Dearest Tina, Re: The New Pegasus mod

So I have been checking the forums now and then over the past few weeks and was quite interested in the rumors of an updated (useable) Pegasus mod, and also a fixed Triton tank (I had not bought the original due to all the negative remarks).

I received my Pegasus through the 3 day giveaway you held when it first came out, so I got the box, charging cable & dock for a reduced price, which was great. However, you guys quickly and quietly snuck in the TC mode before shipping. I hadn't bothered with TC before and I just thought it was an added feature that I probably wouldn't use right away, but that it wouldn't impact my high ohm vaping.

As you are well aware that was not the case. The 4 second fire EVERY time you changed battery or tank/coil burned almost everything I put on the Pegasus. I had purchased a nice Nitecore charger and extra batteries in anticipation of getting this. After 4 days I took the battery out of the Pegasus, plopped it in the charging stand (still charged into the back of my pc), and pushed it to the back of my desk. I haven't touched it since.

Normally I wouldn't even bother writing on the forum, I would just order the new Pegasus and consider the first purchase something to forget about. $70 isn't that much after all. The problem is that my rational brain is stopping me from doing that. I know the original TC Pegasus was rushed and poorly thought out and I am certainly not blaming you.

But, on good faith I paid Aspire in advance for a box mod that was delivered weeks after it was supposed to be. I understand that Aspire thought it would be great to keep the TC hush, hush as a treat, but for the customers it just came across as you had our money, we'll send you something at some point. Furthermore, the box I ordered perfectly fit in with my vaping practices, but what was shipped to me was a mod that had optional TC, but that 'option' negatively impacted my use of the Pegasus on a daily basis. If the Pegasus 1 didn't have TC I am very confident it would have been the mod I used for everything. But with the poorly integrated TC it is just another desk ornament I dust every few days.

So...

Will the people who pre-purchased (those that did NOT know about the TC feature in advance) be given a chance to return their Pegasus / giveaway Pegasus kit with cable and dock / Odyssey kit at ASPIRE'S cost and have those items replaced? For instance, for myself, I saw the new Pegasus page and although the charging cable looks the same the charging stand looks different (the orientation of the slot for the Pegasus in regards to the cable plug on the stand, and the Pegasus slot has a striped pattern which the original does not) so I assume I would be needing the new stand.

Please let me know what Aspire management has decided to do about this, if anything.

A seperate question. I had mentioned that I was quite keen to finally get a Triton tank now that they have been updated. It looks great and I like the fact that it comes apart. Does it really hold less juice than the original Triton? I loathe small capacity tanks. And, If it is smaller will you guys be making an extender and larger glass tube for those that like bigger tanks, as you did with the original Atlantis?

Thank you for reading through this and help you can offer.

Peace & Happiness

Peace & Happiness,
charlzrocksJoel360Southy321Viruk
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Tina,

Is there any chance that Aspire will comment on this any time soon, or are we just sweeping it under the rug...

If there will be no consideration by Aspire for loyal customers who were mislead into pre-purchasing the Pegasus mod, only to receive a product that was 'not as advertised' (and NOT in a good way), then so be it. I still love the concept of the Pegasus, and REALLY love the fixes to the Triton and would purchase them right now, but I want to make sure I am not throwing money away if Aspire does decide to take care of their customers who pre-ordered a simple box mod and ended up with the unasked for temperature control feature that broke the entire Pegasus.

I noticed on the New Products forum your post on the Triton 2 is titled 'New Product', implying the original was fine but you made a few changes based on customer feedback and released a newer version, but will still sell both. The post on the Pegasus however is titled 'Pegasus Mod Updated' which implies Aspire agrees it was a failed product, hastily programmed, and that in order to continue selling it changes needed to be made. This just cements the fact that there should be some recourse for the early adopters of the Pegasus to get a mod that actually works.

I also noticed that all the components to re-create my dream kit are on the sales website, except the new charging dock with the micro usb rotated 45 degrees. It only shows up on the press realease page: Updated Pegasus mod, will that be added to the sales site soon? And lastly, will there be a new Triton 2 accessories page before the tanks ship? I usually like to get a couple of replacement parts in advance.

Peace & Happiness
    Southy321charlzrocks
  • @Munroebagger @woodbar @charlzrocks @Tina

First of all. @Munroebagger - Great OP.

I saw this original post and i also waited with "baited breath" as to how Aspire would respond; like their emails it is unfortunately ignored. I like many other paid good money (well £67.99p for the Odyssey Kit, Plus the charging dock £14.99p) and i now have a paperweight due to the 4 second firing. The Triton 1 is impossible to clean. This is obviously a lesson learned for others not to purchase goods from a company that does not return emails and most shockingly of all does not respond on their own forums to grievances from consumers.

I have a nautilus and an Atlantis 1&2 and they are great products.

If this were a UK company you would be in front of many consumer programmes where the purchases would be on TV complaining about your lack of customer service and lets face it a poor product.

I for one will never buy an Aspire product; i have also told my friends of what has transpired, in turn they shall advise their friends etc etc.

You will lose business if you just produce poor, ill thought out and untested products.

As said above, its a disgrace how a lot of people have been treated over this saga.

Regards

Madboy
    charlzrocksSouthy321
  • @Tina I think you might want to address the above two posts if you are able :-B
    Southy321
  • woodbar said:

@Munroebagger I doubt they will reply. I have made many very similar requests, although not put quite so eloquently, and the only response I have got is absolute silence!

Even requests direct to CS and also the contact facility on "My account" page have got absolutely zero response. I see their problem, they reply to some people with pure BS which is instantly recognised as such so mainly they just ignore the problem. If they admit the problems then an awful lot of people are going to want recompense or replacements.

Perhaps we should be grateful that we have paid good money to participate in the Aspire beta test program for the Triton and Pegasus allowing them to produce better products for the vaping community whilst forgetting all about us!

Excuse me for trying to help draw attention to the post for @Tina. If just jumping on this bandwagon makes you feel better, go for it. Problem is that it takes away from what the OP is trying to get across. What I find gets the attention of a forum member is to not only mention their name but make sure it is addressed as for example: @Munroebagger or @woodbar - now that the "@" is in with the name it will go to your "notifications" or to your email if you have selected that option and you will know about the post without having to consult all the posts in the forum. Other than that, I am staying out of this discussion. Have a nice weekend. :D
    watkijw
  • @Munroebagger I doubt they will reply. I have made many very similar requests, although not put quite so eloquently, and the only response I have got is absolute silence!

Even requests direct to CS and also the contact facility on "My account" page have got absolutely zero response. I see their problem, they reply to some people with pure BS which is instantly recognised as such so mainly they just ignore the problem. If they admit the problems then an awful lot of people are going to want recompense or replacements.

Perhaps we should be grateful that we have paid good money to participate in the Aspire beta test program for the Triton and Pegasus allowing them to produce better products for the vaping community whilst forgetting all about us!
    Southy321charlzrocks
  • .......and still no reply - hate to say "I told you so"

It's just a shame that customers with genuine unanswered grievances seem only to get criticism from the "Aspire is wonderful" club and ignored by Aspire CS.

Actually, it's not a shame, it is a disgrace!
    charlzrocksMadboy
© 2017 Powered by Aspire