Aspire new product release--Aspire Pegasus box mod

The Pegasus takes flight!

Sleek, elegant, powerful, and graceful just like its namesake. The Pegasus is a handheld personal vaporizer that delivers from 1 to 70 watts, a floating 510 connection, and an easy to read display. The Pegasus’ ergonomic shape and solid construction will feel great in your hand. Available in three finishes brushed slate, brushed chrome, and brushed brass, it looks as great as it feels. The Pegasus’ accepts 18650 batteries and includes a micro usb charging port. Simplicity and elegance with a wide range of functionality, that’s the Pegasus.
To know the details about aspire Pegasus, please click here:https://www.aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod220.html

The video for aspire pegasus box mod:

We have designed a charging dock for our pegasus mod,this charging dock is sold separately,know details ,please click here:online.aspirecig.com/aspire-pegasus-charging-dockdelivery-on-the-early-august-p-147.html

Now our online store can receive pre-orderonline.aspirecig.com/aspire-pegasus-moddelivery-on-the-early-august-p-145.html,delivery in early August
ppobergcharlzrocks
33333.jpg
2000 x 1000 - 758K
33333.jpg 758.3K
Comments
  • 39 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This product looks great but I am not sure its going to be competitive in the current market due to its lack of TC. I would have thought holding out that little longer and launching it with TC would have been a far superior business move. Having said that, I will still buy one as I love Aspire products and will be a great upgrade from my current everyday use ESP 30 W! :-)
    charlzrocksxdipperCegocaSouthy321
  • @richy8558 Yes,Temp Control mod is a current market trend, of course we‘ll be releasing our own TC mod, we are still doing the research on that, we are planning to launch a TC device which is more safe to use, more precise but totally different from any other TC device on the market, we promised customers Aspire will have a whole new TC mod on the market in the near future.
    charlzrocksCegocarichy8558Southy321
  • Looks like one kick @ss box mod.. That truly holds it's name as "The Pegasus" of the sky and like a Greek Mythology God.. The symbolism of Pegasus varies with time. Symbol of wisdom and especially of fame from the Middle Ages but through the Sky Pegasus is the subject of a very rich iconography, especially through the ancient Greeks but Aspire brought Pegasus down from the Sky and back to life.. For Aspire Vaping enthusias to enjoy.. #-o
    charlzrocksrichy8558
  • Dear All aspire friends,
    Yesterday,aspire released our new box mod,there are some praise,also some suggestion and queries.
    For the kind praise and suggestion,we both welcome and express our sincere thanks.
    Thank you so much!

Here we do some explanations for your questions and queries:
    Some people query that aspire is not good at box mods,If it can make a good battery?please look at its last mod.
    Due to lack of experience in the mod market, we are way behind our competitors when it comes to box mods, we know that our last mod was not perfect, we do apologize to our customers. But failure is the mother of success and we have learnt a good lesson from it, We are confident that we can make good box mods.thus after a lengthy research and hundreds and thousands of tests, we are sure that the stability and quality will make our customers happy when the Pegasus arrives.

Many friends ask us that "why you don't make your own TC device?"
    Yes,Temp Control mod is a current market trend, of course we‘ll be releasing our own TC mod, we are still doing the research on that, we are planning to launch a TC device which is more safe to use, more precise but totally different from any other TC device on the market, we promised customers Aspire will have a whole new TC mod on the market in the near future.

What's more,some friends ask "why made the gear button" and doubt that if the power level stays where it's set when the dial is bumped.
    Most of the mods currently on the market are having the “ +,- ” button to increase and decrease the wattage , we don’t want to copy and instead strive for individuality, but when we chose the gear we also took our customers thoughts into consideration, we have made some adjustments to make sure that it will not turn so easily, and customers can also press the button 5times rapidly to lock the mod , then it will not turn in the pocket.

Aspire listens to our customers, we always work hard to provide our customers the highest quality, safest, and most stable products with our independent research and development.

Best Wish

MikloSouthy321
  • @Old_Salt , I agree and that is why I bought the JoyEtech Evic VT, large display no need for glasses to change that settings. Only drawback, can't change the batteries, love the temp control and choice of kanthal(wattage), nickel or titanium coil settings. My watts go up by .1 also. I got the Pegasus as my backup because I have so many kanthal coils and I needed a higher wattage. Can't wait to test it. :D
    charlzrocksOld_Salt
  • I would certainly want to try one !
    70 Watts should be enough for all new coils on the Triton and more.
    charlzrocks
  • Old_Salt said:

I'd need to carry spare batteries to vape at that power level away from home. It would probably be fine for home use if I kept it on the optional charging dock.

I think this is why they designed it to have removable battery.
    Old_Salt said:

I'm not sure whether or not I'll like the rotary adjustment. I'd need to try it and find out whether or not the power level stays where it's set when the dial is bumped.

Very valid question. I'm curious also, since I do put things in my pants pockets, or in a pocket of my messenger bag.
    Old_Salt said:

I have two questions about the Pegasus:

1. What is the increment for power adjustment?
    2. What do you mean by "Throttled" and "Low voltage step down protection?"
    Would it be possible to post a copy of the manual for the Pegasus? It may answer many of our questions.

An online copy of the manual would be awesome.
    charlzrocks
  • @Old_Salt Answer your question as below:
    1.What is the increment for power adjustment?
    To increase the wattage turn the gear to the left, to descrease the wattage turn the gear to the right. If you turn the gear quickly the wattage will be increased or decreased in 10 watt increments.If you turn the gear slowly the wattage will be in creased or decreased in 1 wattage increments.
    2.What do you mean by "Throttled" and "Low voltage step down protection?"
    When the battery cannot handle the wattage load the user has set, due to low charge, the display will display the word “Throttled” as the device decreases the wattage by 10 watt increments. The Pegasus will still fire, though at the throttled wattage.

The aspire pegasus box mod contains a manual.On the manual,users can know each function really means.
    charlzrocks
  • @Guz I'm not sure whether or not I'll like the rotary adjustment. I'd need to try it and find out whether or not the power level stays where it's set when the dial is bumped.

If it is normal used,there is no problem with the rotary adjustment,we took the rotation dynamics into consideration.
    If we don't use it,and need put in pockets,we can press the button five times within two seconds to lock the battery.
    charlzrocks
  • @Old_Salt there is another feature for this battery,most of the box mods among the market ,the hatch is not very convenient to open,we need use magnet or coin.
    But for aspire pegasus box mod,we don't need use magnet or coin to help open the hatch,which you can see from the video.
    charlzrocks
  • GuzGuz
    edited July 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @Miklo
    I'm still not sold on the temperature control with the possible health issues of nickel or TI coils. They are still a "new" concept and the health issues that come up on other forums is ambiguous.
    charlzrocks
  • This does look like an amazing box mod. I like that Aspire has opted to go with the displaying to the 100ths on resistance. A lot of mods do not. Currently I own a Sigelei 150(150W) and an IPV Mini 2(70W). Both are giving me a solid vape experience. I cannot see a reason really to get another mod at the moment. I was looking into the temperature control devices but am not sold on them. I have read the specs on it and other than the gear adjustment and the charging stand, what really makes this mod stand out from the likes of an IPV Mini 2 or the Sigelei 150?
    Tina
  • @Guz from what i understand the corncern with nickel is that it can give out some hazardous fumes at high temperature. so high temperatures that shouldn't happen in a TC device. but i understand your concern. but I'm personally not worried and think that it is the future of vaping. haven't read anything about titanium maybe you can enlighten me?:)
    Southy321
  • GuzGuz
    edited July 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @Miklo There are several threads on various forums. There is so much conflicting information, personally I'm in a "wait and see" mode for now.
    Miklo
  • I certainly prefer that Aspire concentrates on product differentiation instead of pure product innovation.
    A different product with some small innovations, like the ESP, the Atlantis 2, the Triton and most probably the Pegasus.
    :)>-
    Southy321
  • Oh dang, I spoke too soon. There is a rumor that Innoken has a TC device that will detect temp with any wire, including Kanthal. This is technology I could get on board with, and I certainly hope Aspire is researching this capability as well!
    Southy321
  • Although it is already too late for the Pegasus, maybe someone should start a TC Discussion thread (as most of this thread already is). Although I myself have no interest in TC, I can see that there are lots of folks that want it and a new thread on the subject (in the Valuable Suggestions category) would be helpful to the New Product Research team at Aspire when developing this feature on a mod in the future. I'm just saying....... :-??
    Southy321
  • Thats what I have been waiting for something I can use for my tank but dont need a big mod the Pegasus will work for all my tanks cant wait
  • Nice looking mod and great idea to make it replaceable 18650 batteries. Firing up to 70w covers all aspire tanks too.
  • Nice!!! Does it take one or two 18650 batteries?
  • There's a lot I like from what I see of the Pegasus...

• brushed finish
    • curved case opposite the firing button
    • front micro USB charging port
    • floating 510 connection
    • automatic display adjustment (always right side up for reading)
    • optional charging dock
    I'm a little reluctant to use a single 18650 for 70W. That's a 22A draw when the battery is at 3.2V. That equates to about 4 min 30sec of vape time, or 45 six second vapes. I'd need to carry spare batteries to vape at that power level away from home. It would probably be fine for home use if I kept it on the optional charging dock.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll like the rotary adjustment. I'd need to try it and find out whether or not the power level stays where it's set when the dial is bumped.

I have two questions about the Pegasus:

1. What is the increment for power adjustment?
    2. What do you mean by "Throttled" and "Low voltage step down protection?"
    Would it be possible to post a copy of the manual for the Pegasus? It may answer many of our questions.

charlzrocks
  • If only it had TC. I'm glad you made a decent boxmod compared to the previous carbon fiber. i really love the aspire tanks! But I'm holding on to my money until you make a TC mod and some TC coils for the Triton which is my new favourite tank! i really can't see how sigelei and P4U with their really bad websites and shipping problems are further ahead than you! hope you catch up soon! best regards from Denmark
  • @Guz It takes one 18650 battery.
    The pegasus box mod doesn't contain a 18650 battery.
  • Thank you Tina for giving these precisions.
  • i found this reseller is selling the Aspire Pegasus for $98 , and they only have 5 units in stock , that's too expensive @-) http://www.vaporvaping.com/aspire-pegasus-70w-mod-p-339.html
  • I am really digging the features on this new box mod! The safety features alone make this a very attractive unit. The looks are sexy as hell! All of the colors are very classy and sophisticated looking. I find that the charging dock is a very nice touch as in charging the mod and keeping it stable without it tumbling off the desk or table. The thumbwheel adjustment is awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Great Job Aspire! :-bd
  • @sandreecig It has been stated that no units will be available until August. This includes the distributors. That site is selling the Odyssey Kit and not labeling it as such. It was stated in another post that the issue with websites saying they are selling them and that they are in stock is a slight problem atm.
  • Is this mod powered by a YIHI chip, if not which one is used?
© 2017 Powered by Aspire