problems with aspire pegasus and triton tank

ok i have just change my coil and for some reason every time i click it changes the OHM number and for some reason the flavor is not 100% i am new to this so i do not know what i am doing wrong i followed all instructions for 3 weeks i have been using it no problem but i have switched two coils now and the metallic burnt taste is there and its a brand new coil its the black coil it says 0.4OHM when i had the original one pt in it was fine but as soon as i started changing because the first one was burnt out after 3 weeks i can not get it working 100% again i am screwing the coils in as tight as possible. please help
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you have the original automatic coil detection Pegasus, or the updated manual one?

If you have the original, the automatic test fire when you change tanks, or coils could be your problem. This post shows you how to stop this behaviour.
  • Old_Salt said:

Do you have the original automatic coil detection Pegasus, or the updated manual one?

If you have the original, the automatic test fire when you change tanks, or coils could be your problem. This post shows you how to stop this behaviour.

ok i am using the odyssey kit i just replaced my coil i do not have another tank so i tried the last method but when ever i click as soon as the aspire brand shows up it does not blank my screen and the problem is there and i found that the coil lets some vapor leak

• edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Did you buy your kit at a store, or on-line?

We need to know which of the Odyssey Kits you have. The old one or the new one. Did your kit come with the original Triton with a top Air Flow Control that you pull out to refill it (old kit), or do you need to unscrew the top (new kit) like this?

What was the original coil you took out of the Triton? Was it black 0.3Ω or 0.4Ω? Was it red? Was it blue?

What are you using, wattage mode or temperature control?

What settings are you using? What's the power in watts, or temperature shown on the display?

The black 0.4Ω coil you put in fires at 25-30 watts. If you use more power you'll get the burned taste and ruin the coil. You also need to prime the coil with liquid before you fire it. Put a drop of your liquid into each of the holes on the side of your coil. Put a few drops inside the top of the coil, on the screen. Put the coil in the tank, and fill the tank with your liquid. Let the tank sit for a few (about five) minutes so that the juice can soak the wick. Take a few puffs, without pressing the firing button.
  • i need
    Old_Salt said:

Did you buy your kit at a store, or on-line?

We need to know which of the Odyssey Kits you have. The old one or the new one. Did your kit come with the original Triton with a top Air Flow Control that you pull out to refill it (old kit), or do you need to unscrew the top (new kit) like this?

What was the original coil you took out of the Triton? Was it black 0.3Ω or 0.4Ω? Was it red? Was it blue?

What are you using, wattage mode or temperature control?

What settings are you using? What's the power in watts, or temperature shown on the display?

The black 0.4Ω coil you put in fires at 25-30 watts. If you use more power you'll get the burned taste and ruin the coil. You also need to prime the coil with liquid before you fire it. Put a drop of your liquid into each of the holes on the side of your coil. Put a few drops inside the
    top of the coil, on the screen. Put the coil in the tank, and fill the tank with your liquid. Let the tank sit for a few (about five) minutes so that the juice can soak the wick. Take a few puffs, without pressing the firing button.

i need to pull out the top to fill no screw on the top and it was the black 0.4 OHM and i used 30 watts never more the first coil lasted 3 weeks of all day use and i know how to prime my coils
  • OK, it sounds like you have the original Odyssey kit, with the original Triton, and automatic Pegasus. Your original 0.4Ω coil lasted three weeks, and when you replaced it with another properly primed 0.4Ω coil it burned the cotton immediately. You are firing the new coil at 30 watts, the same as you did with the original coil. You tried a second coil replacement, and that coil burned immediately as well. You tried clicking the fire button as soon as the Aspire brand showed up, but it it didn't blank your screen. Did you hold down the firing button, or just click it?

I'm sorry if the questions seem childish, but they're things we need to know to help you.

I'm going to ask someone else to step in here. I have the original Triton, but not the automatic Pegasus, so I can't help with those issues.

• i hold the button when the aspire brand shows up and it doesnt blank my screen its the only tank & mod i have so i cannot do any of the other methods that were recommended. with my first coil i never got the spitting of liquid into my mouth now with these the coil does it constantly as well the burning taste somewhat has left now i took the tank apart and tightened everything as much as possible but the ohm problem is still showing up.
  • Hmm, those are the same symptoms I was having with the RTA kit on the Triton, when it kept shorting out. A burnt, metallic taste would usually indicate a hot spot on the coil. The variation in resistance reading is hinting at a short to me.

@Mayed did you verify that the coils were authentic on the website? There are plenty of fakes out there that are not up to par.

The other thing you may want to try is switching to the .5 Ohm Atlantis coil. I have heard good things about that one. Or possibly the new Clapton coil. Everyone seems to like the Clapton. :)

Good luck - I hope you just got a bad batch of coils.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire