Triton Leak fix possibility!!

Comments
  • I fixed mine from leaking without having to replace anything by just tightening the coil to the tank much more than I was before
  • @screenpeeker
    That's I've done too, without any leaking. Not worrying about matching the coils holes up with the tank but screwing it in nice and snug.

I saying that though, we might have been lucky with our tanks.
  • I took the clear o-ring out and put two of the small black o-rings from my triton rta kit and put the clear o-ring over those and seems to be working great. So if anyone has the triton rta kit might give that a try.
  • Try a dental pick that seems to be the best way that I have found.
  • @Joel360 is this over the chimney what your talking about?
  • Yes it's over the chimney sorry I didn't mention that.
  • Guys, I have been trying to follow this (and other similar threads) but I am a little confused where this o-ring should be?

I assume you mean up inside the bottom of the chimney where the top of the coil fits inside? i.e. where it would screw in IF the chimney were threaded the same as the Nautilus?

If so, I have just had a look at my week old, slightly leaky, Triton and there was NO o-ring at all in that location! I note that every time I take it apart to look at the coil there has been a pool of liquid sitting in the top of the coil, on the top of the mesh (1.8 ohm) which suggests the fliud has been coming over the top of the coil unit as well as in through the side ports and probably why I have been getting quite a bit of excess fluid up in both the top and bottom AFC units?

I have managed to fit one of the white o-rings, from the base of an old Nautilus coil, in there and strangely enough it does not seem to sit right down in the channel as there seems to be a groove on the outside circumference of the inner chimney tube - presumably for an o-ring which was not present on my device?

Anyway, have put it all back together and I noticed it has not gurgled for the first few pulls this time - will see what happens!
    drysprocketJoel360
  • I believe I have fixed my leaking problem and discovered the issue. The problem deals with the inner chimney not being sealed properly against inner wall of the atomizer coil. When you look inside the chimney you see what appears to be a clear O-ring, it is actually a small band with a groove cutout on the inside. On the chimney itself there is a small lip at the tip around the top, the band's groove needs to fit around this lip creating a gasket seal. With the way it was before, I believe the coil either wasn't long enough to reach the band to complete the seal or the band was not expanded enough both causing a gap for ejuice to leak through the top of the coil head causing oversaturation(popping and spitback) and the leaking out of air vents at the base. Not sure if the band was installed wrong during manufacturing or if it got pushed down when they installed the new coils dry. You'll need dental picks to pry out the band and to reinsert it. I put some O-rings(from old used eGo style coils) on before installing the bands to try to prevent it from slipping down the chimney again. I recommend making sure that the inner sleeve of the replacement coils are lubricated with ejuice before installing to help prevent friction pushing the clear band down again. You should be able to see the clear band covering the tip of the chimney if installed properly. Hope this helps.
  • mosqto said:

I believe I have fixed my leaking problem and discovered the issue. The problem deals with the inner chimney not being sealed properly against inner wall of the atomizer coil. When you look inside the chimney you see what appears to be a clear O-ring, it is actually a small band with a groove cutout on the inside. On the chimney itself there is a small lip at the tip around the top, the band's groove needs to fit around this lip creating a gasket seal. With the way it was before, I believe the coil either wasn't long enough to reach the band to complete the seal or the band was not expanded enough both causing a gap for ejuice to leak through the top of the coil head causing oversaturation(popping and spitback) and the leaking out of air vents at the base. Not sure if the band was installed wrong during manufacturing or if it got pushed down when they installed the new coils dry. You'll need dental picks to pry out the band and to reinsert it. I put some O-rings(from old used eGo style coils) on before installing the bands to try to prevent it from slipping down the chimney again. I recommend making sure that the inner sleeve of the replacement coils are lubricated with ejuice before installing to help prevent friction pushing the clear band down again. You should be able to see the clear band covering the tip of the chimney if installed properly. Hope this helps.

@tina we need to forward this info to product development!
  • Thanks for the detailed description - it has been covered elsewhere as well.

In fact my first Triton did not have any O-ring fitted in tbat location at all (one from aNautilus coil base suffices) but my second Triton had it fitted OK
  • @mosqto Got mine on Monday of last week , I been vaping on it since I close the vape mode and set it to drip then let it stand till i'm ready to use it again . even with me vaping it and standing it still with battery attached I have no leaking issues at all. I don't know if this is a first batch problem or what . just thought I let you guys know . yes I check mine for Authenticity it is original .
  • edited September 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @powermix24 Mine only leaked when it was tipped slightly (while in front shirt pocket or pants pocket) or if sideways (puffing while driving or laying down). I had no problems with mine ever leaking while in the upright standing position because the ejuice would never reaches the top of the coil sleeve which would then cause the liquid to drip down the through the top of the coil. I don't see setting it to drip/fill mode as a fix since if it is ever accidentally laying sideways the liquid could leak out of the tip area and whatever liquid within the small chamber around the coil head could still end up going down though the top of the coil head.

@woodbar I had not seen what I am describing anywhere else. Yes adding additional O-rings can be a workaround because you are closing the gap between the chimney and coil left by the clear band. I am saying the issue is with the clear band being pushed too far down the chimney. The band should be cupping the lip at the edge of the chimney, I only added the O-rings to help prevent the band from slipping down the chimney again. If yours has the clear band installed like I described then it is the first I have heard of.

I had ordered mine early on so before tinkering with mine, I had visited a few smoke shops in the area to check for differences with mine and see if they changed anything on newer releases and they all seemed like they would have the same issue I described.
  • Joel360 said:

This leak thing is getting old. :-@

I concur.
  • @Joel360 So because it has been going on a long time should we ignore it - just like Aspire are doing?

Maybe, just maybe, If they had sent out all the Tritons, to their loyal customers, with ALL the CORRECT O-rings fitted in the right places (chimney and top AFC) then the discussions would never have started.

Now, about the problems with the Pegasus.............
    drysprocketJoel360
  • @Joel360 Well, that is just my point actually, I do like their (not "there") products in the main and have used their atomisers and tanks almost exclusively for a long time. I always buy direct from Aspire in China to guarantee authenticity.

Problem is, as with all things, they sometimes get it wrong and they will not "own up" to it - it is nearly always "tighten your coil, soak your coil, check your watts, use a higher VG, use a lower VG, don't vape in the bath............etc."

I have been trying to return my Odyssey kit to them and have sent 2 different support requests - both have been ignored!

So yes I probably will go elsewhere for my supplies in the near future BUT it is not quite as easy as your crass and flippant reply suggests - just because you evidently don't have problems (with your Aspire gear at least) does not mean that other people don' have genuine concerns.

Bottom line, as you obviously find this thread boring, then why don't you stop making unhelpful comments and go elsewhere?
    drysprocketJoel360
  • I think it maybe your friends doing the crying - certainly not me
  • Folks can ignore posts they find unhelpful, and people's remarks they don't like.
  • @mosqto Well documented. I hope this continues to work for you.
  • This leak thing is getting old. :-@
    charlzrocksVirukdrysprocket
  • Mine may have been one of the ones that doesn't have any problems but I also have a few friends of mine that bought one after they saw mine and they don't have any problems either.
    drysprocket
  • Well don't buy there products if you don't like them.
    drysprocket
  • @woodbar the other thing is if you are not satisfied with the product then take it back and get your money back or get a different tank that is what I would do. If aspire got back a whole bunch of tanks that were defective they would probably do more about it. But no people buy more them just to see if they get a good one that is there fault. Not aspires. And like I said before if you don't like there products then don't buy them.
    drysprocket
  • @woodbar sorry didn't know this was a spelling contest! I have made helpful suggestions and maybe you should look closer but the fact of the matter is if nobody is satisfied with the product send it back instead trying to fix it. That is aspires job. Or get something different. And it is not just me that doesn't have any problems like said I have alot of friends who have them also. If you bought a brand new car and something was wrong when you got home would you try to fix it or take it back?
    drysprocket
  • I also said I have alot of friends that have them also that don't have problems. Which I also stated above. And keep trying to send back don't cry about it. :((
    drysprocket
  • Your the one that is complaining not me.
    Virukdrysprocket
© 2017 Powered by Aspire