Aspire Updated the Pegasus mod

Introducing the Pegasus TC manual edition. The Pegasus delivers power up to 70 watts in REG mode with temperature control in a sleek and classy device that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The manual edition delivers the same functionality as the original Pegasus but with all the settings defined by the user. It supports Kanthal, Nickel, and Titanium atomizers.
Wattage Output:1.0W-70W(in REG mode)
Resistance Parameters: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm(in REG mode) 0.2ohm-3.0ohm(in BYPASS mode)
Voltage Output:0.50V-8.50V

To know more detailed information about aspire updated Pegasus mod,please click here:aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod220.html

If customers want to buy the updated Pegasus mod,please click here:online.aspirecig.com/aspire-pegasus-mod-upgraded3-colors-optionaldeliver-in-the-late-october-p-155.html

Comments
  • 57 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • All the suggestions here are all fine and dandy. But the fact is Aspire isn't going to buy back the stock that's shipped, you likely cannot return it to the vendor, and Aspire isn't doing anything for customers that have the flawed v1 Pegasus.

I believe a firmware update for existing owners is completely reasonable with a GIANT disclaimer that if you break the mod during the upgrade (failed flash) that Aspire takes zero responsibility to replace or offer support.

This would fix our problems, and wash their hands of a poor product. As it stands now, I'm not going to be purchasing any more products from them unless they do offer something.

Shame really, I've been a fan of many of their products
    MpowerVirukSouthy321
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up2Vote Down
    Glad to hear Aspire corrected issues with Pegasus. Sad thing is that v1 owners are not able to enjoy these features. I personally own v1 Pegasus and only thing bothering me is the automatic 3 sec coil test. I use RTAs and RDAs with kanthal coils and whenever using about 1 ohm coils the cotton wick suffers a lot during this test. This is not issue with sub ohm setups. I think Aspire made fantastic job with the look and feel of the Pegasus but the software spoiled it. I really like the idea of adjustment gear. It is much more nicer and more usable than buttons but the increment should be 0,5 ohm instead, preferably 0,1 ohm.

Summa sumarum. I kind of think I got fooled with this product. As plain vw mod it would have been more than good device but this auto TC feature ruined it. Thank god I don't use prebuild coils because it would get quite expensive.

P.S. Upgradable firmware would bring this and future devices to next level ;)

P.s.s. I would be ready to pay some extra to get my Pegasus upgraded. I know that some manufacturers sell chipsets separately as spares/upgrades.
    Southy321pia
  • Great news !

now how can we update our first-buyers-first-batch-Pegasus to have the missing functions ? :-/
  • It would be awfully nice to let us do the update. It's just a firmware change, I don't believe you changed any hardware. I'm not upgrading two of my mods, especially at full price.
    Southy321
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @pia Perhaps the firmware could be upgraded at the factory or a regional repair facility for a nominal fee. I don't know if this is even possible, but it is worth pursuing.
    Southy321
  • If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, take it back to the retailer for a refund.
    @HASupport81
  • I love Aspires tanks and bvc coils... I've got the sub g, isub apex, nautilus standard and mini, and the triton that came with the Pegasus kit (and the charging dock)
    I just feel so 'miffed' that the tc on the Pegasus is buggy, and that I'd have to purchase the mkII version instead of being offered a replacement.
    My retailer is not aware of any issues with the Pegasus, and neither is his supplier? Perhaps Aspire could make suppliers/retailers aware of this??
  • @Tina I think what everyone wants is for Aspire to "make it right".

You've already stated that the firmware cannot be upgraded.

Is there a way Aspire could work out a deal with a repair facility/supplier/distributor. I'm sure many people would be willing to pay shipping and a small fee to have them "upgraded" with the additional parts. Hell you guys could even throw in a few coils and start improving your public image a bit...

I'm curious how different the software actually is, has anyone had the chance to pull one of these apart? Hesitant to try with mine, but if someone has a shelfed unit and could post a couple pictures(if there aren't any on the forum already, sorry I'm new and DID search) I'd love to see what type of options we have for a bit of DIY.
  • I have to admit I'd be unhappy if I spent full price on the Pegasus - but I stand by my assertion that it is a fantastic, but flawed mod.

I "popped" a cheap dripper with the 30w pulse and then decided I wouldn't use my nautilus tanks on the Pegasus at all. Now I just use Triton tanks and RDAs on my Pegasus mods.

@gloriouscult I don't think Aspire are making the original Triton or Pegasus at all any more; I think the limitations have been resolved with the revised products...
    charlzrocks
  • Wow.... and forum moderators erased my post, all I said was that Aspire should offer a firmware upgrade to v1 users with a VERY large disclaimer that if the update bricks your mod, they take no liability, and you flash at your own risk.
    Southy321
  • They won't do a firmware upgrade. Are you kidding me? Thanks for selling me half a mod, Aspire!

I like your coils, but have since bought a new mod and won't use your tanks anymore. I'm going to use up the rest of your coils I have left and never buy another one of your products again. There are too many other companies that actually take care of their customers! Look at what Innokin did with their Endura mod. It was faulty, so they did a recall and you can get a brand new one in the mail. Take notes from them Aspire!

Aspire = FAIL
    Southy321
  • ImWarped said:

All the suggestions here are all fine and dandy. But the fact is Aspire isn't going to buy back the stock that's shipped, you likely cannot return it to the vendor, and Aspire isn't doing anything for customers that have the flawed v1 Pegasus.

I believe a firmware update for existing owners is completely reasonable with a GIANT disclaimer that if you break the mod during the upgrade (failed flash) that Aspire takes zero responsibility to replace or offer support.

This would fix our problems, and wash their hands of a poor product. As it stands now, I'm not going to be purchasing any more products from them unless they do offer something.

Shame really, I've been a fan of many of their products

all is said. What is Aspire definitive answer ?

Southy321
  • hello Nick242,
    when in TC mode,the wattage will rest according to different temperature.
    SomJura
  • I have an issue with the Odyssey Kit, just bought it.

When I put in the Ni 0.15 ohm coil it reads it as 0.3 ohm in temperature control mode.
    This seems to be a software bug !!!!

Since, when I pull out the battery and press the power button on inserting the battery while "Aspire" is displayed it reads the correct value of 0.15 ohm!!
  • Lots of things coming out great job on the updated Pegasus awesome job
  • Already available (with the "new" tag) ?
  • Are the first ones firmware upgradable?
  • Great update, and thank you for separating Nickel and Titanium TC functions.
  • Cool and they even give you the choice of farenheit or celcius
  • Great update. Can we update our v1 versions? ?
  • PLEASE tell me the original Pegasus is firmware upgradeable. I have two of the things and I have no intention of buying the updated version, but it would be very nice if we could update what we have.
  • @Tina Are these shipping now? I noticed the images on the Pegasus page are marked new :)
  • Good job Aspire! Can we upgrade the V1 Pegasus?
  • Dear All,
    Sincerely thank you for giving your support.
    The function of the updated Pegasus is the same as the original one,we listen to customers suggestion,we just change the operation interface,
    Before,the Pegasus can confirm the material of the coil automaticly and change from TC mode to Wattage mode,Now users change the using mode by themselves according to the material of the coil.
    At present,we can not achieve the update through App,the original Pegasus can not be updated.But in future,we will try our best to achieve this kind suggestion,hope in future,users can update the battery through App,users can download the software and update it through computer.

Best Wish
  • Thank you for the info maybe the engineers can figure out an update.
  • Well done, but why does wattage still only have increments of whole watts? Juices can change flavour with wattage changes of 0.1 - 0.2W so I am mystified at this.

Now, what steps are being taken to allow owners of Pegasus V1s to upgrade to the current version in view of the omissions and shortcomings of V1 model?

As long as the upgrade cost is reasonable many of us would go for this, so that we can own an Aspire product worthy of our money and the company name, which is hardly the case with the pre-update Pegasus, which seems to have been launched in haste and with software which is at best ill conceived.

• I agree with trekker308 above.... I would be prepared to pay a reasonable/nominal sum to have my Pegasus v1 upgraded, somehow.... Though in this day and age, it does seem remarkable that such a device is not user firmware upgradeable - especially with what appears to be a relatively straightforward update.....

Tina / Aspire, PLEASE, this is something you really need to address for all your customers who eagerly supported you by purchasing the (obviously rush-released) original version.

If you ignore your customer base and just expect us all to meekly go out and buy the whole new upgraded Pegasus, just mere weeks later, then frankly, that sucks. There are plenty of other devices on the market, so if I was to go buy another mod now, it will not be a "new Pegasus" :-(

But if you come up with a "procedure" for us to reasonably upgrade what we've got, I'd be happy.

Please take us seriously. Thank you.
  • all is said above, what are we supposed to do with our V1 Pegasus and their obvious problems (coils burnt/30W "test") ?

Please Aspire (or perhaps @Demi or @Tina ?) give us an answer!

Was about to buy one or two Tritons V2 but i won't till the 3 Pegasus I own are not upgraded! I can not even sell them as they most appear as a prototype to the final (actual) Pegasus and then have no value :((
  • @Old_Salt Exactly WHY should anyone have to pay, even a nominal fee, to put right an item that was delivered from the manufacturer not as described and also unfit for purpose?
  • You may have a point, but only if someone ordered the Pegasus before Aspire announced it was adding TC for units already on order. At that stage folks had the opportunity to cancel their order. If they didn't cancel, they implied that they were happy to receive the TC enhanced version instead of the VW only model.

When someone orders 'bleeding edge' technology, without waiting for reviews, they sometimes bleed. I can name several well-known companies that have released products previous employers have bled for. Sometimes the products could be repaired, sometimes not. Never were the products replaced. Folks buy 'bleeding edge' products at their own risk.

I think the only people who were satisfied with the original Pegasus were those who wanted it solely for TC. Suitability was never guaranteed for any given purpose. No one thought to ask how automatic coil detection was implemented. There was never a satisfaction guarantee.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire