Warning on Triton Top Fill Cap

@Tina Due to what is being discussed in this post, I will not be able to make a good review video and have to use what I shot earlier which did not turn out as good. Will have to make another video after my other Triton gets here. Hopefully this does not disqualify my reviewer status.

I was just mowing my grass and I use a riding lawn mower. I was vaping on the Triton just like I would every one of my tanks while mowing. I went to park my lawn mower and now now top fill cap and drip tip are gone. I did not hit any rough bumps or anything and noticed when I went to take a vape after I got off that it was missing. It came off that easily. I thought the set up was pretty snug and have not really had any issues prior to this with it coming loose or anything. I am going to have to take a metal detector through my lawn just to find it. If it came off that easy for me and I was not doing anything too rough, then this could be a serious issue.
Comments
  • 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not really sure it was vibrations. I am still puzzled over how it came off.
    gabbagabbawill
  • Midnightwolf,

One suggestion: Rinse the 510 drip tip and the fill cap O-rings with HOT water. Dry them off, then put them on the tank.

I've found this to help keeping things together as the hot water expands the O-ring, and drying it makes it more sticky. But as soon as you remove them, you have to do the process all over.
  • I think you can chalk it up as a possible "just one of those weird things that happen once in a blue moon" type of thing.
    midnightwolf
  • @midnightwolf ,I am sincerely sorry to hear that.
    Would you please send a picture to show your problem to me by email:tina@aspirecig.com
    or to our service:service@aspirecig.com
    we will pass your picture to our engineer and figure out the problem.

Best Wish
    Tina
  • @Tina Due to what is being discussed in this post, I will not be able to make a good review video and have to use what I shot earlier which did not turn out as good. Will have to make another video after my other Triton gets here. Hopefully this does not disqualify my reviewer status.

I was just mowing my grass and I use a riding lawn mower. I was vaping on the Triton just like I would every one of my tanks while mowing. I went to park my lawn mower and now now top fill cap and drip tip are gone. I did not hit any rough bumps or anything and noticed when I went to take a vape after I got off that it was missing. It came off that easily. I thought the set up was pretty snug and have not really had any issues prior to this with it coming loose or anything. I am going to have to take a metal detector through my lawn just to find it. If it came off that easy for me and I was not doing anything too rough, then this could be a serious issue.

Wow, sorry to hear of your loss on the drip tip AFC! I too use a riding lawnmower and have over 2 acres! If I lost mine it would take weeks for me to find it using a metal detector, if it wasn't already cut into little tiny pieces....Wahhhhhh!! :(( :((
  • I found it yesterday. Been away from the computer. It does concern me with as tight as it is on the atomizer that it did come off. I have had it come off 2 other times in my truck also while shifting gears. You would think that with as hard as it is to pull off that it would not come off as easily.
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Due to the vibrations most probably ?
  • I find my fill cap very hard to remove, no idea why ...
  • Check the seals if you've used isopropanol to clean the tank. I found that the drip tip silicone seals seem to soften and stretch a little on the Nautilus mini when I used this. Sometimes the seal would roll out of the groove and be trapped between the top hardware and drip tip if I wasn't careful.
  • It is tight and slightly hard to remove but that is why I posted this warning. Like I said I was shocked when it came off
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down

...I want to suggest to that the Triton 2.0 do away with the drip tip airflow control. No one is going to use it...

I use the top Air Flow Control to add some air. It helps smooth out some of the harsher liquids, as well as cool the vapor at higher power levels.

• Old_Salt said:

...I want to suggest to that the Triton 2.0 do away with the drip tip airflow control. No one is going to use it...

I use the top Air Flow Control to add some air. It helps smooth out some of the harsher liquids, as well as cool the vapor at higher power levels.

That's great! I usually make a less harsher liquid or reduce power levels to cool the vape.

• @SorpioTiger I actually prefer the AFC in the top of the tank to be built into the drip tip like it was on the Matrix. It makes it closer to the mouth and does not cut on the flavor as much. That said, I would like to say that the AFC is good on the Triton but no where near perfect. It does help the 1.8Ohm coil though.
  • Hey everyone,
    First time poster. I've been using the Triton for a few weeks and, for the most part, I've enjoyed the tank, especially the top fill. However, I've recently been experiencing issues with the cap, specifically how it sits in the tank. After I cleaned the tank with water, I noticed that the cap would not sit. I would press it into the tank, and it would slowly slip out of the groove and become loose. It's so lose that if I turn it upside down, the cap will actually fall to the ground. I removed the bottom-most o-ring after this happened, and it seemed to sit properly for about a week, but has since become loose again. I'm guessing the issue is with the inner-most o-ring not seating on the center shaft correctly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • I'm having a problem with the drip tip assembly. The heat sink section will not sit flush into the tank. I've checked the o-rings and they seem fine. I can't use the tank because the heatsink/airflow section is not sealed to allow a draw from the coil.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution?

I want to suggest to that the Triton 2.0 do away with the drip tip airflow control. No one is going to use it. Also, thread the drip tip well and so the user can unscrew the heatsink to fill the tank.

Here is another suggestion made back in January. https://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/21224/suggestion-for-new-product-to-atlantis-for-easy-refill?Sort=date
    gabbagabbawill
© 2017 Powered by Aspire