Nautilus Air Flow Mod

I bought a Nautilus Mini but felt that the air flow was a little low.
I did some searching and found others who have also noticed this on the standard Nautilus and they have modified their units.
I decided to give it a shot.

On You Tube there are videos on how to disassemble the tanks lower portion. They are for a Nautilus but also apply to the Mini.
I used the one where a knife is used to pry the sections apart.
It worked fine , you just have to be careful.

When I got it apart I found that the air flow adjust ring was different from the Nautilus which has the position spring on the inside of the ring. The mini has two of them at 90 degrees from the hole. Also they are on the flat top surface of the ring.

Be careful when taking it apart that you do not loose the two springs and caps. They are very small!!!

This sort of screwed me up as I wanted to put another hole at 90 degrees to the existing hole to improve the air flow but since I had it apart I figured I might as well give it a try.
I could not drill a hole through the ring, couldn’t even get it started.
Rather than give up I used a cut off wheel on my Dremel and cut down into one of the holes where a position spring went.
I did not cut right through the ring but about ¾ of the way through. Just deep enough and wide enough so that when the ring was place on the other part the largest hole was fully visible.

I then put the spring and it’s cap in that position but the cap blocks the air flow when depress so I left that position empty.

I did install the other spring and locator cap.

Clean up any burrs on the inside and flat surface of the adjust ring.

I then put the unit back together. A little spit helps hold the spring and the locator cap in place.

It still clicks into the positions with just the one spring assy.

The air flow is now greatly improved especially at the 3 and 4 position and is still adjustable.
You get holes 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 4 and 1.
I do not think you could get much more air through this atomizer as the hole size in the coil limits it.
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just a comment on my take on doing this.

"I can not recommend that you modify any Aspire tank as first it voids any warranty on the tank"
    I was not concerned about warranty because the way the tank was I would not have used it so it would have ended up being thrown away or sitting in a drawer somewhere gathering dust

"could cause the tank to malfunction and/or short out."
    Sorry but I do not see how this could happen.
    Mind you I could have screwed something up taking it apart.

I still think it's risky.
    I agree with you it was risky but now I have a tank that still has adjustable air flow and allows air flow that is much closer to the maximum air flow allowed by the atomizer.
    charlzrocks
  • I can not recommend that you modify any Aspire tank as first it voids any warranty on the tank and could cause the tank to malfunction and/or short out. Although I do find your method interesting, I still think it's risky. :-? [-(
  • I agree with charlz. :-?
  • All users have different vaping needs and expectations and your explanations are valid. I am glad it all worked out for you! :-bd
© 2017 Powered by Aspire