Mini Nautilus Leak

Whenever I inhale, there is gurgling and some of the e-liquid comes into my mouth. There is constantly e-liquid on the drip tip on the outside because of this. Wondering why this is and how I can fix this. I do use it a lot, but the e-liquid is going away a lot faster than it used to and I think it is because of this leaking issue.
Comments
  • 31 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @niftydoggy and @Essdub I personally have no experience with the Nautilus line, but I did want to acknowledge your posts. Maybe someone else out there can help these folks out? ........anyone??? :-?? @Old-Salt ? @cegoca?
    Essdub
  • One other trick I remember now :
    Remove the drip tip.
    Put a cloth above the tank where the drip tip normally is.
    Make heavy movements downwards with the tank (hold it tight !).
    You will see the excess in liquid on your cloth.
    watkijw
  • I've been having the same problem since I bought the premium kit. The kit (nautilus mini and CFVV+ battery) is genuine (checked scratch code on website) as are the coils.
    The coils which came in the kit have all started gurgling/spitting soon after starting to use them and I bought a genuine pack of coils 3 days ago and the first one is gurgling/spitting juice.
    I've had one pack that have worked perfectly and to be fair, I was happy with those coils. It's a great bit of kit when it works.
    I'm using 60/40 PG/VG and vape between 4.3v and 4.8v with these 1.8ohm coils. I've made sure everything is tight enough and don't try to suck the life out of it when I vape.
    It's actually making me feel a bit ill as well as giving me sore lips and throat so I've stopped using it.
    Has anyone got any tips/advice please?
    I've never had this with my old mini pro tank and if I can't find a solution I'm going to have to find something else, which would be a shame as I'd like to stick with this if I can.
  • @charlzrocks thanks. Been scouring the net for clues. Really want to figure this out because when it works, it's brilliant
  • Airflow should be open at the maximum, voltage at around 4,7 V and vape softly.
  • @Cegoca thanks. That's what I've been doing. Even at the full 4.8v I'm getting the same gurgling/spitting. The coils I used that were fine didn't give me any issues at 4.3v. Vaped all day like that.
    Everything I've bought has checked out on aspires site so I've not been using cheap eBay knock offs. It's frustrating because I know how well this nautilus mini can work
  • What I did sometimes to stop gurgling (too much liquid in the resistance) :
    1° fire 2 or 3 times for a few seconds without vaping.
    2° put some towel near the airflow and blow through the drip tip.
    3° vape very hard a few times, I know this sounds weird but it helped sometimes for me.
  • @Cegoca thanks. I'll give that a go. I'm also going to look for replacement o rings just to see if that helps.
    Sorry to @niftydoggy for hijacking the thread ;)
  • FYI ... never had to replace any o-rings in more than a year on all my Nautilus.
    And I'm waiting impatiently to try the new coils Aspire will bring out end of month ! ;)
  • @Essdub that's okay! I will try that out too, @Cegoca. Thanks!
  • @Cegoca Thanks for helping out on this one! :D
  • I just hope it will work for them :)
  • @Cegoca new coils you say? That might be an option. Unfortunately that tip didn't work for me. Hopefully @niftydoggy has better luck.
    Thanks for the help anyway.
  • Essdub said:

@Cegoca new coils you say? That might be an option. Unfortunately that tip didn't work for me. Hopefully @niftydoggy has better luck.
    Thanks for the help anyway.

A fourth option is to remove the excess of liquid with a smoking pipe cleaner, if you see what that is.
    Check the website for the Odyssey mini kit, the new coils (1.2 Ohms kanthal, 1.8 Ohms Clapton and 0.15 Ohms Ni200 for TC), compatible with Nautilus, will be available end of month.

;)
  • @Cegoca I'm guessing the 1.8ohm coil will work ok on my CFVV+ as I think 4.8v equates to about 12.8 watts and not enough for the 1.5ohm. Of course, I'm no stranger to being wrong :))
    Emailed a local store today and was told cheap juice will cause the problem. Not sure if he just wants to sell me some of his but I'll pop down at the weekend and see what he sells. I'll post back with any results
  • And yes, I obviously meant 1.2 ohms not 1.5 :-t
  • Be careful though as I'm not sure for the coils, how low a CF VV battery can fire.
    The 1,8 Ohm shouldn't be a problem, the 1,2 Ohms one, I don't now, sorry (and forget the 0,15 one on that battery anyway).

A juice with a bit more VG could probably solve the problem too.
  • I use my Nautilus tanks all the time, they are my favorite. You will run into some condensation issues with the small drip tip, and it will back up into the chamber and collect inside the coil. About halfway through each tank, I roll up the end of a paper towel and stick it down the top cap to soak up excess (with the drip tip removed). You can also use a Q-tip, but the cotton will sometimes snag on the coil. @niftydoggy Are you having this issue more often than that?

I also vape my 1.8 Ohm coils at about 20 Watts with a high VG liquid, as that is what works for me and it keeps the excess in check.
  • @watkijw I have this issue even when I have put in a new coil. And I'll have to mess around with the Wattage. I just ordered new coils and need to wait to try all these ideas once I get them.
  • Best of luck to you @niftydoggy I hope you get it situated. :)
  • @Cegoca currently vaping 100% VG with the battery at full tilt. So far so good but time will tell. It's from a local store who only sell VG. Hopefully, they've acquired a new regular customer.
    I'm interested in how those new coils you mentioned perform though.
    Thanks for everyone's tips and fingers crossed its fixed the problem
  • Good call @Essdub I think you will be happy with the high VG juice. I have never had a wicking problem with 100% VG, although some others have. And I don't vape my Nauties softly at all. But you will have to see what works for you. :))

By "new coils" I hope you mean the 1.8 Ohm Clapton. I am super excited for these as well!!
  • @watkijw well I'm well past the point of gurgling/drinking juice and so far so good. Not a gurgle in sight :) the question will be how long the coil will last. Enjoying the VG though.
    I'm just wondering how the Clapton will perform with my CFVV+ though. Looking at it, my device will vape at 12.8 watts max and the Clapton starts at 13 watts(?) being at the bottom end of the scale will it work well or will I need a new device that puts out a bit more wattage? Oh, the dilemma
    :))
  • Christmas is in 42 days ... =P~
  • @Essdub it may indeed be time to upgrade to a VW device. There is certainly no shortage of them on the market, and you could probably get something like an iStick 30W for pretty cheap. Then you can buy a full-size Nautilus and try the Claptons. :)

Or, you could go all out and get the new Odyssey kit with Pegasus and Triton v2. With that you could play with DTL vaping, and all kinds of fun new stuff! LOL

Oh, the dilemma indeed. Welcome to it!
  • watkijw said:

@Essdub it may indeed be time to upgrade to a VW device. There is certainly no shortage of them on the market, and you could probably get something like an iStick 30W for pretty cheap. Then you can buy a full-size Nautilus and try the Claptons. :)

Or, you could go all out and get the new Odyssey kit with Pegasus and Triton v2. With that you could play with DTL vaping, and all kinds of fun new stuff! LOL

Oh, the dilemma indeed. Welcome to it!

You forgot the new Oddysey Mini kit (Pegasus Mini mod and Triton Mini tank)
    Count the days till Christmas!!
  • @Cegoca good point :) @watkijw I only upgraded to a VV in August! The wife's gonna love me :D
    @charlzrocks I do like the look of those
  • Haha, Charles has it right! Go for the Odyssey Mini! :D
  • @watkijw they've come a long way from the CE4 on a 650 mah battery I bought 18 months ago :D
  • Haha, no kidding. I started on those things 2 - 1/2 years ago but had trouble. I wish I could have started with a Nautilus back then! Vaping has come a long way, baby! :)>-
© 2017 Powered by Aspire