your measurements along with quoting my comments, you had never stated that you had taken your measurements with the Triton 2 base and RTA, nor did you include photos of said measurements with the Triton 2, with the base attached or otherwise.
    Please refer to your comment in the above post you made again:
    Old_Salt said:
    "The wicking holes for both the RTA and coils didn't always line up with the original Triton. There was enough of a gap between the inner chimney and coil so this was not a problem. I suspect it's the same for the Triton 2."
    Doesn't this make sense to you?

Again, you simply said after Tina responded to you later that you felt that you and others had assumed the RTA would fit the Triton 2.
    I still don't believe that anything I said was incorrect. Sorry you feel that way. If you feel it is necessary for further banter you may certainly include photos of your original Triton base with the RTA connected and a photo of your Triton 2 base connected in a side by side comparison with your verier. I think that would certainly aid in this confusion with future consumers and educate everyone who visits this forum.
    Have a great rest of your day and thank you for contributing. ;)
  • Here you go, a sample of my collection fresh from the camera, a Canon Sure Shot SX600 SX taken this morning at about 7:15AM AST.

Now about my challenge, have you found anything including measurements regarding the fit of the RTA and Triton 2 posted prior to yesterday? Perhaps you'd like to rethink slinging accusations without proof. Those of us who actually spend the time trying to find the causes for the problems others encounter, and the solutions for them do no appreciate those accusations. So, go ahead, find the proof and publish it.
    IMG_0046.jpg
    4608 x 3456 - 3M
  • I must have ruffled a feather or two there, huh @Old_Salt ?
    Well, as I said before, attention is in the details, and I think logically.
    I can assure you that this would have never happened had you heeded that advice from the beginning.
    I didn't "sling accusations without proof", I did qualify my request by simply asking first why you hadn't mentioned the actual words TRITON 2 in your description with your measurements as well as photo's with side by side comparisons of the Triton 1 and Triton 2 with the RTA system's attached. Those are the specific details that I believe you keep missing. As a matter of fact you specifically chose to use words like "suspect" and "assume". I'm methodical and accurate.
    If those detailed side by side photos were attached to your post on the earlier thread with your verier I would never have even replied to you.
    I am happy with my resolution and as I've thanked you a few times now for your input and time, I will thank you once again so you don't feel sad about this situation. I'm glad you feel vindicated now that you finally posted a photo of your Triton 2.
    Challenging me however to find proof and publish it is a waste of time and serves no purpose for me.
    Again, all of our communications would have been avoided and would not have flooded my thread with wasted banter if you would have been more specific and shown proof from the beginning, i.e.(photos and descriptive words, Triton 2).
    Have a wonderful rest of your day Old_Salt ;)
    And keep on keepin' on!
    MxRagDoll said:

I must have ruffled a feather or two there, huh @Old_Salt ?

Simply put yes. I spent over an hour and a half of my own time investigating your complaints yesterday. It's not only my feathers that were ruffled. Why do you think that others used a different thread to express their experiences? Your problems would normally have caused several members to offer their support.
    MxRagDoll said:

Well, as I said before, attention is in the details, and I think logically...words like "suspect" and "assume". I'm methodical and accurate.

So do I, and so am I. I presented what was measured and tested, then clearly identified other items I suspected, and what had been assumed by the community. Including the assumption that the RTA worked with the Triton 2 caused this to be cleared up by Aspire, adding to our body of knowledge.
    MxRagDoll said:

Again, all of our communications would have been avoided and would not have flooded my thread with wasted banter if you would have been more specific and shown proof from the beginning, i.e.(photos and descriptive words, Triton 2).

I was highly specific. Anyone that wishes to can easily reproduce my results with the information I gave without the use of images. Forum answers are not posted solely for your use, but for all who may experience a similar problem.
    MxRagDoll said:

I didn't "sling accusations without proof"

Oh? perhaps you should review the posts that you have not deleted.
    MxRagDoll said:

Challenging me however to find proof and publish it is a waste of time and serves no purpose for me.

I thought so.

Enough said.

• At the initiator of this post's request,he need lock this post.

This discussion has been closed.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire