SIMPLE ASPIRE TRITON FIX THAT WORKS!

Just cut a ring from a condom, place it between the thread and the knurling, lube it up, push and screw it in!
Markc
Did it work?
  1. Did It Work?3 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
Aspire Triton Leak Fix.jpg
1040 x 720 - 143K
Comments
  • 21 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You will still have the issue of pressure build up when installing the drip tip base. The pressure will push e-juice through the Juice holes in the Atomiser, this is similar to over filling the Aspire Atlantis.

FILL INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1
    Turn Control to FILL MODE (Drip Symbol)

STEP 2
    Pull out Drip Tip Base

STEP 3
    Fill with your favorite e-juice

STEP 4
    Turn Control to VAPE MODE (Vape Symbol)

STEP 5
    Hold the entire unit upside down

STEP 6
    Push in Drip Tip Base and watch bubbles go into tank

STEP 7
    Let excess fluid drain out of drip tip and wipe clean

ASPIRE NEED TO LOOK AT A REDESIGN OF THE DRIP TIP BASE, POSSIBLY THREADED WITH A FLAT SECTION TO LET AIR PRESSURE ESCAPE LIKE THE KAYFUN V4.
    ADD THE EXTRA SEAL TO THE ATOMISER

Markc
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @charlzrocks It would explain why three out of the four 'leaking' Tritons I bought worked perfectly when I brought them home. The last one just needed a new seal. I can't say if this was due to the user or a factory oversight. I suspect the user, as the original thin seal could easily have slipped off of the top AFC during a refill and been lost.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and bought a lifetime supply. How else can you get a top of the line tank for $5 :O) >:)
    charlzrocks
  • Right on! Good info.
  • edited September 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Using a Scapel or Exacto Knife will make it easier to cut the ring exactly right.

STEP 1
    Cut the ring roughly to size with scissors.

STEP 2
    Push ring into position as shown in ASPIRE TRITON LEAK FIX image

STEP 3
    Trim ring with Scapel or Exacto Knife
    Aspire Triton Tank Pressure.jpg
    960 x 720 - 66K
  • I cut the silicone sleeve as instructed and installed it, it was a bit too tight for inside of chimney and got chewed up on the chimney fluid holes. Some of the silicone pieces got stuck inside the fluid holes and were a pain to get back out. Good idea but no fix. I tried this with a nickel coil, did not try it with my RTA because I don't see how this could work since there is no lip on the upper RTA to grip the silicone sleeve onto. Might try again with an O-ring in place of silicone sleeve.
  • @mosqto Have you checked that there is an O-ring factory fiited around the outer circumference of the inner chimney tube - this seals the top of the coil (in theory) to stop juice flooding over the top?

I have two Tritons - on the first, the leaky gurgly one, this O-ring was missing - it was fiited on the second sample.

If it is missing an old Nautilus coil base O-ring seems to do the trick.
  • edited September 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @mosqto The ring has to fit exactly between the threads and the knurled part (It is tight). Use a scapel to get it exactly right. My first few attempts I chewed up the ring, key is get it exactly right and push it past the holes, then screw. It may be possible that drip tip sleeves are different thickness. All the o'rings I had were too thick to squeeze up the chimney.
  • Mine is completely dry now.
    1. Installed ring
    2. Removed O'Rings from drip tip base
  • Could you just use the flat O ring from the base as the seal for the coil instead of cutting a drip cap?
  • @Dal Yes, that's what I did. I tried cutting a drip tip cap a long time ago for something else - impossible to get a neat straight cut.
  • @Dal I found the flat o' ring to be too thick

@woodbar Once the trip tip cap is over the atomiser, it is easy to cut with a scapel or exacato knife.
  • I used the drip tip covers that come with a Vivi Nova tank if that helps. They are tight just make sure you lube it up and push it in as faar as you can before you start screwing. Basically mine are flush or just proud of the knurning.
  • @Chykan
    "FILL INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1
    Turn Control to FILL MODE (Drip Symbol)

STEP 2
    Pull out Drip Tip Base

STEP 3
    Fill with your favorite e-juice

STEP 4
    Turn Control to VAPE MODE (Vape Symbol)

STEP 5
    Hold the entire unit upside down

STEP 6
    Push in Drip Tip Base and watch bubbles go into tank

STEP 7
    Let excess fluid drain out of drip tip and wipe clean "

This totally works.
    At first, after I read this, I thought to my self what difference would it make. But I tried it anyway, and holy crap it worked so I have been doing it this way ever since. I can completely fill my Triton to the top and so far haven't had a leak in a month and a half of filling 2 times a day.

***NOTE: When reinserting the drip tip and its holder, do so by holding it on the sides of the drip tip, instead of with your thumb covering the hole. Reason is you might push in air in at the same time, unknowingly adding pressure to the tank .
  • edited November 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It sounds like the tank is pressurized when the heat sink/drip tip assembly is re-installed in the upright position. This would force liquid through the wick into the coil, then out of the bottom AFC.

The reason I may not have had any leaks is that I leave about 3 mm airspace above the liquid. I only fill to the bottom of the curves in the sides of the tank. This airspace minimizes the pressurization.

I seem to remember Aspire warning us not to overfill the tanks, claiming that this would cause leaks. I don't think anyone has shown the tank filled to it's stated capacity of 3.5ml.

The attached image shows a freshly cleaned Triton with a new, properly primed coil filled with 3.5ml of liquid. Note that the tank is still in 'Fill' mode. When the tank is set to 'Vape' mode you'll see some bubbles escape from the sides of the chimney. This is the air that was trapped between the chimney walls, and coil. There will be no, or very few air bubbles if you re-fill the tank before it drops to the level of the wick holes in the side of the chimney.

Could we have overlooked this simple fact for all the problems that have been reported? Perhaps a 'Fill Line' etched on future tanks, or shown in the instructions would help prevent this problem which led to the demise of the original Triton. I think the original Triton was the best looking, and most versatile tank marketed. If it can be proven that most of the leakage reported was due to overfilling the tank, I'd like to see it re-introduced.
    Triton 3.5ml.jpg
    800 x 633 - 327K
  • @Old_Salt Whoa! That is a revelation that would make the original Triton more viable. I don't see that happening, but ya never know. You just have to get the word out about it! :)] *-:)
  • Hi Friends,
    i am also a leaking victim of the very good in taste and power of Triton.
    I followed the refilling instructions and also from another coil i took off the small upper ring and place it on the top of the installed coil of Chykan and seems to work BUT, in my opinion the problem is from technical philosophy manufacturing. Suppose it is, don't we have the option of asking a new one without leaking or not?
  • I will try some different drip tip covers from my next visits to a smoke shop, the ones I have here seemed too thick. @Chykan if you happen to have a digital caliper can you measure what the thickness on your drip tip sleeve is? I wonder if the O-ring from a used coil would have enough girth to creat a seal.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire