Triton RTA in the Triton V2

Hi, I am pretty new to vaping, but love the Aspire line of tanks have got myself a Triton V2 and loving the 0.5 ohm Clapton coils. I have the Triton V1 as well and the RTA which i used for a couple of months, but I can't seem to get it too fit as snuggly into the Triton V2 so the tank isnt as tight as I would like but it doesn't leak at all. Has anyone tried the RTA in the Triton V2 yet and if so any tips on making it fit better? or have I just missed that there is a new RTA out as well?

Attached a picture to show how it's fitting, you can see a gap between the bottom and middle hardware and the middle and upper hardware O-ring is showing. Been using it a few days now and no leaks but haven't taken it out the house.
IMAG0001.jpg
1520 x 2688 - 981K
IMAG0001.jpg 980.9K
Comments
  • 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I tried this the other day too, and got the same result.

@Tina can you check with the engineers why the RTA seems to be fitting strangely in the Triton v2? Thanks!
    AndrewJH
  • Thanks @watkijw glad to know it's not just mine :)
  • Sure thing @AndrewJH - I didn't even fill mine with liquid. I just put in a different coil and moved on. I probably would have forgotten about it if not for your post... 8-}
  • I took some measurements with a verier:
    Length of coil 28.34mm (Clapton) vs 28.44mm (RTA)
    Bottom of tank to top of coil 27.48mm (Clapton) vs 27.44mm (RTA)
    Bottom of coil to top of upper hardware 44.11mm (Clapton) vs 45.68mm (RTA)
    - retaining ring, glass, drip tip connector, and drip tip removed
    - Can feel Clapton coil slide over seal in upper hardware, not so with the Clapton. Can feel RTA slightly contact the seal.
    - RTA does not seem to fully insert into the upper hardware. Knurled part of center section of the RTA sits on center wall of the upper hardware's chimney

Note this only applies to one Clapton coil and one RTA. More measurements are needed to determine if this holds true for all coils and RTAs.
    AndrewJH
  • @Old_Salt The original Triton RTA section is not compatible with the Triton2 or Atlantis series tanks.
    It only fits with the original Triton.
  • @Tina I think we all assumed the RTA would fit the Triton 2. Thanks for clearing this up.
  • Hi all, I registered to ask this.

@tina: Is there a new RTA for the Triton 2?

Some sellers are claiming to have rta for V2, probably they are confused. I am confused for sure because all triton RTA look the same. If there are 2, please tell how to spot the differences in the photos.
  • @paulk1 we will not make the original Triton tank and the RTA section. The original Triton RTA section is not compatible with the Triton2 or Atlantis series tanks.It only fits with the original Triton.
    I have passed your suggestion to our products development department,Hope in future,we will come out a new RTA section,it not only fits for the original triton tank,it also fits for the Triton 2 tank.
    Any suggestion for the RTA section,please feel free to tell us.
    I will pass your suggestion to our products development department.

Best Wish
    Tina
  • Thanks for the update @tina look forward to seeing a new RTA for the Triton V2 in the future. :)
  • @Tina It seems to be the center section of the RTA that makes it incompatible with the Triton 2. If 0.5mm were taken off of top of the knurled part of this section of the RTA, it should work. As this part is also gripped to remove the RTA from the bottom hardware, you could mill flats on what remains and include a small wrench in case it becomes difficult to remove.

An entirely new design would be needed for the Atlantis.
  • Thank you @Tina and everyone for this forum thread :)

I will try to find on a local shop a Triton V1 so I can test the Aspire RTA system.
  • @paulk1 You can often find used original Tritons locally for a very low cost. I have four bought this way that only needed minimal care to work perfectly.
  • @Old_Salt Thank you!
    I will pass your suggestion to our products development department.
    ;)
  • @Old_Salt Wow you have 4!
    I couldn't find anything local (small city), But I ordered Triton 1 + RTA from another city (online).
    Can't wait to test this baby :)
  • They are selling the original Triton tanks on eBay for about half the price of a new one. Some new, some used, I wouldn't want to trust them if I can't confirm the authenticity though. :-?
  • Taken 1mm off the knurled ring of the centre section, fits perfectly in the Triton 2. Gone with a horizontal Clapton coil and jap cotton, vaping very well. Only downside with this rta is the long lead length for the positive connection, had to use 1 less wrap than usual to get the ohms right.
    image.jpeg
    1102 x 1599 - 363K
    image.jpeg 363.3K
  • andylee said:

Taken 1mm off the knurled ring of the centre section, fits perfectly in the Triton 2. Gone with a horizontal Clapton coil and jap cotton, vaping very well. Only downside with this rta is the long lead length for the positive connection, had to use 1 less wrap than usual to get the ohms right.

I don't recommend that anyone modify any part of an Aspire product that isn't made to work with it's accompanying parts. That said, I am glad that you have found a way to make it work to your satisfaction!
    :-bd
  • Lack of research on my part, assumed the RTA section was compatible with both the Triton and Triton 2 tanks.
  • Not many have the tools to do this. My Sherline lathe made short work of it for the three Triton RTAs I own. They now work in both the original and V2 Tritons.
  • edited April 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wonder if its important to leave any of the knurling, dont have access to a machine anymore.. darn it I was a tool maker too.. So planning on grinding it off :) but that would mean taking 0.5mm off the whole length of the knurling
  • You need to leave enough to get a grip on it.
  • null
    @Old_Salt Can you please show me exactly what portion you have cut out.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire