Triton problems

I just bought a Triton tank 4 days ago, and it leaked like hell when I used the pre-fitted 0.4ohm coil. I changed it for a new coil - a 0.3ohm, and the leaking seems to have stopped. However, it's still popping and spitting real bad, and the juice is either burning my tongue or ending up down my throat. I'm using a 50/50 VG/PG liquid and an Eleaf iStick 50W mod. Anyone got any solutions for a newbie sub-ohm vaper?
Comments
  • 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Old_Salt @charlzrocks apologies for delayed update. So this weekend just gone, i dismantled an old bicycle tyre as you suggested and cut a strip to sit around the base of the Triton atop the Pegasus. Then i used a set of water pump pliers (best i could find in my toolbox) and with a decent, but not overly tight grip, turned it and ....the tank loosened. It was a great moment as i breathed a sigh of relief. I continued to unscrew the tank, cleaned it out (some dried juice) and lived happily ever after.

Thank you all so much for your help. I've definitely learnt my lesson.
    Virukcharlzrocks
  • @PrudoKing Try a strap wrench if you have one. If not, wrap a piece of rubber (old bicycle inner tube) around the base of the Triton, and try again by hand. If that won't work, leave the inner tube to protect the Triton and use a nut cracker or pair of slip-joint pliers to start it.
    charlzrocks
  • @dickiesview In general - use higher VG juice for sub ohm than you would for mouth to lung hits (and don't forget to drop that nicotine content either!)

I haven't used any of the 0.3 ohm coils for the triton yet - although I do have a pack here....
    I've been enjoying the 0.5 ohm Atlantis coils in my Triton tanks and I seem to have had less leaking using those. I've had some really good experiences with the 0.4 ohm triton coils (but a couple of bad experiences of leaking too - they are the minority of my experiences though).

There are quite a few posts about leaking on the forums here - have a read through those. But the shortest piece of advice I can give is make sure that everything is screwed down nice and tight - I found I had to go tighter than I expected to screw everything together

Have a read of https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/26885/aspire-triton-leakage/p1 and https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/26924/triton-leaking-problem-suggestion/p1 as there are lots of good points - there are other discussions too but those are two of the biggest with some great tips

Good luck :)
  • Run 80vg 20pg juice and it should stop.
  • Thanks guys. The leaking has completely disappeared with the new 0.3 Ohm coil I fitted. The spitting and popping is still a problem, but less so if I lower the output to 30W. I think I'll try an 80% VG juice next. I submitted a message to Aspire about the problems, and they have recommended I use an Atlantis coil if they persist.
  • @Viruk have screwed the Triton tank on to my Pegasus so tight i can't undo it now! Panicking!

Not sure if you've seen the Pegasus, but there really isn't much grip room between the Pegasus and the Triton's AFC.

I think my coil has another week in it at most, so no need to unscrew yet, but still panicking.
  • @PrudoKing This is what I suggest that you do. First, this is a LAST DITCH SOLUTION if you can't get the Triton off by hand, and we are not responsible for what might happen to the tank! Remove the battery from the Pegasus! Then take a thick piece of cloth and wrap it around the base of the Triton to protect it from the plier teeth. Next, get a pair of common pliers, open them to the widest setting and grab hold of the Triton as close to the base as you can.....tighten the pliers and try to unscrew it. After it is loose...remove the cloth and pliers and unscrew the rest of the way by hand. And finally, NEVER tighten the Triton that hard again! [-( Let us know how it goes!
  • @charlzrocks Have definitely learnt my lesson. Will wait for the coil to go before i try to change.

I did have some leaking issues a few days ago and wonder if any might have gotten under it and dried up.

I'll keep you updated. Plier solution is definitely the final solution.
  • @PrudoKing I would suggest to try to remove it as soon as possible. The leak if under the Triton could leak to the 510 which is spring loaded. You want to clean that area asap! Good Luck!
  • Thanks for the advice. I'll work on it this evening when i get home from work. Will break my heart to take pliers to my shiny new Triton. Gonna be extra extra careful.

Not sure whether i regret purchasing this tank or not. Perhaps should have gone for a Kanger. I need to learn how RTAs work and find a decent one.
  • Old_Salt said:

@PrudoKing Try a strap wrench if you have one. If not, wrap a piece of rubber (old bicycle inner tube) around the base of the Triton, and try again by hand. If that won't work, leave the inner tube to protect the Triton and use a nut cracker or pair of slip-joint pliers to start it.

I meant slip joint pliers ... just couldn't think of the descriptive moniker for them. The strap wrench is a good tool as well. Thanks! :-bd
  • @PrudoKing sorry if I wasn't clear - but I definitely didn't mean to screw your triton to the Pegasus tightly. I meant the coil in the base and the base into the tank tighter than you'd expect. You shouldn't need to screw the tank down on to your mod so tightly.

I hope it comes off ok - good luck with it
  • @PrudoKing I'm glad to hear it worked for you.
  • @PrudoKing Awesome! Great to hear your success! :-bd
© 2017 Powered by Aspire