Poor Quality BVC Coils

I have been vaping for the last 5 years. For the last year or so I have been using an Aspire CF VV battery, a Nautilus Mini tank and 1.8 ohm coils. In the last few months, I have noticed a significant negative change in the overall quality of my vaping experience. My coils used to last 3-5 days before the taste and vapor production started to decline. Now, I am lucky if I can get 24 hours from a single coil before it starts to taste REALLY bad. At this point every hit tastes kind of like rubber. Nothing else has changed in my lineup- same battery, same tank, same coils, same liquid (Halo Cafe Mocha, 12mg), and I NEVER run my coil dry. Something changed with the coils somewhere along the line. I'm not sure if I have always used BVC coils, or if I started on something else because I do not remember seeing "BVC" stickers on the coil packaging I was originally using. Now my vape shop doesn't carry anything but the 1.6 and 1.8 ohm BVC coils so I don't really have anything to compare to.

It seems to me that either I was using some other coil design initially (I seem to recall that the coils I used originally were dual coil?) or the design of the BVC coil changed for the worse. I have read here on the forum that at some point the BVC coils were in fact changed to use a different filler, etc.

At any rate, I can't keep using these coils if I can't even get a full day out of them before they start to taste terrible, and I can't help but think that when the taste starts to go afoul that I am also inhaling who knows what kinds of terrible chemicals. I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong- these things are pretty straight forward and there aren't a ton of variables, so not sure what I could do any differently. No, it seems to me that the quality of the product has simply declined to a point that I can no longer justify using them, so I guess I am probably just on the market for a new brand.

By the way, I have also verified that the coils I am using are legitimate by checking the scratch off security code on the website.

Suggestions?
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Josh S. Even though I do not have and have never vaped on an Aspire Nautilus tank and do not have a good answer for you, I wanted to respond and ask the forum membership at large to respond in any way that they would feel helpful to your problem. Anybody.......? :-??
  • I thought I mentioned that in my original post, but I guess not. I run at 3.8v. If I run at 3.3, I get very weak, cool vapor. If I run above 3.8 I get a strong burnt taste. And sorry (I guess?) for writing a (too?) long post. I know, reading is hard.
    charlzrocksCegoca
  • And thank you both for your support !
    Good luck with your problem ...
  • Same issues here with my last order of coils, Burning WAY to hot and burning my juice, Went back to a coil from a earlier order and the issue is gone, Something is wrong with the new coils purchased Jan 13th from HoosierEcig.
  • How about the used voltage that is never mentionned in the 25 lines (too) long post ?
    Josh S.
  • Yeah , where ???
    Josh S. said:

I have been vaping for the last 5 years. For the last year or so I have been using an Aspire CF VV battery, a Nautilus Mini tank and 1.8 ohm coils. In the last few months, I have noticed a significant negative change in the overall quality of my vaping experience. My coils used to last 3-5 days before the taste and vapor production started to decline. Now, I am lucky if I can get 24 hours from a single coil before it starts to taste REALLY bad. At this point every hit tastes kind of like rubber. Nothing else has changed in my lineup- same battery, same tank, same coils, same liquid (Halo Cafe Mocha, 12mg), and I NEVER run my coil dry. Something changed with the coils somewhere along the line. I'm not sure if I have always used BVC coils, or if I started on something else because I do not remember seeing "BVC" stickers on the coil packaging I was originally using. Now my vape shop doesn't carry anything but the 1.6 and 1.8 ohm BVC coils so I don't really have anything to compare to.

It seems to me that either I was using some other coil design initially (I seem to recall that the coils I used originally were dual coil?) or the design of the BVC coil changed for the worse. I have read here on the forum that at some point the BVC coils were in fact changed to use a different filler, etc.

At any rate, I can't keep using these coils if I can't even get a full day out of them before they start to taste terrible, and I can't help but think that when the taste starts to go afoul that I am also inhaling who knows what kinds of terrible chemicals. I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong- these things are pretty straight forward and there aren't a ton of variables, so not sure what I could do any differently. No, it seems to me that the quality of the product has simply declined to a point that I can no longer justify using them, so I guess I am probably just on the market for a new brand.

By the way, I have also verified that the coils I am using are legitimate by checking the scratch off security code on the website.

Suggestions?

Josh S.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire