Aspire CF Mod

Hi everyone,

I've been using an Aspire CF Mod for a number of weeks now and I'm wondering what coil resistance I can fire with it.

I have tried use it with the Nautilus, Triton and a sub tank G.

I know there is some level of protection built in to it, but I'm wondering if I could end up firing it with too much power if a coil resistance is too high?

I've been looking for technical specs and can't find decent information - I've found lots of conflicting information with some sites/users referring to it as a Mech Mod but it doesn't fit my definition of a mech mod...

The main Aspire page https://www.aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod184.html doesn't state what range of resistances it can fire.

The CF Sub Ohm is stated to fire resistances of 0.3 to 1 ohm on https://www.aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod185.html
Is there a similar rating for the CF Mod?

Is the CF Mod dialling back the power when a higher resistance coil is used? Or does it stick to pushing voltage meaning that the wattage isn't so high when a higher resistance coil is used? And does this mean it could be pushing more wattage when using a sub ohm coil?
For example the 0.4 ohm coil in the Triton being fired at 4.2V would equate to 10.5A and 44.1 Watts - but that coil is rated at 25-30W - does this mean too much wattage is being pushed through the coil or is there some other form of limiting going on here?

If anyone can point me in the direction of some more detailed tech specs that would be great :)
Thanks
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Viruk the fire resistance for CF mod is also 0.3-1.0ohm.
    The output wattage will change according to the resistance of coil
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The CF MOD and CF MOD SUBΩ do not appear to have any mechanism to regulate the output voltage or wattage. The output power (wattage) is therefore dependent on the voltage of the battery and the resistance of the coil. For your 0.4Ω coil that equates to 30.6 - 44.1 watts depending on the charge of the battery. The coils can handle it electrically, but probably will not last as long as they would with the lower wattage. You get a faster build-up of residue on the resistance wire, and the cotton wick would char faster.

The vape would not be consistent. You'd get the most vapor with a fully charged battery and that would taper off as you drained the battery. The taste would also change as the battery drained.

These are the reasons that folks have moved to regulated MODs such as VV and VW. With the regulated MODs you get a consistent vape regardless of the battery's charge.
  • @tina and @Old_Salt thank you both for your replies.

I've definitely noticed a big drop off in vapour as the battery drains and I've tended to stick to keeping my batteries near their upper limit.

I was firing my nautilus tanks with 1.6 ohm coils from the CF mod. I would guess that I wouldn't have a problem with that if it's solely based on voltage as those coils are rated at up to 4.2 volts - do you see any problems with that assumption?
  • Had A quick question for the group, although it may have even been answered else where, but Im wanting to run some RDAs and a few RTAs . in terms of coil resistance it will be nothing insane. However, i picked this on clearance at my local vape shop for 10 bucks and seemed to good a deal to pass up. Any suggestions to what RTAs or RDAs would be really helpful! I'd like to run the new limitless on it if possible or the cleito?

Cheers!
  • @windwaker86

You can run an atomizer that has resistance from 0.3-1.0 Ω on the Aspire CF SubOhm battery. I had run my Atlantis tanks on them with the .5ohm Clapton coils with good results.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire