Pegasus doing strange things...

I received my Pegasus a week ago, assembled everything and tryed vaping. Immediately noticed that in TC, the coil wasn't getting anywhere near the temp I specified, so I popped in the .4 coil, (came with triton in the oddessey kit) and cranked up the wattage. When it is set to 70w, it will only fire at 30-40w. Okay, so maybe the Basen battery I got is junk, I have an aspire 40w 18650 on the way, but the really strange thing is that when in VW, and I set the wattage down to 1w, it still fires at 30-40w, just like it does when set at 70. Is this all because of a possible bunk battery? Or do I need to send the mod back for an exchange?
Comments
  • 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Upon further review, it was stuck in bypass mode. Switched modes, good as new.
  • Do you have the Pegasus V1 or V2 ?
    Is your Basen battery fully charged ?
    You probably have the Version 1, with that one, with a new different coil, you must fire 3-4 seconds in order for the device to check the kind of coil it is.
  • @JWSpeedWorkz Sometimes it's just the little things that mess with our vape 'eh?! ;)
  • I would imagine its a V2, but I'm not sure. It recognizes coil changes right away. The instruction pamphlet didn't really mention what the heck bypass mode is. The Basen battery is charged, but i can tell when it steps down wattage, pretty sure this battery just cant take the drain for more than a couple seconds. Found out this morning that the .4 coil doesn't like 70W :)
  • Are you using the "Bypass" mode when this happens ?
    The bypass mode is like a "meca" mode, it gives power just as much as the battery can handle, without any electronic boosting, just a simple application of the Ohm's law (Power=Voltage²/resistance).
  • Hmm, it sounds like the v1, but I didn't know the v1 had a bypass mode! I thought that was only available with the v2??
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @watkijw

I would imagine its a V2, but I'm not sure. It recognizes coil changes right away. The instruction pamphlet didn't really mention what the heck bypass mode is.

Upon further review, it was stuck in bypass mode. Switched modes, good as new.

V2 to me, no bypass mode on the V1 (or not functionnal anyway) !

@JWSpeedWorkz Do you see a menu on the display when a change is made ?

• Quite familiar with the ole E=IR, but yeah, whenever a change is made a menu does display. The bypass mode is actually kind of a nice function now that you explained it. I'm hoping TC mode functions properly now, will check when I get home
© 2017 Powered by Aspire