Check out these photos of the new Triton 2 tank!

As you can see it looks Great!
ElGribo
triton2.jpg
5472 x 3648 - 2M
triton21.JPG
5472 x 3648 - 2M
Comments
  • 49 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up2Vote Down

Let's start positive. It appears that the tank can be easily disassembled for cleaning.
    I'd like to know if the top AFC is still there, the images don't show it.
    Are all the previous coils, including the RTA, compatible with the V2?
    Have the leakage problems been addressed?

It doesn't have the elegant look of the V1. Is Aspire considering replacement tanks to dress it up?

I'd like to test one prior to release for Aspire. Results would go directly to Aspire, and not be discussed without their express approval. I'll pay for shipping
    smw6181Viruk
  • Now that would be supporting their customers - providing a trade in upgrade package for people who bought the Mk 1 beta test units of the Triton and Pegasus! What a good idea.

After all it could be the case that all the reports of leaks, flooding, bad taste, voltage drop, burnt coils, inability to switch modes etc. etc. have given Aspire the insight and huge testing program to hopefully now produce versions which are actually fit for purpose and able to be used by your average vapor Joe who has not got a degree in mechanical engineering, electronics etc. Oh, and they have also made a nice profit while undertaking this beta test - nice idea!

The bottom line advice for any would be purchaser is NEVER buy the first release of any product from Aspire - just wait a few months, look at the reviews, then maybe decide if you want to buy the V2!

We have seen that most people with genuine concerns about thes products are either ignored by Aspire support or they receive the standard responses regarding - let it stand, prime your coils, adjust your juice ratio, use higher watts, use lower watts, learn how to vape, we are unable to reproduce this fault, blah, blah.

Alternatively, you will get other responses from users who just can't believe Aspire could make an ill-conceived, poorly functioning product, because the ones they have are absolutely wonderful, so you MUST be an idiot or have 2 left hands if you don't agree that the sun shines out of............... use your imagination! What is really insulting is that often these responses are just a statement- often with no helpful suggestions or possible fixes because it is just not possible, in their view, that it could be a faulty design and/or rushed to market before being properly tested. I will let you decide whether these responses have some sort of bias applied.
    ElGribodrysprocket
  • @woodbar +1 I totally, absolutely agree. Aspire has given us some wonderful products (theNautilus, the Atlantis), while some of the later goods seem to be riddled by a number of problems, probably due to products being rushed out from the engineering department straight into production without proper testing. I still hope Aspire can learn the lesson and will change their approach.

Meanwhile I suggest that everyone buys from a vendor who offers some kind of real warranty policy - even if this often means a higher price - and just return any goods that are not fit for the intended purpose.
    Old_Saltdrysprocket
  • I like the indent in the heat sink fins...makes it easier to turn for the top airflow. However in those images I no longer see a top airflow. Did they remove it, or it's just not visible in the images?
    charlzrocks
  • smw6181 said:

I like the indent in the heat sink fins...makes it easier to turn for the top airflow. However in those images I no longer see a top airflow. Did they remove it, or it's just not visible in the images?

Good question, I don't see it either....hmmmm.....will have to get back to you on that one! :)]
    smw6181
  • I like what I am seeing here if it means we can disassemble the tank for easier cleaning. Knowing Aspire, there will be options to "dress" up the tank a bit with stylized sleeves like they've done with their other tanks. Lets hope that there is an option for Ti or possibly stainless steel coils along with the usual Kanthal and Ni200. I personally hope they do away with the drip tip airflow but it's hard to tell from these photos. I've never found a use for it other than to cool your vapor while killing some of the flavor but to each their own.
    charlzrocks
  • Very nice! I assume it will use the current Triton/Atlantis coils? It looks like the wicking holes have been redesigned to help with flooding issues, and it can now be easily disassembled for cleaning. Thank you Aspire for listening to your consumers!

@xdipper I believe the current .3 and .4 Ohm coils are currently Stainless Steel. But I second your vote for Titanium coils!

Thank you @charlzrocks for the sneak peek. Let us know if you get any updates on the Pegasus! :D
    charlzrocks
  • Sorry, just saw the Pegasus update on the other thread. One last item, any updates on the RTA? I would love to see that redesigned as well. Thanks!!
    charlzrocks
  • I'm not yet at liberty to discuss the specifics of this tank, however... I c an tell you that I think you will be quite happy.
    charlzrocks
  • It looks good hopefully it works a little better than the first one. Still love the V1.
    Old_Salt
  • Looks like they simplified this one. =D>
    charlzrocks
  • @charlzrocks yes thanks for the sneak peek that's awesome. I can't wait for the Pegasus update hopefully it's going to be dual batteries.
    :D
    charlzrocks
  • Guess What? Here are some more pics!!

Viruk
    1.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 164K
    2.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 263K
    3.jpg
    5472 x 3648 - 2M
    clapton coil.jpg
    4208 x 2368 - 1M
    1.jpg 163.7K
    2.jpg 263.3K
    3.jpg 2.2M
  • Also the topfilling has changed.
    charlzrocks
    2.jpg
    1264 x 711 - 62K
    2.jpg 61.9K
  • OMG, are they going to offer a stock Clapton coil???
    charlzrocks
  • @Tina @charlzrocks or whoever: The new design looks promising. However, from what I can see from those pictures, please PLEASE P.L.E.A.S.E do make sure that there is something, anything, that would prevent the contents of the tank to be put under pressure when screwing the top filling cap back in place. If the contents of the tank are under pressure, the juice will leak through the coil. I have seen this happen with quite a few tanks. Really.

I suspect that this may exactly be the reason for the leak problem with the current Triton as well, even though I have not tested it. But I have done my reading and have some experience with other tanks. If I am not mistaken, The Vape/Fill selector on the upper part closes the holes around the coil, right? So, if any pressure inside the tank builds when the upper cap is being screwed back on after refill, switching the selector back to Vape only opens a way for the pressure to escape through the coil, forcing the liquid through, out to the base.

The selector should therefore be designed in a different way, e.g. it can open/close a small hole on TOP of the tank so that any pressurized air can escape through the TOP hardware where no liquid can be expected under normal circumstances (i.e. the tank sits upright on a mod).

Please, do give this comment some serious consideration and do some thorough testing before releasing the new model. I am trying to help because I love your products and would frankly hate to see your reputation slowly ruined.
    charlzrocks
  • @ElGribo I am sure that Aspire has done their homework with this one. We do appreciate your concerns regarding the new release. I can't wait to get my dirty little fingers on one! This is gonna be fun! :D
    ElGribo
  • @ElGribo I'm sorry but my sources are classified. If I told you, I would have to make you vape 24mg marshmallow fluff with pizza and bacon ejuice with car battery wires clamped to ........well........... use your imagination! @-) X_X :-\"
    smw6181
  • What, a Triton 2 already? Clapton coil? wow. These guys are fast. Hopefully they make a Pegasus 2 that doesn't have insane voltage drop
    charlzrocks
  • @smw6181, Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Hope you like the pictures.
    smw6181
  • @drysprocket I do not own a Triton myself, partially beacuse of all the negative indicators I have seen on this forum. The visit rank of the "Triton leakage" is more than telling, so I think you are right - there is a problem with that tank. There are some that claim they have no leaks and a bunch of others who see that happen quite regularly....so at least it is more than understandable to assume that the tank is not really reliable or foolproof if you like. And it should be, not all vapers are tech gurus, exactly the opposite, they are ordinary people who want to fill, vape and forget about anything else apart from occasional coil exchange.

That's generally all I wanted to say to support your view, me being an unbiased non-Tritoner. What seems strange is the top fill leak you ave very day. Could you perhaps describe how exactly this happens...I mean e.g. overnight? Does the tank sit upright and still it happens? In your pocket? Temperature changes? I am really curious as I would think that the weakest spot on every tank, through which the juice would leak, is the holes/cotton in the coil.
    drysprocket
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    Old_Salt said:

When a company, such as Aspire, designs a new and innovative product, they also design new test methods and quality control procedures for it. Some of the problems a new and innovative device encounters will be missed by the new test methods and quality control procedures. Those problems will only show up once the device hits the market. What do you think the consumer response would be if Aspire were to do a limited production run for consumer testing (beta test) prior to a general release? I personally think this would create more problems than it solves.

Thanks for the response. I certainly hope that any new products get some testing prior to their release. However, judging from the apparent problems many people have with the Triton (leaks) and (maybe) the Pegasus (TC mode, overfiring phase) I suspect that at least the testing part leaves a lot to be desired...you know, the real usage by the average Joe the vaper (as somebody put it). Maybe I am wrong and all the people who have the problems are just treating their stuff in an unexpected manner...

Anyway, you are right in pointing out that purchasing of a new innovative product carries the risk of being a sort of a beta tester. And that together with the extent of beta testing (everybody participates) is imho the problem....some of the deficiencies should have been sorted out by a closed group of aspire beta testers. Aren't there many fans on the forum who would gladly participate? Would this create any problems apart from delaying the new product?

And frankly - I can't see what exactly is so innovative about the Triton. Maybe the possibilty to close the chimney slots...but apparently this does not prevent the leak (the possible reason I have described elsewhere) so it may well be useless. Everything else we have seen before on other tanks...even the coils :-)

I admit that I do not have enough inside information on how Aspire prepares and releases new gear. I just have a bad feeling that the process is too rushed and people don't get the responses they deserve when there seems to be a general problem with a particular product.

EDIT: +1 for the last part I did not quote. Yeah, wait for the reviews from general public before you buy :-) But shhhh, lets keep this secret else everyone will wait :-))))
    drysprocket
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @ElGribo Thank you for your comment, it is nice to know that there are some others of the sam opinion rather than the "take it back, your choice, mine is wonderful" brigade that sit on the forum all day and pounce on anyone that says anything contrary to their view.

In answer to some of the other repetitive suggestions, if you actually bothered to read my previous posts you would know (an indeed do know) :

I BOUGHT DIRECT FROM ASPIRE IN CHINA AND THEY HAVE TOTALLY IGNORED MY REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT OR TO RETURN THESE ITEMS

Is that plain enough?

So where do I actually get this wonderful customer support from?
    drysprocket
  • As @Old_Salt stated, problems are what the warranty is for. If you can't follow the warranty claims procedure, then you can't blame the manufacturer although you continue to do so. When I have a problem with a device (and yes I've had a few) the device goes directly back to the place of purchase for problem resolution or return for refund. If you can convince ANY manufacturer to do a buyback/tradeup on a upgraded version, then they are really not going to be in business very long. For instance when a new iPhone comes out....well.....good luck! $-)

A prime example of my point made above, I can follow warranty procedures, it is Aspire that can not obviously, so YES I can blame them.

We are not talking about iphones, cars, electric cycles here, this is a vaping forum concerned with Aspire products! But as you raised the point, Apple quite quickly bring out a firmware fix for bugs in their phones, just like we could have on the Pegasus, Oh, hang on we can't as it wont talk down the USB, unlike many other mods.

Perhaps we should just stick to comparing apples with apples eh?

I am starting to wonder just how much certain posters get paid for their continuous unfaltering blind faith in thes latest flawed products? Perhaps it's free coils and tanks for life?

Yes, lots of Aspire products are great, well engineered and of good performance but that does not include the Triton and Pegasus.

drysprocket
  • @woodbar I never noticed that you bought straight from aspire and if (well, not "if" as I have no reason to doubt your statements so lets consider the word as a figure of speech) the whole story is true, it is a very sad and shameful thing indeed.

Personally I buy online in China (or abroad in general) only things that, if defective, will not cost me much. I shop online for more expensive goods exclusively within my country or in brick-and-mortar places knowing that I can find the guy who sold me crappy product and take legal action should the need arise. Sorry, I am not gonna make myself ripe for harvest easily :-) If the product is okay, I happily pay the guy the few extra bucks to keep his store running.

To be honest, my 8 Nautili and one Atlantis 2 actually work great but that does not mean the same is true for other people using them in a different manner. The same with my mods - VaporFlask, Eleaf 100W and Joyetech Evic...and Sigelei Mini as well though this one has crappy metal connector threading which is now barely able to hold a tank in place :-/
    drysprocket
  • @woodbar
    woodbar said:

I am starting to wonder just how much certain posters get paid for their continuous unfaltering blind faith in thes latest flawed products? Perhaps it's free coils and tanks for life?

I have received one free classic hollowed-out sleeve for the Triton by winning a contest writing a review for the Triton. That's it. That's all. I have received no coils or other consideration from Aspire for what I have written either here or elsewhere.

I have had the experience of buying clone replacement coils. Mine were, as others have noted, worthless.

I have had the experience of buying expensive equipment overseas, only to find it didn't work or didn't meet my needs. I usually, but not always, have had the option of returning it, at my cost. Several times the cost of returning the item was higher than purchasing another, so I did not exercise my option. I have known the frustration you feel, and don't fault you for it.
    smw6181
  • xdipper said:

I like what I am seeing here if it means we can disassemble the tank for easier cleaning. Knowing Aspire, there will be options to "dress" up the tank a bit with stylized sleeves like they've done with their other tanks. Lets hope that there is an option for Ti or possibly stainless steel coils along with the usual Kanthal and Ni200. I personally hope they do away with the drip tip airflow but it's hard to tell from these photos. I've never found a use for it other than to cool your vapor while killing some of the flavor but to each their own.

I agree about the top AFC but I haven't heard if it's there or gone as of right now....when I know....so will you all!
  • watkijw said:

Very nice! I assume it will use the current Triton/Atlantis coils? It looks like the wicking holes have been redesigned to help with flooding issues, and it can now be easily disassembled for cleaning. Thank you Aspire for listening to your consumers!

@xdipper I believe the current .3 and .4 Ohm coils are currently Stainless Steel. But I second your vote for Titanium coils!

Thank you @charlzrocks for the sneak peek. Let us know if you get any updates on the Pegasus! :D

I am sure it will use the same coils as the original. Nothing in the way of an updated RTA at this time, sorry.

I will keep everyone in the loop! :)]
  • @charlzrocks Thanks mate, I hope aspire did learn from the problems that apparently trouble many of those who bought Triton I. Where did your dirty lil fingers dig those pics from? :-)
© 2017 Powered by Aspire