Need Aspire Atlantis help

I have the Aspire Atlantis with the cf sub ohm mod and when I draw in, i feel like the roof of my mouth is being coated with e-liquid rather than just a vapor cloud. I've also noticed that my clouds are fairly weak
charlzrocks
Comments
  • 22 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Which resistance coil are you using? Have you set up the power on the mod appropriately for the coil you're using?

I don't have the Atlantis or CF cub ohm so I'm probably not the best person to advise, but I have used an Atlantis at a local shop for testing some juices and it was really nice so with the right settings I'd be hopeful you could experience the same quality vape from your setup :)
    charlzrocks
  • The battery and Atlantis are brand new. Its the newest version of the cfmod
    charlzrocks
  • . 3 ohm. All genuine aspire parts and solid blue light when vaping
    charlzrocks
  • For the 0.3 Ohm coils, you need a mod that can go up to 70-80 Watts to make them function properly. If you have a CF mod (+\- 25 Watts) use the 0.5 Ohm coils, they will function great on it.
    charlzrocks
  • Thanks guys i will try it out
    charlzrocks
  • Please tell us your findings.
    charlzrocks
  • Soooo here's where things get weird.

Last night before everyone's replies, i had read about flooding the coil and decided to clean the unit and let the coil sit out a bit to dry out some of the e-liquid that could be on it. I cleaned the tank and all the parts aside from the coil and let everything sit for the night. Today while reassembling, i noticed that the coil actually is a .5 ohm coil. I had burnt out the coil that came in the tank which had been a .3 ohm, and assumed the backup in the package was also a .3.

After reassembling. I still have the same problem :-(
    charlzrocks
  • Its the newest version of the cfmod

The newest version ? There has been only one version of the CF Mod that I know.
    Is it fully charged ?
    Where did you buy your Atlantis, at a local B&M shop ?

charlzrocks
  • The website showed a version where the battery was actually removable through the bottom and a more expensive version which did not have a removable battery. I have the one where the battery does not come out. I bought both off ebay but they do have the holigram and scratch code that are good
    charlzrocks
  • The one with a removable battery is the "CF Mod", the one without is the "CF Subohm".
    Is it fully charged ? Have a check with a multi meter for the tension on the mod and the resistance of the tank with the coil.
    (Ebay is the last place I would buy a battery from).
    charlzrocks
  • How are you drawing on the thing ?
    Mouth to lung or direct ?
    charlzrocks
  • There is a really good vaping specific shop i am going to swing by today. Hopefully they can give a little imput.

I will say cleaning it did help alot after a few minutes of vaping. Im getting more smoke and feel like less liquid is coating the roof of my mouth

I will def let you guys know the results! :-)
    charlzrocks
  • I usually draw into my mouth and then allow some to flow to my lungs after removing the mouthpiece
    charlzrocks
  • edited August 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    The Atlantis needs direct inhalation to lungs !
    Try to take a good draw direct to your lungs, you will rapidly notice the difference (takes a while to get used to it for some people)
    charlzrocks
  • Ok i will give that a shot
    charlzrocks
  • edited August 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    Try to vape like you were snorkelling ;)
    charlzrocks
  • hey guys, your tips are working great, i think the main problem was how i inhaled. being completely new at vaping, all this advice has been really helpful. things are working great now
    charlzrocks
  • Good ! Nice to hear that.
    One last thing when you direct inhale, think about reducing your nicotine level to 3 or max. 6.
    charlzrocks
  • I have the Atlantis v1 and the Aspire CF Sub Ohm battery and use the stock .5 ohm coil with no problems. Do you have the sub ohm Mod? the one where it takes a 18650 battery? If so you battery may be weak and is not firing correctly. If you bought it from a B&M, I suggest you take it back to them and have them check it out for you.
  • Again...what is the resistance of the coil that you have installed? Are all of your devices genuine Aspire? Did you check the scratch off code? Does the battery light up when you push the button or does it blink? Just trying to get more info to help you out!
  • Good advice @cegoca! I think that will solve the problem for @N7infiltrator. :-bd
  • Direct into lungs :D
© 2017 Powered by Aspire