The future of vaping... Could be non-existent?

I don't know how many of you know, but the FDA is currently in the process of destroying vaping as we know it. They are working on a set of regulations that would make it so only pre-2007 style products will be able to be sold without being FDA approved, so all vaping companies will have to file for FDA approval for each product they have sold. That means each tank or dripper a company makes, each mod a company makes, and each flavor a company makes would need to file for approval separately. So small juice companies that have 20 flavors in 4 different nicotine amounts would have to file for approval on every nicotine content of every juice! The amount of time required to get one product FDA approved is equivalent to one individual working 5000 hours in a year. Getting one product FDA approved also costs thousands of dollars. These regulations will kill e-juice companies, and we don't be getting new tank and dripper systems at the rate we are, along with our fancy box mods! Only about 1% of vape companies are big enough to handle these regulations and not get destroyed.
The CASAA has issued a call to action, urging all vapers to email their state representatives and the president telling them to support HR 2058, a bill that would stop the FDA from banning 99% of vapor products! In the link below, they have a system that you can use to send an email to the president and your state representatives easily, and even has the number for the white house, along with some talking points in case you don't know what words to use. PLEASE, I BEG ALL OF YOU, go to the site and email your state reps! Register to vote, and vote yes to HR 2058! If you care at all about being able to vape, you must do all you can to prevent the FDA from putting these regulations into effect! FIGHT, OR LOSE YOUR RIGHT!!!
http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html?m=1
watkijw
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • CASAA Update - 10.29.15 for Thursday and it's not too late to take action on Calling the White House today!!

Yesterday (10/28/15), tens of thousands of harm reduction advocates took to the phone lines urging President Obama to demand that the FDA reconsider the damage that will be caused by implementing the current draft of their tobacco deeming regulations. There were so many people calling in that many of you were unable to get through.

Well, it’s perfectly reasonable for you to try again today.

● WHITE HOUSE: (202) 456-1111
    ● ALTERNATE NUMBER: (202) 456-1414

If you call and the line is busy, please take a moment to call your US Representative and urge them to support HR 2058. The talking points are relatively the same, just be sure to mention the bill.

----
    TALKING POINTS for Calling - (White House):

● I am calling to urge President Obama to protect consumer choice and demand that the FDA re-work its Tobacco Deeming Regulations so that the existing wide variety of e-cigarette and vapor products can remain on the market.
    ● As written, the FDA’s proposed e-cigarette regulations will remove 99.9% of vapor products from the market.

● Please briefly share your personal story about switching to vapor products. Make sure to include any improvements in health you have experienced or, perhaps, that your doctor has observed. If the variety of flavors are important to you, be sure to mention that too.

● Thank you. I hope we can count on the President to protect adult access to these life-saving products.

------

TAKE MORE ACTION BY GOING TO CASAA WEBSITE - http://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/write-a-letter?8&engagementId=101154
    watkijw
  • Excellent information. I followed through on this through CASAA a couple weeks ago.

I urge any Americans to do the same, and voice your opinion. Your deadline is today!!!
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Just because this is happening in the USA does not mean citizens of other countries will not feel the effects. You don't have to be American to help. Anyone with a dot com e-mail address should do so as well. The USA is an acknowledged world leader, and many other countries will follow their lead on this.

If you value your current freedom to vape, and buy the supplies you need - take action now!
  • @MajikZac I saw another news from another forum said that the youth protection group wrote a letter to Obama ,they said that the e-cig should be forbidden in USA.
    I don't know if this is truth or just a rumour
  • Great information thanks.
  • @Old_Salt Good point, this will definitely affect the business as a whole. The links on CASAA will direct you to your state representative to give more wieght to your comments as a voter, but anyone can show support. :)
© 2017 Powered by Aspire