Burnt oil

Just recd . My Aspire. 2 problems. 1 burned my lips 2 x . 2 too much smoke making me choke? Any remidies?
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What type of tank and what type of bettery?
  • edited June 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Turn down the voltage or wattage on your MOD to the lowest setting for your coil, then work your way up to the sweet spot for taste and vapor production. If you still get too much vapor, go to a lower power coil.

If your tank has them, open the air vents at the bottom of the tank, to get more air through it. If you have an Atlantis 2, open the vents at the top as well. If the vapor is still too hot, don't seal the tip with your lips. Allow air into your mouth beside the tip.

If you still find yourself choking, or your throat is irritated by the vapor, try your favorite flavor with zero nicotine. If your throat is irritated by the vapor, you may be sensitive to PG. Try a liquid with a high VG content i.e. 40%PG / 60%VG.

I buy my liquid flavors with nicotine and no nicotine, then mix them to get 0.4% nicotine for the Nautilus. You can use a scale or oral syringes for this. Use an empty liquid bottle or a cleaned out pill vial to mix a small test batch.

Hope this helps...
  • Old_Salt said:

Turn down the voltage or wattage on your MOD to the lowest setting for your coil, then work your way up to the sweet spot for taste and vapor production. If you still get too much vapor, go to a lower power coil.

If your tank has them, open the air vents at the bottom of the tank, to get more air through it. If you have an Atlantis 2, open the vents at the top as well. If the vapor is still too hot, don't seal the tip with your lips. Allow air into your mouth beside the tip.

If you still find yourself choking, or your throat is irritated by the vapor, try your favorite flavor with zero nicotine. If your throat is irritated by the vapor, you may be sensitive to PG. Try a liquid with a high VG content i.e. 40%PG / 60%VG.

I buy my liquid flavors with nicotine and no nicotine, then mix them to get 0.4% nicotine for the Nautilus. You can use a scale or oral syringes for this. Use an empty liquid bottle or a cleaned out pill vial to mix a small test batch.

Hope this helps...

Yeah....what HE said! :-bd
  • Just recd . My Aspire. 2 problems. 1 burned my lips 2 x . 2 too much smoke making me choke? Any remidies?

Do you use "direct lung inhale" ?
    I don't think so, that is why you burn your lips.
  • Cegoca said:

Just recd . My Aspire. 2 problems. 1 burned my lips 2 x . 2 too much smoke making me choke? Any remidies?

Do you use "direct lung inhale" ?
    I don't think so, that is why you burn your lips.
    Not nessessarily....I can get extremely hot hits sometimes if I don't have the airflow open wide even when doing direct to lung inhale. The more airflow helps cool the vapor and keeps a SS drip tip from getting too hot. If you are still getting hot hits, I recommend trying a longer drip tip that takes your lips further away from the heat source itself. And likewise if you are getting too much vapor and it's making you choke, the increased airflow will help with that as well. And remember, the slower you draw on it the more vapor and heat you will get. A faster draw and more air should solve your problem. Good Luck!

:-bd
  • edited June 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Perhaps not necessarily but mostly the main reason to burned lips : a not adapted use of a cloud chasing tank as the Atlantis. ;)
    It was certainly my case before I got used to the Atlantis, and it never happened to me afterwards, unless chain vaping like mad.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire