Triton Leak fix possibility!!

Ok, I've had my trident with my .4 ohm coil in and out of the box I lost 2 full tanks in a puddle that my poor SX Mini sat in over night. Didn't use the tank for a few days tinkering with ideas and with the same coil, I changed the o-ring on the head, and took an extra o-ring for a drip tip I had laying around and shoved it around the chimney. It's sat overnight for the last 7 hours and with it ready to vape and air intake fully closed I have no puddles, no leaks, bone dry and still totally full. Using high vg juice, but was using the same liquid as before. Seems as though the o-ring that's supposed to seal off the top of the coil and chimney wasn't sufficient. If anyone has a delta 2, check the o-ring in that, it's huge. I'll keep updating as the day goes by, going to open up the air intake now and see how things go by sun up in a few hours. But so far, no gurgle, no spit back, and I'm using a wide bore drip tip, so we shall see.
Southy321drysprocket
Comments
  • 67 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey guys could you do a favor for a nearly blind man and post a picture of the particular seals you are talking about? We would really appreciate it.
    charlzrocksdrysprocket
  • You can't go wrong, as far as I can see without disassembling the Triton upper tank part, there is just one o-ring inside the chamber.
    You can see the one I put on it over the stock one (mine is black, while the stock one beneath mine is clear).
    Let me just add that mine is just a workaround, not THE solution!
    Dimensions and shape is the key: I'm still having some minor gurgling issues due to the simple fact that I used a plain o-ring, that of course cannot grant a full seal giving the shape of its slot and the chimney itself.
    midnightwolfViruk
    Triton o-ring.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • @Joel360 Well I think you and your friends should count yourselves lucky but there are just TOO many people having similar problems to dismiss them all as newbies or ham-fisted!

As an example - with the Nautilus, fit coil, fill and vape - to my knowledge there were few reports of the Nautilus leaking and/or gurgling until Aspire changed the construction of the coils then all of a sudden loads of users were complaining - and also loads of users saying "mines OK"

With the Triton obviously it is a little more complicated both mechanically, in usage and as to whether you get the right O-rings in the right place or none at all. Sure, some of the problems could be wrong juice, wrong wattage, lack of tightening etc. etc. - but not the majority surely - or do you have that low an opinion of anyone else that gets a problem you don't?

The Triton is supposed to be a "do it all" device MTL, DTL, Sub-Ohm etc. but, whilst maybe it makes a good attempt for some users, it fails miserably for others.

It's a shame that Aspire can't come up with some kind of spreadsheet poll on the forum whereby those that are experiencing any problems could fill in the boxes as to what juice, coil, watts bla, bla..... they were using. Maybe then they could detect the pattern that is causing problems for a considerable number of customers.

I fear however they will stick their head in the sand as usual and wait for it all to be forgotten - as per the Nautilus coils - some customers will adapt, some will go elsewhere but they will probably be replaced by new ones swayed by the glowing reviews both here and elsewhere on the net that everything Aspire does is wonderful and they never make a mistake.
    drysprocket
  • @Joel360 - I have just looked at your comments, you said "this leaking thing is getting old"! I don't understand that statement, its a pretty big thing for me, in fact why should i have to fix something that i bought in all "good faith" from a reputable company. I sure as hell wouldn't try and fix a PC that didn't work after 1 day! Why should it apply to the Triton? I am bloody well not going to go and take the "O" ring off and try and fix it! Why should i?

I also found my Triton was leaking and after about 2 days it stopped, i don't know why and i am still mystified why it stopped. I just saw this thread and it makes my blood boil that people are having to fix something themselves. Aspire should be jumping onto this thread and asking the relevant questions. I believe it is @Tina who either works for Aspire or is a Mod on the forum should be saying "hey guys i know you are having issues and we are looking into it". Most companies have representatives on forums and endeavour to fix them or find a fix them pretty damn quick.

Regards

Madboy
    Virukdrysprocket
  • Excellent advice @sunshine5150! We keep getting the o-ring possibility regarding leak issues. I am glad that you have taken the time to experiment and give this feedback! Aspire needs to pick up on this information! Thanks! :-bd
    Southy321
  • ...same experiment on going here!
    I found a replacement oring from a Kayfun 4 kit and I put it inside the chamber, over the stock one (too thin, IMHO!).
    Reassembling the base kit with the upper part, everything seems snug and better "sealed".
    Half a tank it's surely not enough, but so far so good: no gurgling and no leaking whatsoever (@ 1.8 Ohm coil)!
    I'll keep you updated...
    charlzrocks
  • Day 2 Test results
    After several tanks, a fresh coil installed and some “stress tests” (leaving the Triton in its “vape” position even overnight; vaping until the tank is fully empty and filling it well above recommended), I can say …problem fixed!
    No more leaking at all from the base and just some little gurgling, but only right after a refill (gurgling goes away after few puffs).
    I do believe Aspire Product Development should better rework the chimney’s oring: that’s where the issues are!
    And by the way – as other mentioned – please provide a narrower “Triton style” drip tip for all of us (many) mouth to lung vapers out there.
    charlzrocksdrysprocket
  • …It’s holiday here, so I have some more free time to play with the Triton…

The more I experiment, the more it looks like there is a design issue on the evaporation chamber insulation!

A) If you have an Atlantis, put one of the Trident coils in it and vape: no gurgling and no leaking whatsoever!
    Reason: the Atlantis has a threaded chimney that locks the coils and let its o-ring working properly. The Trident has been designed differently (threading on the base).

B) If you don’t have an Atlantis, try to carefully rinse all parts of your Triton (except the coil, of course!), reassemble it and fill it JUST a little (let’s say 1ml). Again, no leaking and no gurglings!
    Reason: that small amount of e-liquid doesn’t reach the inside height of the coil, so it doesn’t flow into the coil from the top of it (which is the reason why I strongly believe we have leaking and gurgling issues).

My final thoughts on the matter?
    New Trident coils are AWESOME! The flavor and the amount of vapor they produce can match most of my RTA (and I’m a long time vaper with a lot of gear and experience).
    So, if you want the best from new Trident coils without any headaches, just buy a pack …and use them on an Atlantis!

While you (and me) are doing so, we will patiently wait for Aspire to release a fix for the Trident. Hoping they will not forget about who already spent money beta testing a product!
    Old_SaltdrysprocketJoel360
  • I had the same problem myself after filling the tank. It would pour out the bottom. The extra O ring is a good fix. The other thing I did was even before taking the drip tip off to fill, I turned it to the fill sign, and after filling putting the drip tip back on before turning it back to vape. This has been working ok so far, besides a bit of gurgling. As I found the air pressure was pushing to much liquid into the base area resulting in non stop leaks. Hope this can help
  • deepblue said:

** USER WARNING **

For those of you that want to try my workaround, please consider that once a new/additional o-ring is in place, it's nearly impossible to remove due to the extremely narrow space you have to work with.

SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I tried this fix but found the extra ring in fact blocks off airflow to around the top of the chimney which means juice wouldn't flow into the coil unless I removed the entire drip tip, in theory this fix means your tank becomes semi automatic!

BigVA
  • @deepblue Thanks for posting this modification! I was not having any leaking problems as other reported however I was getting tons of spitting issues. I used an
    o-ring from and old Kayfun as well and it seems to have solved the issue. I also added a small o-ring on the juice well chiminy post and now there is very little condensation! Hopefully Aspire will send out a retrofit kit to the thousands that have had issues. I originally thought this was a coil issue but I was mistaken, after throwing it in my Atlantis and having no issues your fix is the bomb! Thanks again for the tip.......
    drysprocket
  • Prrhaps you should look closer when I said above that I am trying to send it back to Aspire!

So you are not having problems, good, but don't keep rubbing it in when others are trying to discuss possible solutions to the genuine problems they are experiencing in the face of "no comment" from Aspire.

Perhaps it is just me, but to keep saying "mine's fine" is actually NOT a helpful suggestion?
    drysprocket
  • @drysprocket You got it - this forum it seems is not for people to discuss the good and BAD things about the products and suggest improvements, possible easy user fixes, its becoming an Aspire fanboy "mine is wonderful so you can"t possibly have a problem" platform.

By the way, if it is leaking then try increasing your VG ratio, lowering the wattage, stand on one leg and only vape on alternate days when there is an "R" in the month :-j

Oh, and only tighten your coils to 3.5 ft.lb.torque.

Sorry, should not make a joke of it, but what else can we do?
    drysprocket
  • edited September 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @woodbar It's frustrating when time after time a first time poster slams their device in a new post when several suggestions for their problem have been posted. It's not only the Triton, it's every device made. I'm not saying this was you. Take a look at many of the new posts. Slam, and I'm out of here, never to return.

Yes, I'm a fan. Yes, my Triton has leaked - once. Yes, I found the 'fix,' and passed it on here in the forum.
    Viruk
  • edited October 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    I don't mean to bring up this sore topic again but I feel I definitely fixed mine. I have ran about 6 tankfuls through mine now and have no leaking. I don't care if you don't have problems with yours, this is for those of us that are still unhappy with our leaking Tritons and are still waiting for a solution.

I am attaching some pictures of my method for guidelines to follow. You will need a small wooden dowel rod or a piece of a wooden chopstick and to buy a silicone O-ring sized 11mm Outer Diameter with 2.5mm wall thickness. I used the following from Amazon, O-rings were slow shipped from China.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ASXZUG
    When you go to reassemble... the bottom will be harder to screw on with coil installed, just push in as you turn until everything is flush.
    When replacing the top after filling make sure to push it on slowly or you will flood an already saturated coil causing fluid to run down coil. Can also remove the Black O-ring as others have previously stated.
    Viruk
  • sorry image not attached
    Viruk
    instructions.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 218K
  • @sunshine5150 Thanks for posting - is there any chance you could add some pictures to illustrate further?
  • deepblue said:

...same experiment on going here!
    I found a replacement oring from a Kayfun 4 kit and I put it inside the chamber, over the stock one (too thin, IMHO!).
    Reassembling the base kit with the upper part, everything seems snug and better "sealed".
    Half a tank it's surely not enough, but so far so good: no gurgling and no leaking whatsoever (@ 1.8 Ohm coil)!
    I'll keep you updated...

Excellent! We are all awaiting your final outcome. If this fix works, we can make sure product development gets the memo on it! =D>
  • Awesome to hear @deep blue! I am glad you have solved the problem and are having a good vape. @Tina needs to read this thread for your process to fix the leaking Triton and get the information to Aspire Product Development right away! Great Job! :-bd
  • @sunshine5150 and @deepblue, can either of you post a photo of the o-ring that you are talking about as @tina is not sure which one it is that she should tell product development about. any pictures will be a BIG help...and thanks again for your thoughtful experimentation and patience regarding this leak situation!
  • ** USER WARNING **

For those of you that want to try my workaround, please consider that once a new/additional o-ring is in place, it's nearly impossible to remove due to the extremely narrow space you have to work with.

SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
  • ...sorry for the typo errors above: of course it's Triton, not "Trident".
  • Ok, good to hear....will have @tina forward this info to product development!
  • @deepblue how in the heck did you remove the existing O-ring?
  • @Guz
    I didn't. I just put a spare one over the existing one.
  • Sorry, pay no attention to my previous message. nearly a full tank just leaked out the bottom air holes!
  • I read from a previous post in this thread that the extra O ring affects the airflow. I want to try this fix because I have a leaking tank but I dont want a noticeable decrease in airflow when I use the Triton. For those that have added the extra O ring into the chimney, did it indeed affect your airflow? I know once it's in there it will be very difficult to remove if at all.
  • Bradakai said:

Sorry, pay no attention to my previous message. nearly a full tank just leaked out the bottom air holes!

You added a second O ring to the chimney and it still leaked?

• What about this fix? This shows a guy putting an extra O-ring on his coil for his leaking Nautilus tank and the comments say it fixed their leak for them. Could this could work for the Triton? I think this is similar to what the OP was talking about except this is less permanent than putting it down the chimney post.

• How did you get the o- ring in around the chiminy? Ive been trying and can't get one in there to stop the too afc from leaking
© 2017 Powered by Aspire