Aspire Pegasus 70W TC

I'm having problem with the mod. Whenever the battery is 50% (or lower) the Voltage output drops significantly. 3.89V when fully charged compare to 3.19V when low battery. I use it with Uwell Crown Tank and 0.5ohm coil. Anyone having this problem? Or I have to keep 3 or 4 batteries in order to replace frequently? :-<

P/s: the battery is Samsung 25R 18650 2500mah. :-<
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the 25R is a high drain battery. I have several of them, and they work great in mods with dual 18650s. But since this is a single battery, 70W mod, you will need a battery that can handle the drain. The Aspire 40 Amp works very well for that.

https://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-18650-battery40a1800mah-p-107.html
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The voltage drop you are seeing is normal. A battery has an internal resistance. As you draw more current from the battery, the voltage drops even more. Drop the power to your coil by half, and you'll see the voltage at the fully charged battery only drop to 4.05.

The Samsung INR 18650-25R is a great battery, but not for high current draws. A review of this battery can be found here.

I use them singly with the 1.8Ω coil in the Kamry 30W V2, and now the Pegasus V2. For higher power vaping, up to 50W I'll use two of them in my Sigelei 150W, or Smok X-Cube II. They last all day when used like this.

For more vaping power, you need a battery capable of delivering higher current. The go-to battery for many high power vapers is Aspire's 18650 Battery 40A 1800mAh. The initial poor reviews were due to misunderstandings by the reviewers. Mooch, the acknowledged king of battery reviews rates it as the equal of Sony's VTC4. Here's his review.
  • I use imren 3000mah batteries 40amp batteries in my Pegasus they seem to last awhile.
  • Appreciate every help here. I sent the device back to the seller for them to check it out. But I doubt it was the battery problem. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Really enjoy this device. :)
© 2017 Powered by Aspire