Questions ASPIRE Pegasus

Hello!
Two questions:
1. When will the problem with overheated coils be fixed? (after the clearomizer was changed a few seconds of overwatting)
2. Is there the possibility for the Pegasus with TC to skip from Farenheit to Celsius?

Regards, Flo
Comments
  • 28 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The trouble is there is no menu system on the Pegasus at all so it will have to have a complete rewrite of the software to provide one - V2 anyone?

I could understand the rush to release the Pegasus with TC if it had the facility to be software upgraded so that any problems could be rectified but as that is not possible then there are only two assumptions to be made - either the R&D people were so arrogant to think they could not possibly need any bug-fixes - or marketing insisted it be released even though they knew it was still in beta - which do you reckon?

What they should have done is release the Pegasus as it was obviously designed (and originally advertised) to be - as a VW device - then, when they had properly thought it through and tested it released the Pegasus Pro or V2 or TC or whatever as a slightly different upgraded version. It would have worked better AND been far less hassle AND had little negative customer reaction as I think we all like buying the latest shiny mod with all the bells and whistles but, when we find the whistles don't blow and the bells have lost their clapper then we get a bit restless!

I should have been a poet?
    charlzrocksViruk
  • Just bought a Pegasus here in France and temperature is only in Fahrenheit Hey Aspire don't you know that in Europe we're using Celsius?
    charlzrocks
  • They might do, but do they care?

It's the same here in the UK but as we have become the Americans puppet and their "floating" air-base in this part of the globe I understand that we will shortly be changing back to using Farenheit again and our currency will be converted to GB$ from GBP!
    charlzrocks
  • @woodbar NO I do NOT have a sense of humor. If you do not believe me, read the response to @Vanessa13006 post. Amusing satire has no place in the Aspire forum! :-O 8-} =))
    Southy321
  • @charlzrocks Absolutely NOT, I don't know what I was thinking of.....

I must not do it again......

charlzrocks
  • @charlzrocks Ok, i have passed Vanessa13006 suggestion to our products development department.

Hope all of your suggestion can be took into account in our next new product.

:D
    Viruk
  • I would think it would be possible they could put it on their website download a driver to recognize the Pegasus. And then download the C feature.
    Southy321
  • Have a look at this link for a couple of work-arounds for problem 1

https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27062/first-impression-of-the-pegasus/p3

I would be interested in an answer to question 2 myself.
  • Just bought a Pegasus here in France and temperature is only in Fahrenheit Hey Aspire don't you know that in Europe we're using Celsius?

Move to the U.S. ..... Problem Solved. :D
    No, seriously though that is something that product development should know about! I would think that it could be a simple upgrade to the firmware to select Farenheit or Celcius as a users choice. @tina please forward this info to product development! Good suggestion @Vanessa13006 !
  • woodbar said:

They might do, but do they care?

It's the same here in the UK but as we have become the Americans puppet and their "floating" air-base in this part of the globe I understand that we will shortly be changing back to using Farenheit again and our currency will be converted to GB$ from GBP!

This is not a political forum. [-X Please save your rant for another forum. :-@
  • edited September 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @charlzrocks Actually it was not a rant it was intended as amusing satire - do you have a sense of humour - the other poster seemed to "get it"?
  • @charlzrocks Maybe the firmware will be update but for the one we already bought i doubt cause the PC doesn't recognise the Pegasus as a device so update seems impossible... :(
  • Vanessa13006 users can use USB charger to PC to charge the Pegasus,but the PC will not recognise the Pegasus to pass or download data from PC to the mod.

I will pass your suggestion to our products development department,Maybe,in our next new product,we can achieve this function.
  • @Tina That's what i thought So we're stuck on this firmware...The update is impossible for us. I regret my purchase
  • @Vanessa13006 I have passed your suggestion to our products development department.
    Maybe in nearly future,they can think out a way.

• @Vanessa13006 , we all understand the C to F and F to C dilemma., There has been a push to have both included on this side of the pond along the highways. With that being said, I think adding a Celsius feature will be an easy fix by adding it as a menu selection. Let's see what happens. :D
  • Well said.....ahem :-B
  • That would be nice but @tina stated above that it is not possible so I assume the USB port only has the power lines connected and is lacking the data connections and relevant interface?
  • I never saw the electronic board of the pegasus but there should be a way to hook to the chip and update a firmware, Not everyone can do it off course but if its a atmel kind of chip you only need a arduino or a usbasp device to flash the chip. If this is the case then many ppl around can do that for you , those who play with arduino , quadcopter , electronics in general. Im sure if this is the case many ppl will offer they flashing service for a small fee or even free.

All we need to know is what kind of chip the pegasus use, what should we use to reflash it , then aspire need to supply a firmware for it.
  • @woodbar the USB port only has the power lines connected and is lacking the data connections and relevant interface.

I have passed your suggestion to our products development department.
    Maybe in nearly future,they can think out a way .
  • @Tina Thank you for the confirmation - although I wish it were otherwise.

So, basically, we are stuck with what we have although I appreciate the suggestion by @GroupB I really don't think this is likely to happen as Aspire are unlikely to publish a firmware file for numerous unknown 3rd parties to dismantle the Pegasus and start soldering wires onto the pcb for the purposes of flashing replacement firmware - it would likely be a "minefield"
  • I never look at the board but is there some programing pad on the board, there is no need to solder directly to the chip. just hold your prone till it flash. they often do that for many electronics board ,go into a jig with spring prone that contact the pad and they flash it. If its open the device or burn coil all the time with 30W pulse, I vote for the first one. Sure you need to open the device , but there no danger in that, there no lipo battery living inside it... Maybe there a way to make a jig with flashing interface custom fit to the board perfectly so there only one way to put it. You still have to open the device but its better than nothing for those who cant live with the current firmware and are willing to accept the risk.
  • @GroupB Oh yes I agree with you and I would very much like to update mine from the flaky way it works at the moment.

Trouble is if Aspire are saying it's not upgradeable then they are not likely to release the file for public use?
© 2017 Powered by Aspire