Aspire new 18650 3.7V 2500mAh rechargeable battery cells

Aspire 18650 3.7V 2500mAh rechargeable battery cells is made for normal discharge current(max. 20A) applications. High capacity(2500mAh) provide vapers much longer run time than any standard ICR battery. It is an excellent choice for people who are looking for normal drain ICR 18650 battery cells.To know more details,please click here:aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod222.html
SPECIFICATION:
1.ICR 18650 3.7V Li-ion
2.Pulsed discharge:40A
3.Continuous Discharge:20A
4.Capacity: 2500mah
Venomsplat
Comments
  • 27 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Tina, since this is also an ICR battery could you post links to the safety test reports (EN62133 and UN38.3)? These are the same test report results that you posted for the 40A 1800mAh battery. Thanks!
    charlzrocks
  • @Mooch Thanks for the reports. They have been very helpful.
    MoochcharlzrocksSouthy321
  • @Cegoca Thanks for the info and the forum link. Addressed all my questions and the link with the bench testing, plus comparisons to the 25R battery was very informative.. Thanks Again

Aspire put the specs of there new battery in detail on the site. But didn't go into the same detail with the 1800mah battery should be updated. But the third party Forum real hit the nail on the head for the specs I was wanting.. :-B
    charlzrocks
  • @Tina Will these be the 18650 battery that will Shipping with Pegasus Promotion -Shopping Spree? It seems like it would be a perfect fit.. X_X [-O< :D
    MrSalem
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    In fact, that battery was already discussed here, check this tread : forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/26872/aspire-18650-battery-review#latest
    Southy321
  • Go with the 1800mah batteries.
    charlzrocks
  • @Old_Salt , thanks! Great to hear. :-)
    charlzrocks
  • Old_Salt said:

@Mooch Thanks for the reports. They have been very helpful.

And where can we find those new batteries repports ?
    charlzrocks
  • I haven't seen the ones for the new batteries. My comment was regarding the other tests Mooch has done. I used those reports when replacing batteries a few months ago.
    charlzrocks
  • Ok, so I didn't miss anything, thanks !
    charlzrocks
  • @Tina, I know how very busy you must be but I wanted to ask this again so I can link to these documents when I test the new battery and post the results. I'm sure that you want anyone considering purchasing an ICR battery to know that your battery has passed the safety tests.

Since this is also an ICR battery could you post links to the safety test reports (EN62133 and UN38.3)? These are the same test teport results that you posted for the 40A 1800mAh battery. Thanks!
    charlzrocks
  • @charlzrocks Here is a good article about Lithium Ion batteries that might help you understand a little more. http://woodcreekvapory.com/2015/02/vaping-batteries-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly/

Also check out http://batteryuniversity.com/ to find out anything that you might want know about any type of batteries.
    charlzrocks
  • Sweet!

Man I go away for a couple of days (other projects) and I miss EVERYTHING.
    charlzrocks
  • When will it be available in your webstore ?
    Nice step in capacity : from 1800mAh to 2500mAh !
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Southy321 our new 18650 battery is made for normal discharge current(max. 20A) ,For the pegasus shopping Spree,we will ship the 18650 3.7V 40A 1800mAh battery for high discharge current
  • Other than the Mah rating....I don't understand the difference between the batterys. Which is used for what type of device? Is it the amp rating? I currently do not own a VV/VW device, only the Aspire CF sub ohm, so these batterys are kind of new to me........anyone help me understand this? :-? :-/
  • @charlzrocks excuse my ignorance if I get any of this wrong, but sub ohm vaping will put more of a drain on the battery. You can use a calculator like the following web based one to calculate your amperage: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

As far as I can tell, you need to make sure that the current drawn for the resistance and voltage/wattage is below the max rating of the battery as trying to draw 25 amps through a 20 amp battery could cause venting.

Now with regard to the specs above, this battery may be able to handle 25 amps as it can pulse to 40 amps, but I guess it depends what your mod is trying to draw (continuous or pulsing) and would require clarification from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Please calculate this for yourself rather than taking my word for it - but I think that these batteries could handle any load and mod/coil combination from aspire. The Pegasus is a 70W device and assuming you want to fire it at 70w, you would have to take the resistance down to 0.175 Ohms to hit 20A, so basically to top 20A current you're likely to have to be going to pretty high wattage and low resistance - maybe more of a factor for coil builders than for those of us sticking to tanks and prebuilt coils.

Now if you're looking for batteries for a mod with something like the DNA 200 in it the max current will probably be far more of a factor...
  • Actually, in an electro box, the resistance is not so important.
    What matters the most is the power needed for a specified voltage.
    If you need 70 Watts with a battery at 4 Volts, you will need 70/4 = 17,5 A what should be ok if you use a 20 A battery.
  • P = E * I
    use worst case ( battery discharged) for maximum power 3.2V
    I'd keep this battery to 15A
    Max Power to the coil would be about 3.2 * 15, or 45.6W
    40W would be in my comfort level, at which point the amperage would be 12.5A.

At 70W in the Pegasus you'd draw almost 22A.
  • @charlzrocks I also started out with the CF Sub Ohm Battery for Vaping and had an iTaste MVP3.0 30watt Box but it was 3800mah rechargeable (like the iStick series) didn't have to worry about batteries & battery charger. But when it comes to box mods and 18650 batteries your wanting something with minimum of 20 Amp continuous release. I currently have IPV3-LI Temperature Control Duel 18650 Box Mod and rotate LG-HG2 3000mah 35A batteries and also have a set of red LG-HE2's 2500mah 20A continuous/ 30A pulse, which I just got the set free with some of the best E-Juice I've ever had. Mech Mods normal use high amp batteries, really high Wattage boxs, and temperature control devices. But like the post above me Ohms Law comes into account with your custom builds and really low Ohm Coils. Then the Amps go down as you use the voltage. So when the battery is half charged your not going to hit the same Amp level because the voltage has decreased. Most regulated box's use step down technology. Hope this helps and if anyone has other information to add it will help.. Thks :D
  • @Old_Salt I wonder how the throttle function of the Pegasus will act in that case.
    It is supposed to lower the requested power by 10 Watts if the battery voltage is not sufficient.
  • @Cegoca I'm thinking that is why they show it paired with the 1800mah 40A continuous.

My question is does anyone know what that battery (1800mah original Aspire battery) pulses at?
  • Thanks to everyone for the information, however I am soooo ignorant of all of this information that it makes my head hurt :(( so in essence what I need to know is when I get the Pegasus, what is the best battery to use for whatever wattage and whatever ohm coils I can use.
    When it comes to electricity, I am a blithering idiot! 8-} :-?? 8-}
  • Old_Salt said:

Go with the 1800mah batteries.

Thanks so much...!!!
  • Thanks @midnightwolf I will read up on it all!
  • @Guz around here it's "Miss a day, miss a lot!" :>
© 2017 Powered by Aspire